Rumour Dusty a... Crow???

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled across this last night but don't know if there is any truth behind it...

http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/...rk-ricciuto-responds-to-dustin-martin-rumour/

Rumour has it that the crows have tabled a 5year $6million offer. I think he is still contracted till the end of next year. Dont know if its for this year or next but if we have another year like this, I personally cant see him staying.
Don't be so gullible, if you believe 5% of rumours you are being taken for a ride.

I think everyone is missing the point.Atsome stage all players want to taste success well nearly all players.

He is contracted until the end of 2017 but what happens if we finish bottom 4 Dusty will be what 26 27 and asking if he will see anything other than an inglorious elimination final exit at this club.
Personally i am really surprised Deledio has not looked to greener pastures this year for this reason.

From a neutral POV, this is extremely unlikely. You've got a guy who is under contract and worth at least 2x1st rounders, and Adelaide aren't going to give up the players Richmond would ask for in return.

You get a few ridiculous rumors regarding big name players during the trade period, this is one of them.
Yep and just been confirmed to be false too....RFA next season maybe but just got confirmed on 5aa to be 100% false regarding a trade this season

1. 3/3 Boasting a sizeable post-Danger war chest, I believe Adelaide have tabled a 5 year $6M deal to Martin, blowing the Saints offer away.

13 retweets32 likes

2. AFL Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper Sep 18
    2/3 Well, it had enough substance to warrant the Crows, believing Martin is gettable, to make direct contact with Ralph Carr #AFLTrades

3 retweets9 likes

3. AFL Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper Sep 18
    1/3 I've come under fire for first reporting Dustin Martin's manager toured Moorabbin, linking Dusty with a move to the Saints #AFLTrades

3 retweets6 likes
Anyone wanting to know where the gullible fools at C7 are getting their info from, look no further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's how it's gonna go down:

Pyke: Hey RFC, can we have Dusty pls?
RFC: lol nah
Pyke: Oh :(

Dusty: no, i'm staying here now piss off

rootexpyke.JPG

Riccuto: Damn
Pyke: *
Tex: Wtf WHY?

Can't see him leaving Richmond, the club has really embraced him. All the noise from Adelaide will only act as a catalyst for him to re-signing sooner. Adelaide the perennial final flops, will need to look elsewhere to bolster their midfield.

Slobbo reports that Dusty's manager is in talks Richmond this Friday on renewing his contract. Seems like a busy first week for Balmey:

Dustin Martin’s management set to meet Richmond officials about possible contract extension

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/dd4fb166983b89fa06163df4462eeaec

DUSTIN Martin’s management is expected to meet Richmond on Friday to possibly start talks on a new deal for the All-Australian midfielder. Speculation that several clubs were lining up to offer Martin at least $1 million a year to leave Richmond at the end of the 2017 season was rejected by two clubs on Wednesday. Adelaide, Essendon and St Kilda were linked to Martin, but both Adelaide and St Kilda denied interest.

The Herald Sun initially reported those clubs were lining up to try to tempt Martin from Punt Rd, who becomes a free agent at the end of the 2017 season. Martin is contracted for the 2017 season and it would seem incredulous the Tigers would want to trade out the Jack Dyer medallist this year. More importantly, there is no indication Martin wants out of Punt Rd and it’s possible a contract extension could be in the works.

The Tigers and Martin’s manager Ralph Carr have scheduled a meeting for Friday. A move to extend Martin’s contract in the middle of this season did not eventuate and it’s understood the Tigers postponed those talks. A free agent at the end of 2017, the Tigers will want ensure they sign Martin as soon as possible. The Bombers have been keen on Martin for several years.

Before Martin signed a two-year contract at the start of the 2015 season, the Bombers tabled an offer which would’ve paid Martin significantly more than what Richmod did. Martin, however, chose to remain a Tiger. The Bombers’ interest in Martin has not waned and they once again are a serious bidder for the explosive on-baller.

It’s believed Martin was paid between $600,00 and $650,000 this season and a new deal at Richmond would demand a pay increase. Martin is among the top five chances for this year’s Brownlow Medal and has missed just three games since making his debut in 2010. He has played 153 games in total.

There’s no question Martin loves the Tigers, but the 25-year-old also wants to play in a premiership.

Martin is said to be disappointed at the sacking of his long-time mentor Mark Williams, but gave no indication at the best and fairest count that his future would not be at Richmond. “‘Choco’ (Williams) – you’ve helped take my game to another level and I’m going to miss you around the club,” Martin said.
Martin has had his fair share of off-field issues, but thanked the club, including president Peggy O’Neal and chief executive Brendon Gale, for its support.
“Thanks to Peggy, Brendon and the board for sticking by me,” he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back