Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I was talking about their second years & Bastinac is a gun have you even watched him play? Hill no? Rioli maybe? err need to wake up champ.

How can Ryan Bastinac be a better second year player when he is yet to play in his second year and wasn't as good in his first year.
You have NFI at all, of the players you listed the only one that is in the same league as far as second year form is Rioli.
So far Martin has averaged over twice the touches Dangerfield did in his second season.
Not only has he played better in his second season so far but better then any of them have played ever in there careers.

Calling somebody a troll because you cant handle the cold truth is just poor form, you should be dropped to the reserves.
To be fair you're not a troll, the best way to describe you and your football "knowledge" would result in a lengthy ban.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
I actually don't believe Moby is a troll...I honestly believe he is mentally challenged.

I hope that doesn't get me a card. I'm just trying to point out that Moby really believes in what he types. It's just that he is SO blinded by his love for all things North (or is that his hatred for all things Richmond) that he really is not a troll. At the same time, he has no idea of what is reality and what is not. His comments border on the ludicrous...at the best of times.

AllFooty4

All Australian
Aug 30, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually don't believe Moby is a troll...I honestly believe he is mentally challenged.

I hope that doesn't get me a card. I'm just trying to point out that Moby really believes in what he types. It's just that he is SO blinded by his love for all things North (or is that his hatred for all things Richmond) that he really is not a troll. At the same time, he has no idea of what is reality and what is not. His comments border on the ludicrous...at the best of times.
Yeah, he's not a fan of Hawthorn or Essendon either, apparently neither of them have any chance of the top 4?:S

Moby1

Debutant
Feb 8, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, he's not a fan of Hawthorn or Essendon either, apparently neither of them have any chance of the top 4?:S
So because I dont believe that Hawthorn and Essendon are top 4 material it makes me a troll? Ive listed my reasons behind my opinion yet you guys continue with name calling because it hurts your feelings. Poor form.

Simmonds2Hislop

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
To be fair you're not a troll, the best way to describe you and your football "knowledge" would result in a lengthy ban.

I disagree. He claimed on another thread that Heppell was a waste of a draft pick and Atley will him look stupid in years to come.

Probably a North hating reverse troll.

So because I dont believe that Hawthorn and Essendon are top 4 material it makes me a troll? Ive listed my reasons behind my opinion yet you guys continue with name calling because it hurts your feelings. Poor form.

Read the post he replied to. People are saying you're not a troll, just that you're so ridiculously one eyed you're incapable of an opinion worthy of note.

In other words, you're worse than a troll.

Well that was an interesting read!!!!
And.......................I'm off to the betting shop to launch an assault all around North to finish top $ and win the flag.Once Bastinac returns and Hansens back is ok it's on!
See you in Hawaii suckers!!!!

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
I'm telling you all, the guy is a mental basket case...he really isn't all there. Try to ignore him (even better put him on your ignore lists).

Now back to discussing Dusty as this is the main board after all...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Martin's played 3 or 4 good games this season hasn't he?, surely that makes him top 5 in the comp on bigfooty, just behind goddard and heath shaw, or is it top 3? :thumbsu:

The New Breid

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Read the shaw thrread on the main page, some are saying he's better than pendles and swan, and i thought school holidays was over. :eek:

Sniping a player from your own team in an irrelevant thread? Too cool.

Maybe no body agrees with you in the Heath Shaw thread because you're way off the mark? Wouldn't be the first time.

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sniping a player from your own team in an irrelevant thread? Too cool.

Maybe no body agrees with you in the Heath Shaw thread because you're way off the mark? Wouldn't be the first time.

Umm, yes it would.

And me saying heath shaw isnt as good as pendles or swan is hardly bagging him.

Martin's played 3 or 4 good games this season hasn't he?, surely that makes him top 5 in the comp on bigfooty, just behind goddard and heath shaw, or is it top 3? :thumbsu:

Not at all.

Sure, his past couple of games have been among the best in the league and while that is incredible for a second year player, he obviously needs to do it over a far longer period before he warrants that kind of regard.

The best that can be said so far is that he has the potential to be that exceptional level.

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not at all.

Sure, his past couple of games have been among the best in the league and while that is incredible for a second year player, he obviously needs to do it over a far longer period before he warrants that kind of regard.

The best that can be said so far is that he has the potential to be that exceptional level.

No, if he's rated on BF it means he's the best, look at goddard :thumbsu:

stui magpie

Deity in training, practicing omnipotence
Oct 3, 2005
My place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tocumwal
A lot of crap in this thread.

Martin is a very very good young player. I'd struggle to name any kids the same age who are better right now. Hopefully he keeps developing.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
A lot of crap in this thread.

Martin is a very very good young player. I'd struggle to name any kids the same age who are better right now. Hopefully he keeps developing.

Good call.

Interested to see how he handles a really hard tag. With a "Don't Argue" hopefully! Best thing is he can a always go forward if a tag has a effect on him on the midfield.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm going to call best 2nd year player since Judd...?
I'd say he's better, if he will have as good a career as Judd, well time will tell, however right now he's smashing him in every stat there is (except just behind on tackles)

Player Statistics Comparison
Dustin Martin Name Chris Judd
2011 Stats for Season 2003
6 Games 23
19.2 Kicks Per Game 11.6
7.5 Handballs Per Game 6.5
26.7 Disposals Per Game 18.2
3.7 Marks Per Game 2.3
1.7 Goals Per Game 1.3
0.7 Behinds Per Game 0.6
2.8 Tackles Per Game 3.2

Even on their current seasons

2011 Stats for Season 2011
6 Games 6
19.2 Kicks Per Game 13.8
7.5 Handballs Per Game 14.0
26.7 Disposals Per Game 27.8
3.7 Marks Per Game 2.2
1.7 Goals Per Game 0.5
0.7 Behinds Per Game 1.0
2.8 Tackles Per Game 6.3
4.7 Inside 50s Per Game 4.8
1.3 Goal Assists Per Game 0.7
3.0 Goals Contributed Per Game 1.2

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd say he's better, if he will have as good a career as Judd, well time will tell, however right now he's smashing him in every stat there is (except just behind on tackles)

Player Statistics Comparison
2011 Stats for Season 2003
6 Games 23
19.2 Kicks Per Game 11.6
7.5 Handballs Per Game 6.5
26.7 Disposals Per Game 18.2
3.7 Marks Per Game 2.3
1.7 Goals Per Game 1.3
0.7 Behinds Per Game 0.6
2.8 Tackles Per Game 3.2

Even on their current seasons

2011 Stats for Season 2011
6 Games 6
19.2 Kicks Per Game 13.8
7.5 Handballs Per Game 14.0
26.7 Disposals Per Game 27.8
3.7 Marks Per Game 2.2
1.7 Goals Per Game 0.5
0.7 Behinds Per Game 1.0
2.8 Tackles Per Game 6.3
4.7 Inside 50s Per Game 4.8
1.3 Goal Assists Per Game 0.7
3.0 Goals Contributed Per Game 1.2

If he can keep those averages in tact for the entire year then he'll be considered a very special player (for his age), big ask though, lots of mature age mids would love stats like those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back