Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Your joking right? You do understand that GAJ is almost impossible to tackle? I can tell you there were at least 5 instances I saw live right in front of me at the Hawthorn Tigers game where Cotchin got absolutely smashed in one on ones. Martin on the other hand was consistently giving seasoned veterans like Hodge and Sewell some trouble. Cotchin will never be a game breaker imo. Martin has a ready made body for AFL and in a couple of years could be the most dominant mid in the game.
Still got that view Phil?? I should think not after the last few weeks- as I said earlier in a reply to you, his inside and clearance work is a thing of absolute beauty. Will be a superstar of the competition very shortly.

Still got that view Phil?? I should think not after the last few weeks- as I said earlier in a reply to you, his inside and clearance work is a thing of absolute beauty. Will be a superstar of the competition very shortly.

Copped his first decent tag and got it 11 times only!!!

Fyfe is better in pressure games.

Last nights game brought everyone back to earth- still an absolute gun but shows he needs to work on his disposal, has some kicking errors at times.
Glad that once someone decides to tag him Cotch can break out and kill it, Conca had a solid game as well, Foley was good and Deledio a great second hald- Nahas still ripping it up too

Sure Martin was tagged but they let Cotchin run free and go head to head against Pavlich, who Cotchin absolutely pantsed.

Only reason why Martin was having such an impact on his previous games was because Cotchin was getting tagged, although while Cotchin was still being tagged he was still getting big numbers, something as a young kid Martin will have to work on and work through the tag.

Still not upset about his game though, he will learn from that and he still did a few nice things during the game and kicked a ripping 55m goal at a crucial stage of the game.

Sorry JR, if you had a look at Phil's initial comment, I was talking about Cotchin- I assume you are talking abour Martin?? And yes, he did cop the hard tag but I still thought he had an input in the win.

Trengove will be better than Scully and Martin IMO,

vZ9weA.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only skimmed over a few pages but there seem to be plenty of neutral fans who were impressed with Dusty in his first season or two. Contrast to some posters now who tell us Dusty has only been good for five seasons.
jeez mate you're popping up in every thread I'm reading, always with the same victim complex like statements. Who hurt you?

Personally I think he's the best young mid in the comp. Can play inside, out, up forward even push up back. Can't be tackled, super strong, great skills and also a smart footballer. An absolute star.

Did Melbourne make a mistake not picking him up in 2009 instead of 1 of Trengove or Scully? 33 touches, 7 marks, 4 clearances, 4.2 goals today and BOG. Averaging 25+ touches a game and nearly 2 goals a game in his 2nd year. Saw a lot of people on BF saying he would have 2nd year blues and had no upside. :eek:

Wow this guy is clever

jeez mate you're popping up in every thread I'm reading, always with the same victim complex like statements. Who hurt you?
Not sure of your logic... it's a thread about a Richmond player.

Maybe stick to threads whining about the MRP or something. There'll you'll see some victim complex... bUt It WaS An AcCiDeNtAl HeAd ClAsH, bUt NeAlE sTaRtEd It, bUt ToMaHaWk WoUlD hAvE gOt TwO WeEks, dErP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back