Rumour Dusty to Sydney?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Giants member I wouldn’t wanna see it happen, but I could envision them trading Taranto for Dusty.

Seems a good chance Dusty may request a trade

But really not sure on the logistics. How do GWS / Sydney fit him in their cap? & what sort of trade satisfies Richmond? What extra value does Richmond paying part of his contract provide?

As a supporter, if he wants to go I think we should facilitate, but will be filthy if we let him go cheaply, as we did Higgins / Butler

A few more dominoes to fall - would think with a new coach coming into GWS there may be a spill of players looking for new pastures which could shake things up

Last edited:
Seems a good chance Dusty may request a trade

But really not sure on the logistics. How do GWS / Sydney fit him in their cap? & what sort of trade satisfies Richmond? What extra value does Richmond paying part of his contract provide?

As a supporter, if he wants to go I think we should facilitate, but will be filthy if we let him go cheaply, as we did Higgins / Butler

A few more dominoes to fall - would think with a new coach coming into GWS there may be a spill of players looking for new pastures which could shake things up
If he really wants to go I doubt Money will be an issue. He has made his cash. Sydney would be able to squeeze him in with Bud nearing the end.

His wage is $1.3mil.

If RFC can't pull a flag out of the hat this year (I don't think so anyway) then they certainly won't in 2023.

Freeing up cap space like that allows us to offer more money to Bolton to stay, bring in a new A grade player (Green?) and also just lessens the stress of paying Lynch as well.

Given that his contract is so expensive I don't think it would take a 'huge' amount to trade for Dusty. Some of the ideas I've seen (multiple first round picks and players) are very silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see it happen, give me a reason to watch Sydney or GWS games more often.

Legend of Tigerland, I don't think it would taint his time and achievements at RFC.

If it was good enough for Hodge, Mitchell, Birchall, and Lewis to play out their careers elsewhere, why not Martin?

Here's to hoping that old Gil has all the brown paper bags necessary to make it happen :thumbsu:

Legend of Tigerland, I don't think it would taint his time and achievements at RFC.
I'd go one step further and say he'd have an opportunity to really cement his legacy should he go to another club and also win premiership/s, Brownlow/s or Norm Smith/s while playing for another club. The reason being that he could then say it wasn't Hardwick, it wasn't the other Richmond players, it was him. Similar to Tom Brady winning a Superbowl with Tampa Bay and proving it wasn't Belichick that made that New England team great, it was in fact Tom Brady. Dusty will never get the opportunity if he stays at Richmond.

Would love to see it happen, give me a reason to watch Sydney or GWS games more often.

If it was good enough for Hodge, Mitchell, Birchall, and Lewis to play out their careers elsewhere, why not Martin?

Here's to hoping that old Gil has all the brown paper bags necessary to make it happen :thumbsu:
cant agree. dusty moving would be like richo moving. he's part of the fabric and legacy of the club. of course i want him to be happy, but id rather see him retire and us pay him out.

cant agree. dusty moving would be like richo moving. he's part of the fabric and legacy of the club. of course i want him to be happy, but id rather see him retire and us pay him out.

Sounds good for a supporter but how about if Dusty as a person wants to keep playing footy, and he wants a change of environment?

plenty of people would have said the same about players like Buddy, Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell...Sam Mitchell is a big part of why the Eagles won a flag in 2018 and now he's back at Hawthorn.

Do you think his Hawk legacy is anyway tainted?

plenty of people would have said the same about players like Buddy, Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell...Sam Mitchell is a big part of why the Eagles won a flag in 2018 and now he's back at Hawthorn.

Do you think his Hawk legacy is anyway tainted?
buddy has had 10 years at sydney, completely different situation. hodge is borderline, but i would say yes for lewis and definitely yes for mitchell.

in the end when you look at someones career and at the end there is 1-2 years of maybe 15 games a year at another club, i think thats a sad end.

in the end when you look at someones career and at the end there is 1-2 years of maybe 15 games a year at another club, i think thats a sad end.

That’s delusional. How much of a one eyed nuffie do you gotta be to believe that?

Both Lewis and Mitchell added to their legacies with their stints elsewhere.

buddy has had 10 years at sydney, completely different situation. hodge is borderline, but i would say yes for lewis and definitely yes for mitchell.

Couldn't disagree with this anymore. What Lewis, Hodge, and Mitchell added to their new clubs only enhances both their individual legacies, and the legacy of that dynasty Hawthorn side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back