Dusty Hit

Remove this Banner Ad

And that’s one of the things that has come out in this challenge. Every single football act now has the potential to get you sited or reported based on potential to injure.
Is that the game we want to watch or become? Don’t get me wrong, Martin was reckless and deserved suspension, but the way the MRP went about this was farcical (as it turns out).
How can the prosecution argue that the victim not take the stand due to the way the MRP graded the incident? In fact, before any suspension is handed down, wouldn’t they talk to the victim and review medical records etc? It’s just nuts.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Christian lied as he said that part of the reason they graded it medium was from the medical report.....

Christian lied as he said that part of the reason they graded it medium was from the medical report.....
No he didn't.

He said it was one if the factors taken into account.

You insist your really important, but lack the cognitive skills to interpret basic things like that. Frankly it seems unlikely.

It was a bad look.

Coming from behind & Raising an elbow to 'collect' some in the head who was way off the ball & had no reason to expect any contact at all. 1 week was very very lenient by any reading of the incident.

Deliberate, ran from behind, use of an elbow, head contact, way off the play!!!!

Neil Balme saying that Martin was 'unlucky,' was a sick joke & made him look stupid. He'd have been better shutting up or saying Martin will move on & focus his talents on the ball.

Martin is very lucky & needs to be better than that.

Any hits like that need to be punished & taken out of the game.

No he didn't.

He said it was one if the factors taken into account.

You insist your really important, but lack the cognitive skills to interpret basic things like that. Frankly it seems unlikely.
Incorrect. Basic principles suggest that once you list something as part of the reason you came a certain conclusion, you are imparting some significance to its value in coming to that conclusion. If it had no part in it, normally one would not even mention it. This is so obvious, only pseudo intellects like yourself who can't differentiate between your and you're and spell who's as who'se can't grasp its simplicity.

Incorrect. Basic principles suggest that once you list something as part of the reason you came a certain conclusion, you are imparting some significance to its value in coming to that conclusion. If it had no part in it, normally one would not even mention it. This is so obvious, only pseudo intellects like yourself who can't differentiate between your and you're and spell who's as who'se can't grasp its simplicity.
Codswallop.

I do get you would be stressed in your job though, as you claim. If you were foolish enough not to seek a purely manual occupation, I can see it would be a real struggle.

He didn’t get him in the head though. The action certainly was reckless, and i have no issue with a week, however, players shouldn’t be suspended on potential either.
And should Grimes have got more? Cox? Liam Jones? I dunno, but the point remains tonight just highlighted how poor the system is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree the system is pretty poor.

Players should be suspended on the action not the result.

Punching can get a fine but an accidental collision can cost a player weeks.

I don't necessarily have an issue with mMrtin only getting a week, I just don't like how a deliberate off the ball act can be worth the same as an accidental hit in play.

Last edited:
No. They bent the rules for Mitchell for head high and off the ball. He got off. Dusty got a week for a soft hit which caused no pain. That is what it was worth.

It is completely irrelevant that it was a "soft hit", the fact is that he threw an elbow at an opposition player which is in total contravention of the rules.

Everyone in this thread should be taking off their club colours and look at the incident independently and in an unbiased manner.

If the AFL is serious about stamping out head high hits and off the ball sniping then Martin deserved two-weeks for that whack.

I agree the system is pretty poor.

Players should be suspended on the action not the result.

Punching can get a fine but an accidental collision can cost a player weeks.

I don't necessarily have an issue with martin only getting a week, I just don't like how a deliberate off the ball act can be worth the same as an accidental in play action.

I don’t disagree with you. When we were reading the live broadcasts on social media, it was seriously a piss take. We are anything but a professional sport at this point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you’re right, elbowing someone intentionally in the head is a great example for our kids. Well done AFL.
We’ve come a long way, in the past taggers would cope a punch ala Greg Williams style in a pack, these days they get a love clip... Dusty will take his week, learn from it and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is completely irrelevant that it was a "soft hit", the fact is that he threw an elbow at an opposition player which is in total contravention of the rules.

Everyone in this thread should be taking off their club colours and look at the incident independently and in an unbiased manner.

If the AFL is serious about stamping out head high hits and off the ball sniping then Martin deserved two-weeks for that whack.
It's pretty obvious a bit of old school "What happens on the field stays on the field" defence from Kenners introduced enough doubt.

I'm fine with it, but not Tigers supporters making absurd claims he was innocent or that was in any way similar to other incidents.

Last edited:

It is in contravention to the rules, but it was low impact and hence the one week holiday.
I'm not sure what people like you are trying to make this out to be....

Can't believe Christian tried to give Jones a week for standing in front of Reiwoldt while he's not looking where he's running, then only two for Martin throwing elbows at heads off the ball like he's Reece Conca.

It's weak (the AFL tribunal) and opens it all up for further conjecture when it happens to someone else.
I would have been happy with 2 weeks if the MRO was consistent however it changes week to week. When supporters see some incidents get away with a fine and very similar incidents cop weeks it doesn’t sit well.
Fix the MRO and make all incidents consistent across the board.

You didn't already know?
Instead of making smart arse comments like you just did, why don't you contribute to the debate?
I don't see why you think that we are delusional? The tribunal basically agreed on what the majority of Richmond supporters have been saying. He was guilty of a high hit but it was of low impact. He deserved a week and in the end that's exactly what he got. It definitely was not medium impact. The argument that it potentially could have been worse is one of the more ridiculous ones ever put up. Why have a grading system at all if potentially they can all be worse? Then there is look. Where in the rule book does it say that the look of the offence dictates its penalty? Where are the clear definitions of what a good, not so good and bad look actually look like? What about the medical report that they consistently refer to and in this case was eluded to by Christian as helping come to the conclusion that the hit was of medium severity and yet it actually contained no injury or after effect on Kennedy?
I think you will find that it's actually most other supporters that have refused to acknowledge that one week is the correct decision based on prior judgements of similar events. The majority of tiger supporters have not been delusional at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back