Opinion Duthie returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me feel nauseous.

Disappointing that the media are even giving this oxygen seeing as she has been proven to be an attention seeking compulsive liar.

Looks like she has shed a few kgs so assuming this is just a PR stunt to get her some more instagram followers. Can't see anyone going to the effort of downloading this book for free, let alone buying it. If I want to read trash like this I'll sign up for Facebook again.
Lots and lots of people will buy the book just for all the gossip and the salacious reading.
It's just a shame that the media keeps banging on about st Kilda school girl.

As she’d lied about her pregnancy, I was very sceptical about her cancer story but chose not to say anything.

The way the media indulged her when she committed a crime against Roo and others by stealing and sharing nude photos without their approval (she’s lucky she hadn’t done it in the times we live in now when we are much better educated on the awful crime that is revenge pr0n) is still something that sticks in my craw when it comes to the Australian media.

Our club was thrown under the bus over this when they did nothing wrong. A couple of young players simply chose to get involved with someone around their age suffering a serious mental illness.

Ricky Nixon acted like an absolute grub: that I can acknowledge, but he was not part of our club.

I hope she gets told in no uncertain terms by lawyers involved in our club and Roo that she should be careful what she writes.

Going by the article, in her mind (enabled by her Instagram “supporters”) she has become the victim in all this meaning she will no doubt write stuff that the click-bait media will be only too happy to report on. It’s not a good situation.

I’d be happy if this book never sees the light of day.

I donated to her go fund me page for the cancer fight. It would be pretty shitty to get donations if she didn't have it and open her up to fraud convictions. She was the victim of a salacious media more than anything else and she's courting them again. It's hard to feel a lot of sympathy for her but she's obviously a pretty messed up person if she has been lying about being seriously ill.

she had claimed it had spread to her kidney and rectum... yet mere months after the gofundme closed she was buying a bunch of expensive goods and then first-class flights to the states. holidays to NSW and abroad.

it appears very very sus

A few blokes I know went out to see her dancing in Dandenong when she was there and reported that her rectum looked fine.

I donated to her go fund me page for the cancer fight. It would be pretty shitty to get donations if she didn't have it and open her up to fraud convictions. She was the victim of a salacious media more than anything else and she's courting them again. It's hard to feel a lot of sympathy for her but she's obviously a pretty messed up person if she has been lying about being seriously ill.

Like she hasn't lied before about serious issues??

Why the hell would you ever feel sorry for her after the shiteful mess she knowingly caused??

There are many victims in her story so far .............. but she isn't one of them

Surely you could have found a worthier person / cause to give your money to??

Last edited:
Lol, she wouldn't have got the money if it was a hoax. GoFundMe do not openly accept fraudulent/scam fundraisers.

Some of the comments in here are pretty poor to be honest.

Lol, she wouldn't have got the money if it was a hoax. GoFundMe do not openly accept fraudulent/scam fundraisers.

I don’t think the comments in here are poor at all. People like Belle Gibson started a multi-million dollar business based on a fake-cancer story.

The person we are talking about in this thread has a track record of making pretty major things up to get attention and sympathy.

Unfortunately, we live in a time where people get rewarded with attention from the media and followers on social media when they have a story that gets a lot of clicks. Journalists don’t do their due diligence any more.

Frankly, given the individual’s track record, I’m more shocked that anyone believes a thing that comes out of her mouth.

Like she hasn't lied before about serious issues??

Why the hell would you ever feel sorry for her after the shiteful mess she knowingly caused??

There are many victims in her story so far .............. but she isn't one of them

Surely you could have found a worthier person / cause to give your money to??

She did some repetitional damage to a football club, if she was seriously ill with a young kid I feel sorry for her regardless of what she's done. In hindsight I look like a sucker but if she's willing to drop to those measures she's obviously pretty messed up.

I hope so, she's someone's daughter at the end of the day no matter what she does. Go Fund Me can be scammed especially if it's set up by a relative or friend which that was from memory. Hopefully she's just beaten the disease and back to causing trouble though. She should get together with the burned dwarf and see if they can get a bit more content, I doubt anyone apart from us fans care to be honest.

George, not knowing much about the inner workings of GoFundMe, do you know if they actually need evidence from doctors to set the page up or to pay the cash out?

I think it's okay for people to question the morals of someone who has shown to be a liar for her own gain in the past. Dragged our club through the mud in the media all because Sam Gilbert went on a few dates with her? She stole property from his laptop and shared it with the media without consent. As NarklesHelmet mentioned, she would be facing revenge pr0n charges and looking at jail time if she did that today.

The Nixon stuff is fkd but that's nothing to do with our club, just that he is a complete grub of a bloke.

So she wants to write a book for nothing more than to make herself feel better. I'm assuming any profits will be going to charity then.
Maybe to victims of revenge pr0n or to a support group for those unfortunate enough to have slept with Ricky Nixon.

You think gofundme would check her diagnosis to make sure its legit?

Worth noting all trace of the gofundme account is gone.

I hope so, she's someone's daughter at the end of the day no matter what she does. Go Fund Me can be scammed especially if it's set up by a relative or friend which that was from memory. Hopefully she's just beaten the disease and back to causing trouble though. She should get together with the burned dwarf and see if they can get a bit more content, I doubt anyone apart from us fans care to be honest.

Donate your money to a cancer research fund. More good will be done for more people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think the comments in here are poor at all. People like Belle Gibson started a multi-million dollar business based on a fake-cancer story.

The person we are talking about in this thread has a track record of making pretty major things up to get attention and sympathy.

Unfortunately, we live in a time where people get rewarded with attention from the media and followers on social media when they have a story that gets a lot of clicks. Journalists don’t do their due diligence any more.

Frankly, given the individual’s track record, I’m more shocked that anyone believes a thing that comes out of her mouth.
Well no, some of the comments in here are poor. I agree she shouldn't be opening up old wounds and yes she is an attention seeker, also has lied in the past. But the comments about her not having cancer are unfounded and if people had a look it's pretty obvious that she is/was very sick. Does everyone just have this POV because it's our club?

Less than 1% of all GFM campaigns are fraudulent. Statistically, the odds are in favour of it not being a scam. Aside from that, if you had a look at some of the stuff she posted when she was going through it, it's quite clear she was sick.

George, not knowing much about the inner workings of GoFundMe, do you know if they actually need evidence from doctors to set the page up or to pay the cash out?

I think it's okay for people to question the morals of someone who has shown to be a liar for her own gain in the past. Dragged our club through the mud in the media all because Sam Gilbert went on a few dates with her? She stole property from his laptop and shared it with the media without consent. As

NarklesHelmet mentioned, she would be facing revenge pr0n charges and looking at jail time if she did that today.

The Nixon stuff is fkd but that's nothing to do with our club, just that he is a complete grub of a bloke.

So she wants to write a book for nothing more than to make herself feel better. I'm assuming any profits will be going to charity then.
Maybe to victims of revenge pr0n or to a support group for those unfortunate enough to have slept with Ricky Nixon.
You need to provide personal information and identification so the website can link your information and verify it's you. Less than 1% of GFM campaigns are fraudulent. It would be a common sense approach to assume that an online fundraising website has fraud at the forefront of how they protect people. I don't really care what others think about her, I don't care for her too much myself. But to say she's lying about having cancer...all the evidence so far actually says the complete opposite...not to mention it's a pretty poor thing to accuse someone of. We can defend the players and club on the issues that they are involved in. I don't see why we also have to question the validity of her having cancer. It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

I just had a quick look George , it appears GoFundMe dont really give a rats toss bag if the funds are for a real fund or just some rip off.
I couldn't see anything about them verifying anything , after all a doctor is not going to give your details out

I just had a quick look George , it appears GoFundMe dont really give a rats toss bag if the funds are for a real fund or just some rip off.
I couldn't see anything about them verifying anything , after all a doctor is not going to give your details out
Here you go

s**t, it was even less than 1%.

Here you go

sh*t, it was even less than 1%.
Thanks , i still don't know how they can really check up on people , they would not have access to police or doctor s reports , anywho

Thanks , i still don't know how they can really check up on people , they would not have access to police or doctor s reports , anywho
I just think it's a s**t thing for people to question it.

It doesn't even involve the club, not sure why it was brought up.

I just think it's a sh*t thing for people to question it.

Im not questioning her , i was just more interested in how its policed , anyway all good

I'm a doctor and I'm happy to support you in a Go Fund You To Get To the Bar Campaign ;)

Well no, some of the comments in here are poor. I agree she shouldn't be opening up old wounds and yes she is an attention seeker, also has lied in the past. But the comments about her not having cancer are unfounded and if people had a look it's pretty obvious that she is/was very sick. Does everyone just have this POV because it's our club?

Less than 1% of all GFM campaigns are fraudulent. Statistically, the odds are in favour of it not being a scam. Aside from that, if you had a look at some of the stuff she posted when she was going through it, it's quite clear she was sick.

You need to provide personal information and identification so the website can link your information and verify it's you. Less than 1% of GFM campaigns are fraudulent. It would be a common sense approach to assume that an online fundraising website has fraud at the forefront of how they protect people. I don't really care what others think about her, I don't care for her too much myself. But to say she's lying about having cancer...all the evidence so far actually says the complete opposite...not to mention it's a pretty poor thing to accuse someone of. We can defend the players and club on the issues that they are involved in. I don't see why we also have to question the validity of her having cancer. It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Well said. And let’s not forget her age when this all went down. It’s easy to say she should know better, but look at the people in her life back then.. A coke snornting Ricky Nixon is the last person that should be hanging around a teenage girl. Personally, I’m glad she exposed him as the pest he was.
It was kinda fun to see her have the AFL by the balls for a while. If I remember correctly they paid her rent for 6 months too.

Last edited:
I just think it's a sh*t thing for people to question it.

Whats the saying .... there is a sucker born every minute?

How many GFM campaigns have been fraudlent and never been caught out?

She claims she has Stage 4 cervical cancer spread to the kidneys and rectum and underwent intensive chemo yet the there is no evidence she ever did or didnt ....just her word which has been decidedly dodgy and been found out to be deceitful many times before

If you want to believe her and feel sorry for her then go for it but to ask for money when she is openly displaying and bragging about her lavish lifestyle and thriving business/es (first class flights for her and her son to NY - pictures surrounded by expensive fashion accessories - copious amounts of plastic surgery treatments) ...... well I am sorry but I am gunna question everything that comes from her well known fraudulent mouth

well I am sorry but I am gunna question everything that comes from her well known fraudulent mouth
That's fine I just think it's a s**t thing to do. Doesn't have a thing to do with what happened at our club a decade ago, not sure why it has even been brought up. Are we just character assassinating her because we want to vehemently defend our football club? That just seems odd to me. Barely anyone here knows the players on such a level to defend them to the extent that you question her having cancer as another way to discredit her. Not sure about what others think but that's pretty low I would've thought.

If you've seen pictures of her from back then it looks pretty clear that she was sick.

But to say she's lying about having cancer...all the evidence so far actually says the complete opposite...not to mention it's a pretty poor thing to accuse someone of.
Where's all this evidence George?

Her word? Which is known to be fradulent

She might have had Stage 1 changes and had a cone biopsy for all we know

There would be plenty of dodgy GFM campaigns set up - some get caught ..... plenty probably dont

Joffa Burns on Saintsational said he donated generously to her GFM because he knows her family very well but without knowing whether her diagnosis was true - apparently to this day he hasnt even received a simple thank you and they know who donates as the info is clear on who donates

Plenty of more worthy causes to donate to than a well known serial liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back