Rumour Dusty to Sydney rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has responded to two News Corp reports involving the Tigers that left fans asking several questions.

The first? A report suggesting Dustin Martin would be the target of an overture from Sydney when Lance Franklin’s contract expired at the end of 2022.

“It was a very interesting article, Gerard,” Gale said on 3AW with a chuckle.

“Firstly, Dustin is contracted until 2024.”

The second? A report claiming Richmond had been particularly sensitive about the editing of an upcoming Amazon documentary following the club last season.

“I did read that article and it’s complete rubbish,” Gale said.

Gale said the Tigers could not have been “more co-operative” during the process.

"The Roar Is Back"

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has responded to two News Corp reports involving the Tigers that left fans asking several questions.

The first? A report suggesting Dustin Martin would be the target of an overture from Sydney when Lance Franklin’s contract expired at the end of 2022.

“It was a very interesting article, Gerard,” Gale said on 3AW with a chuckle.

“Firstly, Dustin is contracted until 2024.”

The second? A report claiming Richmond had been particularly sensitive about the editing of an upcoming Amazon documentary following the club last season.

“I did read that article and it’s complete rubbish,” Gale said.

Gale said the Tigers could not have been “more co-operative” during the process.
The greatest part of the interview was when Gerard tried to corner Benny , suggesting Benny will be the next CEO of the AFL and it will be his decision on whether Tassie gets a side in the AFL .
Benny’s response was one of politeness although pointed which insinuated . fu** off Gerard you cock head.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
To make Dusty more money, the AFL should allow him to play AFLW when they have those uneven games.
For example Team A is 6 goals up at 3 quarter time, this triggers the 'Dusty rule' and Dusty comes in and plays the last quarter for the Team B.
It's a win/win.
Dusty could play the last quarter as Team B and still get them over the line.

JazMac

All Australian
Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Where individual AFL players make money is limited. Dusty is known nationally by AFL supporters. So his personal brand would transfer wherever he went. Being at Richmond during our current period of success probably boosts his earning power.
I read somewhere that signings was a big earner for players. Flag contention would maximise that.
Right now, and for long after he retires, Dusty could be earning mega bucks as a feature (keynote) speaker for corporate events. Olympians from last century are still getting such work. Just need a good script written for him that he can easily remember. Intermingle that with vision - career highlights plus some of his NS acceptance speeches (for the laughs). Long time since I was involved in such but he would easily get $25k and could get close to 6 figure per engagement if handled right.
Actually, I just googled and he is already doing that ( Dustin Martin | AFL | International Speakers Group). No need for him to potentially wreck his body playing as his body begins to age (post 2024).

SunshineBoy

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Jan 3, 2012
In Covid Free wilderness
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks
Right now, and for long after he retires, Dusty could be earning mega bucks as a feature (keynote) speaker for corporate events. Olympians from last century are still getting such work. Just need a good script written for him that he can easily remember. Intermingle that with vision - career highlights plus some of his NS acceptance speeches (for the laughs). Long time since I was involved in such but he would easily get $25k and could get close to 6 figure per engagement if handled right.
Actually, I just googled and he is already doing that ( Dustin Martin | AFL | International Speakers Group). No need for him to potentially wreck his body playing as his body begins to age (post 2024).
It’s fantastic. Given how media shy he appeared to be

Vassp

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hmmm, go to Sydney and be in a mediocre team or stay with the tigs who will challenge for another 3 flags? What would you do? .

if he stays he will give hisself a chance to be considered the greatest footballer ever...considering he a another 3 good years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad