Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk arrogance is delicious, they expect every single player is coming to them and it's highly amusing.

Quick tip - Although I normally don't like to do it, I've noticed this thread has improved dramatically with the use of the Ignore button! :eek:

Remember, if you don't feed the trolls, they'll get bored!

So do we think Dusty is signing a 4 year deal with Richmond, or will it be 5 years? The rumour going around is we've offered 4, but I'd prefer if we signed him for 5 honestly.

Hawk arrogance is delicious, they expect every single player is coming to them and it's highly amusing.
Where did I say I think he's coming to Hawthorn? You're projecting your insecurities.

Yo only have to wonder over to the hawthorn board to see they think it's a lock. Regardless I'm done here
I'm not sure what the relevance of what other people are saying elsewhere has to do with what I've said here.

Friendly tip for your lot from someone who had to deal with the same thing in 2013. What will happen will happen. Arguing about what the player or your club will do won't have any influence on what they do. It's going to be a very long and tiring year if you're going to take personal offence to and feel compelled to rebut everything opposition supporters say in here. If you're so convinced Martin will re-sign you might as well be on your way.

Quick tip - Although I normally don't like to do it, I've noticed this thread has improved dramatically with the use of the Ignore button! :eek:

Remember, if you don't feed the trolls, they'll get bored!.
Your responses have always been optional but ultimately unnecessary.

So do we think Dusty is signing a 4 year deal with Richmond, or will it be 5 years? The rumour going around is we've offered 4, but I'd prefer if we signed him for 5 honestly.
Either way, you'll be satisfied with a single top 5 pick as compensation. As you've said already.

But Richmond supporters hoping for more will be disappointed.

If you want him, you better get your credit card out mate, we're charging a premium price! :thumbsu:
Until reality dawns and you accept unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond will name their price like Adelaide did with Dangerfield.

You keep mentioning Dusty and Dangerfield - they are nothing alike apart from the fact they are both AFL footballers.

The closest scenario would be Dusty and Buddy. ;)

But that said ... Dusty would not be playing AFL football if it were not for the Tigers, Dusty knows that ... Tigers know that.

There is a very strong bond between both parties, its going to take more than money to break that bond.

You keep mentioning Dusty and Dangerfield - they are nothing alike apart from the fact they are both AFL footballers.

But that said ... Dusty would not be playing AFL football if it were not for the Tigers, Dusty knows that ... Tigers know that.

There is a very strong bond between both parties, its going to take more than money to break that bond.

You make it sound like he was some homeless street kid they found kicking a football in an alleyway. He was a number 3 draft pick ffs

And both were eligible to exercise free agency. That's the point here.

OK. If you say so.

I don't think that example makes the case any more persuasively that Richmond will simply name their price by forcing a trade. That's certainly not what happened when Franklin left Hawthorn.

The Dangerfield example at least takes account of what might happen if a club is prepared to match a RFA bid and can then negotiate something more than the AFL-assigned compensation. That's why the Dangerfield example is instructive.

Maybe that's too much nuance for you.

Like the promise of on-field success?

Last edited:
You make it sound like he was some homeless street kid they found kicking a football in an alleyway. He was a number 3 draft pick ffs

Well thats is interesting comparison "homeless street kid" ( not one I would use) ... Dusty has had his "challenges" Tigers have done an awesome job.

Maybe that's too much nuance for you.

hahaha ... maybe you dont know the kid. Maybe you have never met him. As a regular attendee at many Tigers functions I might have the upper hand ... ;)

the promise of on-field success?

hahaha ... nah keep trying. Think more Choco & Dimma then you are getting closer.

hahaha ... maybe you dont know the kid. Maybe you have never met him. As a regular attendee at many Tigers functions I might have the upper hand ... ;)
I have never met Dustin Martin. How does that repudiate any of my statements, which are mostly about possible compensation should Martin ask to leave?

It sounds like the crux of your argument is: "I go to functions so I know better."

Should everyone overlook the fact that your statements are internally incoherent because you go to functions?

hahaha ... nah keep trying. Think more Choco & Dimma then you are getting closer.
I think you miss my point.

Money may not be the only factor should Martin choose to leave. He may also see more potential for on-field success elsewhere.

I have never met Dustin Martin.

I know you have never met him ... thats obvious. You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

My hope and expectation is he will stay a Tiger - as he should. Credit where credit is due the Tigers have done an outstanding job to this date in his career.

I know you have never met him ... thats obvious.
It's also irrelevant.

My statements are about what Richmond might be able to extract in return should Martin leave. Having met Martin or not would not have any bearing on this one way or the other.

You struggle to connect dots in a rational way, don't you? You're like one of those chimps in cognition tests who keeps trying to force the square peg into the round hole.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.
As opposed to what? Are you arguing for some higher purpose? Are you hoping to receive a prize?

My hope and expectation is he will stay a Tiger - as he should. Credit where credit is due the Tigers have done an outstanding job to this date in his career.
Did you engage in this discussion only to tell everyone you've met Dustin Martin?

Or did you have a point besides that?

Welcome to the Hawks Dusty, you will enjoy playing for the Premiership factory.

Have a good year and don't get injured and present yourself in tip top condition for the 2018 pre-season.

Am I doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back