Dusty elbowing

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty wouldn't try this if it was Baker, Crowley or Carr.
Alex Witherden is a good honest player and would never retaliate.

N Daicos did do it. Round 10 he punched Acres in the guts and got a fine. You better believe no media personalities were calling for his head.

Please, its been one media personality and it was a drunken rant from Robbo.

If they ever get the tech on those salt batteries right, richmond fans will power the country.

because he is right, throwing an elbow like that should be a week, even moreso when off the ball like Dusty's was.

and, there's the added bonus of richmond campaigners whinging like flogs.
You see why you/Slobbo are being dense right?

You're both calling for Dusty's head, yet absolutely nothing about any other players that have done the exact same thing for the exact same punishment this season...

And technically you're whinging by complaining that he wasn't suspended. We're just calling out the bs arguments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Robbo talks about the action being poor etc. People in this thread are saying it was off the ball.

What about when the Big full forwards throw their arms back to get separation in a marking contest?

If the action is wrong then the forwards should be suspended as well.

If it is OK because the ball is incoming/part of a contest then it means that the action is OK but you need to be close to the ball.

Hell, watch players around the ground during ball ups and you will see this action each and every stoppage.

reading between the lines the Tigers must play the Hawks this week :p:p:p
As I said in another post, I don't mind. We'd probably lose anyway.

My major thing is that I'm sick of seeing players get rubbed out for fraction of a second mistakes or football actions that went a cm wrong - something like Mansell getting 3 weeks for his "bump" or Sicily getting 3 for his dangerous tackle - while dumb, off ball, non-football actions warrant a slight tap on the wrist.

The additional considerations on evaluating "impact" seemingly applied for tackles but nothing else.

Nope.

Was rightfully a fine same as every other identical incident this season.
It might be in line with other similar incidents, but I think what most are trying to say (I certainly am) is that these types of non-football, off ball strikes should be an automatic week.
That's nothing against Dusty. Nothing against Richmond. It's easy enough to grade them appropriately, if they really want to stamp it out, which they pretend they do.

It might be in line with other similar incidents, but I think what most are trying to say (I certainly am) is that these types of non-football, off ball strikes should be an automatic week.
That's nothing against Dusty. Nothing against Richmond. It's easy enough to grade them appropriately, if they really want to stamp it out, which they pretend they do.
That's fine. I actually agree with you. I'd prefer the MRO to crack down on off the ball strikes rather than dangerous tackles.

However, the fact that there's been a bunch of these off the ball strikes; including one from everyone's favourite Nick Daicos against your mob, without any media scrutiny is a tad puzzling. But the moment Dusty does something, there's a Slobbo pushed media outrage. Double-standards much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back