Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha.
I always make life changing decisions years in advance and never change my mind even after 2 years of new information is available to me.
So you disagree that an agreement would have been made prior to announcing that contract talks were going on hold, in the face of the majority who have gone before him. Good for you.

So you disagree that an agreement would have been made prior to announcing that contract talks were going on hold, in the face of the majority who have gone before him. Good for you.
Goes straight back to my first post in this thread. That every club's supporters think their out of contract free agent who's put contract talks on hold is going to be the exception.

But contract talks are not on hold. ;) There's your exception.
Right. And Franklin didn't put contract talks on hold either if you apply the same criteria.

Was it one or two years before he left the hawks that he agreed with the swans to move there?
Depends who you ask. Pickering stated Franklin asked him to talk to the Swans after the 2012 GF.

Depends who you ask. Pickering stated Franklin asked him to talk to the Swans after the 2012 GF.

No no no no no.
According to this clown on bigfooty, players don't simply start preliminary talks with other clubs years in advance.
They strike agreements with clubs years in advance.

So was it one or two years before he left that budwah told the swans he was all theirs?

No no no no no.
According to this clown on bigfooty, players don't simply start preliminary talks with other clubs years in advance.
They strike agreements with clubs years in advance.

So was it one or two years before he left that budwah told the swans he was all theirs?
If you're going to call someone a clown, at least learn to read first.

"These agreements are normally made a long way out. Before it is announced that current contract negotiations are on hold.
Look at Dangerfield, Franklin and Ablett, for example.

If Dusty is leaving, he's not sizing up clubs now, he did it months and months ago, back in 2016.

Clubs target players 12-24 months before they come out of contract."

No need to get upset, just be thankful you talked 4 players into choosing the wrong club.
No one is upset here. I'm just countering your statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you had been working on getting Vickery over for the last two years?
Such meticulous planning.
Most likely, yes.

For someone who Richmond supporters are glad to see the back of, you guys sure do spend a lot of time wanting to discuss him.

Dusty is doing the same as last time, building up his value. Fair enough I reckon you would be stupid not to.

The danger with this is if he gets a massive offer that Richmond can't get close to he may be on the move.

The club the players play for are always in the box seat but we live in a world where no player is safe from being poached.

Most likely, yes.

For someone who Richmond supporters are glad to see the back of, you guys sure do spend a lot of time wanting to discuss him.

Nah I'm just amazed the brainstrust at the Hawks would not only offer Vickery a 7 figure contract, but also spend 2 years trying to woo him to the club.

Astounding.

Nah I'm just amazed the brainstrust at the Hawks would not only offer Vickery a 7 figure contract, but also spend 2 years trying to woo him to the club.

Astounding.
You're still discussing him, in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

You're still discussing him, in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

I'm actually discussing the hawks spending 2 years wooing players, as you brought up in this thread. Vickery happens to be one of them. I'm not sure why you are getting upset with him being mentioned as you brought up other players that weren't Dustin Martin in this thread as well.

Do you think clubs don't do this?

100% clubs monitor players thru-out their whole careers. However, normally you need to find a catalyst for change ... the two big ones are

1/ More opportunities/ specific role to play
2/ Want to go home

Then you have a very, very small % that change for other reasons - I think Dusty falls into the very, very small category - he is unique in so many ways & football is his life.

100% clubs monitor players thru-out their whole careers. However, normally you need to find a catalyst for change ... the two big ones are

1/ More opportunities/ specific role to play
2/ Want to go home

Then you have a very, very small % that change for other reasons - I think Dusty falls into the very, very small category - he is unique in so many ways & football is his life.
It remains to be seen if Martin wants out, or just a bigger contract.

Considering how far this went last time, and the touring of the Giants facilities I'm thinking he might have been quite open to change last year, when the Tigers were in turmoil, and so he opened himself up to offers.

Did he agree to one though? Not sure.

We'll find out in a few months.

It remains to be seen if Martin wants out, or just a bigger contract.

Considering how far this went last time, and the touring of the Giants facilities I'm thinking he might have been quite open to change last year, when the Tigers were in turmoil, and so he opened himself up to offers.

Did he agree to one though? Not sure.

We'll find out in a few months.

Its common knowledge the "tour of the Giants facilities" was a stunt by his manager ( Carr ) ... Carr is also a unique individual with unconventional methods.

Dusty will announce his decision in good time. As Ive said all along the best the Tigers can hope for is Dusty staying on a massively inflated contract or lose him for a free agency compo pick.

If you're going to call someone a clown, at least learn to read first.

"These agreements are normally made a long way out. Before it is announced that current contract negotiations are on hold.
Look at Dangerfield, Franklin and Ablett, for example.

If Dusty is leaving, he's not sizing up clubs now, he did it months and months ago, back in 2016.

Clubs target players 12-24 months before they come out of contract."
Just for clarity, there's a difference between exploring your options and locking yourself in.

We can assume with the benefit of hindsight that Dangerfield was locked in to Geelong. I don't think we could assume the same about Franklin, as much as he may have sounded out Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back