Rumour Dusty to Sydney rumour

It’s funny you know that Carrs 7y contract negotiation has actually been a reverse wedgie. Had he accepted our original 5y term , the mind boggles what dustys market value would be in 2022😗

Please, re-word that - bad visual...... ;) :grimacing:

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Ari Gold at it again. Wish our players would sign on sports managers not "entertainment" managers. He's got NFI. Once you're in your thirties it takes one serious injury and you're caput. Dusty's been durable but time catches up with everyone. Would be a crazy risk signing him on till he's a pensioner.

JazMac

All Australian
Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Carr has no real power in deciding what a player wants to do
He just acts on what he is told by them and works to get them the best deal possible on that advice
In the past, I ran an entertainment agency (for over a decade). Carr is predominately an entertainment agent. Believe me, there are many ways that an agent can influence decision made about, made for, and made by the talent. Sometimes, to make things work best for all concerned, it was necessary to colour information given to the talent and that given to the clients in different ways. I am sure that Carr would likewise try to influence his sport talent if he thought it was for the best. Doesn't mean he would succeed - nor does it mean he never has any real influence.

Swans poached Maurice Rioli,I was distraught after that but poaching Dusty would be the last straw,let’s not forget the Lockett fiasco.

A news report by Foxsports,a very pro Sydney sports media service just before the season starts.,* off you khunts!

Develop your own Sydney,stop poaching others!

Cheat club.

In the past, I ran an entertainment agency (for over a decade). Carr is predominately an entertainment agent. Believe me, there are many ways that an agent can influence decision made about, made for, and made by the talent. Sometimes, to make things work best for all concerned, it was necessary to colour information to the talent and to the clients in different ways. I am sure that Carr would likewise try to influence his sport talent if he thought it was for the best. Doesn't mean he would succeed - nor does it mean he never has any real influence.

Bang on

Entertainment industry is stuffed,most music today is shithouse!

I' m probably older than you and still don't agree ;)

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Entertainment industry is stuffed,most music today is shithouse!
its not. i dont like music today. but just cause you dont like it, doesnt mean its s**t.

there was just as much s**t in the 60s, 70s, 80s. the only reason people think music was better back then, is because we only still listen to the good songs from that time.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Four first round draft picks and Isaac Heeney may start a conversation...

its not. i dont like music today. but just cause you dont like it, doesnt mean its sh*t.

there was just as much sh*t in the 60s, 70s, 80s. the only reason people think music was better back then, is because we only still listen to the good songs from that time.
More s**t today though,mountains of it.

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Dusty's initial connection to Sydney that his old man was there? What would be the attraction in going there with now Shane back in NZ?

I know dollars talk, but he's hardly going without them here either. Sounds like complete and utter BS to me?
Also, I get the feeling during the season dusty loves playing in front of the monster crowds at the home of footy.
Post season he usually goes to the states but obviously couldn’t this year so went to Sydney instead.
Honestly if he leaves it’ll be post 2024, and we will probably be rebuilding for our next 3 peat

Dailymail is writing about Martin lol

Post career financial and legacy it's best for Martin to finish his career at Richmond. The Richmond brand will always sell and we have a massive following .

Sydney people don't care about afl

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
If Ralph Carr is saying this, then he may not understand something about AFL. Just because you acquire a star doesn’t mean that you’ll win Premierships like Brady is winning Super Bowls.

A good quarterback is so important to a team’s success in the NFL. That’s why a star quarterback like Tom Brady can go anywhere and win. Although NBA is a team sport as well, you can also afford to rely on a few. That’s why Lebron James can basically go anywhere and make his team win the championship.

AFL teams needs much more than just one good player. It’s why Judd and Gary Ablett (star players) didn’t win anything at Carlton and Gold Coast respectively. Nat Fyfe has made one Grand Final and won no Premierships. Even Buddy has gone without a Premiership at Sydney and this is after he moved across following their Grand Final win (meaning that they were already a good team then). If Dusty wants to win like Brady, then it would either be a long career with a competitive Richmond or him moving to an already successful team or one that just needs one missing piece. Even then there is no guarantees as with Buddy. Sydney right now aren’t there yet and you just don’t know how long they’ll stay down. They may even be on their way down after shooting up by 2025. AFL can be erratic like that sometimes.

I personally think his best shot would be to stay at Richmond because he has so much chemistry with our boys. Not sure he’ll develop that to this level at another club.

GOOD POST ............................... BUT

Should have added Dangerfield cant win flag

Back