Dusty or The Bont

Dusty or The Bont

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it can be boiled down to this:

For H&A: Bontempelli
For finals: Dusty
For overall: Depends on your list. If you have a good list capable of winning the flag, you pick Dusty cos he will get you over the line in big finals and make sure you come away with at least 1 flag. If you have a middling or poor list, you pick Bontempelli cos he will be good every week and elevate you into the finals and possible premiership contention.
Not sure I agree with that, Dusty has been a very good home and away player. Won the Brownlow in 2017 helping elevate his team into the top 4, this is after finishing 3rd in the Brownlow in 2016 with the Tigers missing finals so he performs even when the teams isn’t a contender.

Martin’s best home and away season is better than Bontempelli’s

Not sure I agree with that, Dusty has been a very good home and away player. Won the Brownlow in 2017 helping elevate his team into the top 4, this is after finishing 3rd in the Brownlow in 2016 with the Tigers missing finals so he performs even when the teams isn’t a contender.

Martin’s best home and away season is better than Bontempelli’s
Was thinking the same.
Dusty has put together some great H&A years. Some seem to forget how good he was when Richmond were a middle of the road side.
Bont a gun with some great years ahead but he’s got a long way to go before he enters all time great discussions, a level Dusty now sits comfortably in.

If you're talking right now, and for the rest of their careers, then you'd probably favour Bont.

If you're going to judge it over their careers so far, then it's Dusty.

When they've both retired and we look back over what they've achieved, then Bont has to have an exceptional 3 or 4 years, for it to be a realistic discussion.

One could argue Dusty is on the decline/way done and Bont's best footy is still ahead of him or at least in his prime now.

Don't think there is a doubt he is the best player in footy going around right now, The Bont
The two best players in the competition went head to head in the grand final.

One dragged his team over the line and the other didn't, although both played well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back