Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Personally I think he's the best young mid in the comp. Can play inside, out, up forward even push up back. Can't be tackled, super strong, great skills and also a smart footballer. An absolute star.

Did Melbourne make a mistake not picking him up in 2009 instead of 1 of Trengove or Scully? 33 touches, 7 marks, 4 clearances, 4.2 goals today and BOG. Averaging 25+ touches a game and nearly 2 goals a game in his 2nd year. Saw a lot of people on BF saying he would have 2nd year blues and had no upside. :eek:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Great game from Dustin is going very nicely. Should not have got that free though towards the end of the game. Definitely ducked his head and should have been called holding the ball.

Geddy Lee

Club Legend
May 20, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GSW pre-bandwagon
Great game against rubbish opposition with heaps of injuries and poor fitness.

Trengove will be better than Scully and Martin IMO, but all three great players.

Manchild and very confident which is great to see.

AxelFoley

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dodgers, Raiders
Was waiting for this thread to be started....

What a gun, will have a Chas round his neck in the next couple of years

tap_my_scott

All Australian
Suspended
Mar 29, 2011
Mellbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good game against a horrible team.

His last goal was a joke as he played for the free kick, which was pathetic.

Trengove and Scully are comfortably better players than him.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Brilliant this evening. Tigers have an absolute gun.

Well Done Richmond. Great effort there after Quarter Time.

Krooooze

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Hard to disagree, his performance tonight was simply sensational, he can do everything, he has surprised me at how good a kick he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zahki

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's looked the best of that draft since day 1 and looks absolutely streets ahead of the pack now.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I can see why Roos wanted to swap pick 6 and 11 for pick 3, the kid is already a complete gun. Richmond's midfield is freakishly good!

Dundalis

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Fantastic performance. Possibly the midfielder I would take first if I had to build a side from scratch. Was impressed with him last week against us also. Just a massively talented player.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
He is the driving force of the club already, and Tiges must be ecstatic they have drafted such a player to build around. He's the pick of the crop from last years rookies and we're starting to see his high skill level shown more rather than just the in and under stuff. Has been great coaching also playing him at half forward.

His game today was probably as good as any superstar has produced in their first 30 odd games.

LordJimmy

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Best young footballer I've ever seen.

Already elite. If Judd played a game like that tonight they'd rename the sport Juddball.

themarkedman72

get well Lemmy, you Rock God!!
10k Posts Podcaster
Sep 16, 2009
essendonkey
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MANCHESTER UNITED
I can see why Roos wanted to swap pick 6 and 11 for pick 3, the kid is already a complete gun. Richmond's midfield is freakishly good!

i rated him the pick of the draft but then I always prefer inside hard ball winners to outside runners.

Richmonds midfield is developing very very nicely However I think you are a little over excited for a swans fan, they aint that freakishly good yet ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back