Opinion Duthie returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious St Kilda schoolgirl to release tell-all book, 10 years after releasing nude photos of players
PerthNow
January 17, 2021 3:52PM
The notorious ‘St Kilda schoolgirl’ has confirmed she is writing a tell-all book, more than a decade on from one of the AFL’s biggest scandals.
Kimberley Duthie made headlines across the nation when she leaked nude photos of Saints players and was caught in a hotel room with top AFL player agent Ricky Nixon back in 2010 and 2011.
Kim Duthie has confirmed she’s writing a tell-all book.
Kim Duthie has confirmed she’s writing a tell-all book. Credit: Instagram
Nixon would be stripped of his accreditation by the AFL and his reputation ruined after he was pictured in the teen’s room in just his underpants.
Duthie, reportedly now going by the name Kimberley Ametoglou, was just a teenager when she met St Kilda players at a footy clinic at her school.
She then began dating one of the squad members, Sam Gilbert, in 2010 and later admitted faking a pregnancy to the defender.
Now more than a decade on, the mother-of-one says she is releasing a book as the “last step” in her journey.
“It’s purely so that I can heal and recover from all the trauma and PTSD that I was put through as a child and a teenager 10 years ago,” Duthie tearfully revealed on social media.
“It’s not to create any more controversy or to be thrown into the spotlight for the wrong reason again.
“I’m purely doing this as the last step in my journey so that I can move forward.
“I am a full time mother and businesswoman, I don’t need to be thrown into the spotlight, but people need to be accountable for what happened to me and what I was put through.
“I needed to be me and tell my story.”
Kim Duthie is greeted by police at Sports House, the headquarters of the AFL Players Association in 2011.
Kim Duthie is greeted by police at Sports House, the headquarters of the AFL Players Association in 2011. Credit: JULIAN SMITH/AAPIMAGE
Duthie confirmed she had been locked into a non-disclosure agreement previously, but was now free to share her side of the story.

“I wanted to be able to share what I couldn’t say 10 years ago during many TV interviews,” she said.

“NDA contracts have finally expired now it’s 2021 and it’s my chance to finally close a chapter.

“To be able to use my own words and describe what happened to me, I was a child & victim in many scenarios, though be mindful there is a lot of graphic content warnings and plenty of things I’m not proud of, though I want to be completely transparent & for it to be the truth.”

Kim Duthie, the ‘St Kilda Schoolgirl’, leaves a 2015 court hearing.
Kim Duthie, the ‘St Kilda Schoolgirl’, leaves a 2015 court hearing. Credit: JOE CASTRO/AAPIMAGE
Duthie has largely remained out of the spotlight since the St Kilda scandal broke, appearing in court back in 2015 in a failed bid to stop Nixon’s tell-all book hitting stands.

Duthie, then 22, had obtained a temporary injunction to prevent the book being published as she claimed some sections defamed her and painted her as a “temptress” and “wicked woman”.

But the court allowed Nixon’s book to be published in hard copy.

Just when we‘ve had a few scandal-free years a ghoul steps out of the closet.
Hope she’s given short shrift by the media but knowing the Herald Scum it’s doubtful.

I’m sure I read recently that she was setting up a GoFundMe for her “Stage 4 cancer.”? No mention of that here.

Hope she’s given short shrift by the media but knowing the Herald Scum it’s doubtful.

I’m sure I read recently that she was setting up a GoFundMe for her “Stage 4 cancer.”? No mention of that here.
FoxFooty are already indulging in it.

She shouldn't be getting any air time to start with. But considering her name has been made by slandering Riewoldt, one of their biggest names, you'd think they might sit this one out.

Actually her comments on The Project interview, “I must be a very good liar”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As she’d lied about her pregnancy, I was very sceptical about her cancer story but chose not to say anything.

The way the media indulged her when she committed a crime against Roo and others by stealing and sharing nude photos without their approval (she’s lucky she hadn’t done it in the times we live in now when we are much better educated on the awful crime that is revenge pr0n) is still something that sticks in my craw when it comes to the Australian media.

Our club was thrown under the bus over this when they did nothing wrong. A couple of young players simply chose to get involved with someone around their age suffering a serious mental illness.

Ricky Nixon acted like an absolute grub: that I can acknowledge, but he was not part of our club.

I hope she gets told in no uncertain terms by lawyers involved in our club and Roo that she should be careful what she writes.

Going by the article, in her mind (enabled by her Instagram “supporters”) she has become the victim in all this meaning she will no doubt write stuff that the click-bait media will be only too happy to report on. It’s not a good situation.

I’d be happy if this book never sees the light of day.

yes, that was fake , people gave her money as well.

Is there anyone still at the club that was involved in this mess? I doubt it’ll do anything to our reputation lol. It already took a big enough hit when she became known as the st kilda schoolgirl.
i don't think anyone is left from that mess.

The Grade 4 Cervical Cancer story is an interesting one ........ seems to have made an incredible recovery in such a short space of time

she had claimed it had spread to her kidney and rectum... yet mere months after the gofundme closed she was buying a bunch of expensive goods and then first-class flights to the states. holidays to NSW and abroad.

it appears very very sus

This makes me feel nauseous.

Disappointing that the media are even giving this oxygen seeing as she has been proven to be an attention seeking compulsive liar.

Looks like she has shed a few kgs so assuming this is just a PR stunt to get her some more instagram followers. Can't see anyone going to the effort of downloading this book for free, let alone buying it. If I want to read trash like this I'll sign up for Facebook again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back