Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Brisbane should throw a bit of cash at him, reignite him and his best mate Mathison but it's doubtful. I just can't see the bombers getting Martin without losing a player like Parish. 1.6 is crazy money.

I don't want Martin if we lose Parish. don't want it to * our cap for when the likes of Merret,Fantasia etc asking for bigger contracts down the line.

Surely Brisbane should throw a bit of cash at him, reignite him and his best mate Mathison but it's doubtful. I just can't see the bombers getting Martin without losing a player like Parish. 1.6 is crazy money.
Throwing $1.6M at one player is simply just silly for any club, we all seen what happened with Sydney once they lost COLA and had Franklin chewing up most of there salary cap, and if Daniher, Merrett, McGrath Parish etc keep developing into quality players then there price tag is only going to go up.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

I don't want Martin if we lose Parish. don't want it to **** our cap for when the likes of Merret,Fantasia etc asking for bigger contracts down the line.
Yep, may not hurt you guys next year, or the year after but when your young guns start asking for more $ and my club has $1M+ in cap space, good luck trying to keep all of them together.

All I can put it down to is The Bombers want Dusty without having to trade. Which is fair, 1.6 probably means a team can't match the offer. Imagine Richmond having to pay Dusty 1.6 to keep him.. they just wouldn't, it's too much imo. But then again I know nothing about Essendons salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why aren't you in the Kelly race? I think he'd compliment any midfield perfectly.
Would love Kelly but would have to give up atleast our next two years worth of first rounders for him. I think we would rather keep our pick and bring in a FA. Reckon we will have a decent dip at Rockliff.

And this is why journalism and footballing media in Australia is a joke, absolutely 0 accountability in the s**t they put out to the footballing public, he probably read on another Essendon forum a rumor posted and ran with it as if he has any inside information.

Well, the Essendon statement says no offer has been made. And it probably hasn't. But what's an offer? Essendon would say an offer is a piece of paper from the club. I'd say at this point in the year people aren't putting pen on offers. But Essendon talking to Dusty's management and throwing out ball parks, that's just gauging the market. Right? Maybe?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For what it's worth if Essendon could load the first two years at 1.6m and the next 4 years at maybe 900k each then Dusty just scored over 1.1 person to play ball. Maybe.

Np we'll just make Daniher an offer he can't refuse and we'll take Parish or Merrett as well with all that free salary cap.

Np we'll just make Daniher an offer he can't refuse and we'll take Parish or Merrett as well with all that free salary cap.

Next couple years we will have a lot of space as we've got a number retiring. Then when the kids start coming on Dusty back-ended contract will wheel back a bit and offer space for others.

Finally, who would leave a club with Dusty, Joe, Hurls, Hooker.... Merrett, Parish, Heppell. There's a lotta quality in there when the wheels start turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back