Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do fools like David Schwarz suggest Richmond should be "speaking to the other 17 clubs to get the best deal", it is out of their hands, he goes to where he wants or if matched he stays or a trade is worked out between Richmond and the other team.
Not sure if he isn't right look at what happened with Vickery there was obviously something going on for us to get so well compensated, but really in Martins case one pick is not enough two first rounders at least so best if we just make sure every club knows that we will match and better any offer unless they trade two first rounders for him.

Not sure if he isn't right look at what happened with Vickery there was obviously something going on for us to get so well compensated, but really in Martins case one pick is not enough two first rounders at least so best if we just make sure every club knows that we will match and better any offer unless they trade two first rounders for him.
If he leaves, you are going to be disappointed !!

Certainly in the short term and I and most supporters would rather he stays, but in the long term if he leaves it could turn out a positive.

Fair call ... but I would not be worried in the slightest at this stage. Ignore the media they are full of s**t - You have many, many good people at your club ... you will be fine.

Win,win situation for Richmond.
I agree with this. If Richmond go well in 2017 and things are looking fairly positive then he will likely stay. If they have another year like 2016 then you would think it is in Richmond's best interest to take a couple of first round picks for him (turns 27 in 2018), best case scenario for Richmond is that St Kilda are the team he goes to as they already have 2 first round picks to offer. 4 first round picks would be a boom start to a rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be worse - we could have recruited Tyrone Vickery.

Remind me, how much of a pay cut did Ty take for the privilege of playing for hawthorn?

Tom Mitchell and Jaeger must have done the same too right?

They'd practically be playing for free presumably.

Hawthorn definitely wouldn't be paying those 3 top market value (and waaaay more in Ty's case)... Because only the aints have to do that right?

Remind me, how much of a pay cut did Ty take for the privilege of playing for hawthorn?

Tom Mitchell and Jaeger must have done the same too right?

They'd practically be playing for free presumably.

Hawthorn definitely wouldn't be paying those 3 top market value (and waaaay more in Ty's case)... Because only the aints have to do that right?

They certainly wouldn't massively overpay for any of them at the trade table either. Only a desperate team would do that.

Why do fools like David Schwarz suggest Richmond should be "speaking to the other 17 clubs to get the best deal", it is out of their hands, he goes to where he wants or if matched he stays or a trade is worked out between Richmond and the other team.

Haven't you just agreed with Schwarz with your last line?

Chin up mate, you sound concerned for the future

Not all mate 2017 will just be another year on a long list of us finishing above St.Kilda. I also think Money is Dusty's main objective and in all seriousness can see him staying after milking every dollar he can out of the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back