Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and great signs for the future when Miller is a regular :rolleyes:
Miller isn't exactly a 'regular', as soon as we have a fit KPF ready they'll be straight in and he'll be out...just a bit hard to put someone in that position of strong bodied forward when they're injured.

However in saying that, he's 1 of 22 and 1 of about 5 of those 22 players that are over 25 too, he's not hindering anyone from developing and offers a solid (if not necessarily effective around goal) target for now.
Swallow is a class above all your midfielders, Cotchins ugly kicks out of packs?
Martin will start getting caught out on those "dont argues" and has no room for improvement and Foley? the poor fella just runs around in circles.
Cotchins 'ugly' kicks out of the packs help beat your mob.:eek:

I'm pretty sure people were pulling the "he'll get caught with the don't argues" line last year...and yet here is is still doing it.

No room for improvement? Yet in the first 6 weeks of this season has improved end over end from last years performances? Well, if that is no room for improvement then I think I'll take it tbh.

It's pretty obvious how much you lack knowledge of anything, so you probably should stick to the NM board as if they're as deluded as you are then you're bound to get some great talk of how awesome your kids and old fogies are going.:thumbsu::)

I'm going to call best 2nd year player since Judd...?

I'm going to call best 2nd year player since Judd...?

very hard to argue. and im sure if i did, Dustin would give me the big ole 'dont!'
Fyfe aint bad and would be a tie between the two i would say.

was a smooth mover with a lot of strength and power last year and goes from strength to strength.

i think richmond can finally lay the 04 draft ghosts to bed now.
Deledio is delivering some very nice footy and Martin is an out and out star.

Swallow and Harvey would be your best players. Bagging Ziebell? Nice work sunshine, Id love to see Martin coming off Ziebells injury problems, as for Cunnington, give him time only his second year like Ziebell is coming off a few injuries, it took Cotchin a couple of seasons to show something, and his disposal of the ball is a bit of a worry at the moment. Oh and great signs for the future when Miller is a regular :rolleyes:

I understand you're defending your list and fair play but please be sensible.

1. It did not take a "couple of years" for Cotchin to show anything. It was obvious from the off that the boy was a class act.
2. Though you are being ironic it is fact IS a great sign for the future when a hugely talented kid is a regular.
3. It is ludicrous to suggest that Swallow would be our best player...silly. Harvey perhaps but Swallow? Come on.

Underrated simply because he's a Tiger. Already a gun. It'll be interesting to see how umpires view him at the Brownlow.

Bloody impressive.

So far it's the best performance from a second year player I have seen, his start to a year. Very quiet and focused kid is Dustin, just wants to play football at an high level week to week.

With all the media attention this week, thought he may have a downer, should learn to trust this guy more, a sign of a gun player to flick the publicity off and perform to that standard again.

Simply said, Martin is already a gun.

Amazing as a he is such a brute and his inside game is so strong, but then he is poetry when he has time and space, his field kicking is great, and he can go forward and be a threat. Just a complete package unfolding here. Talking to Dimma, he said he is still just scratching the surface of his total potential.

Good to see Foley back to some form after injuries, Cotchin getting more game time in those legs, Conca a class act....Martin will have some really great support.

Would like to see him use his left a bit more. It is a terrific asset and he sometimes looks to kick inside out on his right. Not convinced his ball use is elite just yet, but gee I'm struggling to pick holes in him

Odd that he wasn't tagged. In a preseason game the Hawks went really really hard at him and he understandably felt it

May he please be blessed in terms of injury.

He is 19

Would like to see him use his left a bit more. It is a terrific asset and he sometimes looks to kick inside out on his right. Not convinced his ball use is elite just yet, but gee I'm struggling to pick holes in him

Odd that he wasn't tagged. In a preseason game the Hawks went really really hard at him and he understandably felt it

May he please be blessed in terms of injury.

He is 19

he's a gem isn't he? You must be pleased to see Richmond get it right at the Draft table, which they have here in a big way.

I wouldn't necessarily say he is going to be better than Scully/Trengove, although it's entirely possible, but Martin is the kind of player Melbourne needed because they just don't have any **** in their team, barring probably Tapscott. Melbourne seriously need some ****

Overrated. Will be interesting to see how Martin handles a tag, tiger supporters need to keep their pants on, I remember your bunch talking up Deledio a few years back and the pretty boy could not handle the big time in the middle when he was tagged.

Turn it up Moby!

You obviously didn't go to the game last week against the Tiges. He is an outstanding young footballer. Cotchin is a freak too. Ask Harry O'Brien or Firrito how they feel about being pushed around by a 2nd year kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's a gem isn't he? You must be pleased to see Richmond get it right at the Draft table, which they have here in a big way.

I wouldn't necessarily say he is going to be better than Scully/Trengove, although it's entirely possible, but Martin is the kind of player Melbourne needed because they just don't have any **** in their team, barring probably Tapscott. Melbourne seriously need some ****

Yeah, happy. That said I think the **** of which you speak is just as much a state of mind.

I doubt many if any would have taken Martin ahead of Scully or Trengove and picking Dusty at 3 was fairly obvious, so no plaudits warranted for whoever read out his name. I don't care to discuss it anyway - all should be excellent players.

Sure beats a Fiona pick @ 3. Very weird feeling as a Tigers fan. Really enjoy watching him from a footballing perspective

I agree with you Lance. Part of the reason Tapscott has been so well received by the fans (obvious talent aside) is that he's a ****. And we haven't really had genuine ***** running around for us since the Rodney Grinter days.

Back on topic, watched the game last night and Martin just makes me cringe. He's that bloody good. Can't have it all though - Trengove has been our best 2 weeks running and we all know how good Scully is. But if I was a Tiges fan I'd be getting the #4 on my back quick smart.

Swallow and Harvey would be your best players. Bagging Ziebell? Nice work sunshine, Id love to see Martin coming off Ziebells injury problems, as for Cunnington, give him time only his second year like Ziebell is coming off a few injuries, it took Cotchin a couple of seasons to show something, and his disposal of the ball is a bit of a worry at the moment. Oh and great signs for the future when Miller is a regular :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

But if I was a Tiges fan I'd be getting the #4 on my back quick smart.

#9 (Cotchin), #8 (Riewoldt), #3 (Deledio) are all best sellers too. Funny enough #28 (King) and #22 (Nason) are very popular with the kids. King and Nason have that appeal. I reckon #30 (Conca) will soon be joining the list.

Thing is we are developing some genuine matchwinners and stars. A clan of them, it's not all about Dustin, as good as he is.

We are not there yet, no talk of finals at Punt Road this year, but if you take a deep look we are gaining that level of talent needed. Having a genuine good coach and gameplan helps.

Martin is a freak, I am so proud to have him at our club, but he has a good cast to perform next to. Trent Cotchin is the midfielder getting the hard tag at the minute. Shows what the opposition coaches think of his influence at the moment.

I still maintain Trent Cotchin is the most talented guy to walk through our doors in the last 30 years, but Martin is very close, Richo, Weightman and Knights the guys to catch. Trent is still only travelling at around 80% capacity with his body, a full year this year and another pre season and he will be close to his absolute best.

Exciting time to be a Tiger fan......for a guy in his twenties, makes a great change!! :D

Martin is every Richmond supporters dream come true, but lets face it we have a long way to go on this journey.

As cuzzy said last year ... they are little baby steps but their beautiful baby steps.

Five things to know about Dustin Martin.

Dustin Martin doesn’t cry, his eyes sweat.

When the Bogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks his closet for Dustin Martin.

Dustin Martin doesn’t prepare dinner, dinner knows when to be ready.

When you poke Dustin Martin on Facebook, you die.

When Dustin Martin was born he ‘don’t argued the doctor’

The 2009 draft could well go down as the best top 3 draft picks in the history of the draft, even better than 2001.

Im happy with our 2 but gee Dusty looks good. Would be absolutely stoked as a Tigers fan.

All this talk about reaching is ridiculous. Senior drafting experts thought Pendlebury and Thomas were reaches. Not their fault, nor does it prove they're not experts, but that's what they said. Mojo only had Pendlebury as no.12 in his top 30 2005 draftees. Others had Thomas in the teens.

The 2009 draft could well go down as the best top 3 draft picks in the history of the draft, even better than 2001.

Im happy with our 2 but gee Dusty looks good. Would be absolutely stoked as a Tigers fan.

Definitely. I think both dees and tigers fans would be disappointed if any of Trengove, Scully or Martin had the career Ball has. Ball is a good player but he's not top 3 material, and these three are.

Looked amazing in the first quarter last night. I missed the second and he was a bit quiet in the 3rd and 4th but WOW he was everywhere :eek:

All this talk about reaching is ridiculous. Senior drafting experts thought Pendlebury and Thomas were reaches. Not their fault, nor does it prove they're not experts, but that's what they said. Mojo didn't have Pendlebury in his top 30 2005 draftees. Others had Thomas in the teens.
Mojo had Pendlebury at 12.

Even the "great Derek Hine" had Hampson at 11 if Nathan Brown was gone.

Hine admitted that in an interview after the 06 draft.
Isn't that a tad premature?

Swallow, Day and Bennell could be the best top three once they come of age as footballers

No knocks on Martin who ticks all the boxes you want for a mid, but he was a ready made player with his build, skill and speed.
Definitely. I think both dees and tigers fans would be disappointed if any of Trengove, Scully or Martin had the career Ball has. Ball is a good player but he's not top 3 material, and these three are.
Harsh on Ball who is still a terrific inside mid and leader who has been cruelled by injury.

Ball was AA as a 21 year old.

If Martin has Ball's run with injury, his career could follow a similar path.

We didn't see Walker's injury coming. :(
Absolute gun. You don't get many matchwinners that are 2nd year players.
How many have played a winless Brisbane side?
Martin will start getting caught out on those "dont argues"
Or last year if he comes up against a player strong enough to hold him. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbZnIeTU8GQ

Martin does try to take them all on.

Gibbs got him twice in round one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AweMvnDkubA&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

Cotchin's game has more subtlety and poise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back