Opinion Duthie returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's all this evidence George?

Her word? Which is known to be fradulent

She might have had Stage 1 changes and had a cone biopsy for all we know

There would be plenty of dodgy GFM campaigns set up - some get caught ..... plenty probably dont

Joffa Burns on Saintsational said he donated generously to her GFM because he knows her family very well but without knowing whether her diagnosis was true - apparently to this day he hasnt even received a simple thank you and they know who donates as the info is clear on who donates

Plenty of more worthy causes to donate to than a well known serial liar
Who cares if she did or didn't? What does her cancer story have to do with anything? Again - is this all just another way to discredit her because we want to blindly defend our club?

If you've seen pictures of her from back then it looks pretty clear that she was sick.
What pictures? There is one online of her in a hospital bed and that could be for anything

Anyone has the right to question anyone in this world ...... especially when they have their hand out and especially when they are known serial liar

And just because they have claim they have cancer doesnt mean I cant question them

Deceitful people feed of this knowing that people will be afraid to question them knowing that the subject is cancer ...... their are plenty of known cases of people lying about cancer to gain financial benefit and probably many more that have never been found out because of the perceived sensitivity of the subject matter

Gringo is a much nicer guy than me.

933 Australian Women were diagnosed with Cervical cancer during 2020.
Without examining them case by case , Kimberly ( who normally flies first class from the USA according to her tweets ) would probably be between 931 and 933 in my list of people deserving of my charity.
It seems she has a wealthy husband, and a family.

I only know of her from her questionable activities a decade ago and that "celebrity" profile doesn't boost her above 932 others IMO.

Apparently taken "AFTER " her gofundme .

Attachments

• 1611035268125.png
    1611035268125.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 532
Who cares if she did or didn't? What does her cancer story have to do with anything? Again - is this all just another way to discredit her because we want to blindly defend our club?
So are you saying she wasnt deceitful in her dealings with players from our club and the media?

I think you seriously underestimate the damage she did to the club which was practically torn and fell apart by her shocking and dishonest actions ...... it has taken us years to recover from that shitful moment in time

Anyway apparently she is going to tell her story in her book ....... which I assume will include the St Kilda lies and her cancer story ..... all delightfully rolled into one portraying her as an unfortunate victim ...... what did she say "I want to tell my truth" ..... as long as I make money out of it of course ...... well boofknhoo

It’s not about defending the club, it’s more a case of once bitten, twice shy.
She caused a lot of angst to player and club many years ago and now she’s rehashing it. We are right to be wary of what she is going to say and the veracity of it, based on her history of fiddling with the truth.

Her cancer- does she/ doesn’t she, does not interest me, but due to the fact that she has been known to be less than truthful in the past, it is quite easy to see why some may not believe her.

What pictures? There is one online of her in a hospital bed and that could be for anything

Anyone has the right to question anyone in this world ...... especially when they have their hand out and especially when they are known serial liar

And just because they have claim they have cancer doesnt mean I cant question them

Deceitful people feed of this knowing that people will be afraid to question them knowing that the subject is cancer ...... their are plenty of known cases of people lying about cancer to gain financial benefit and probably many more that have never been found out because of the perceived sensitivity of the subject matter
She posted heaps of them on her IG during the time that it was happening. If you didn't know that or didn't see them why make comment?

So are you saying she wasnt deceitful in her dealings with players from our club and the media?
Have you bothered to read any of my previous posts?

I think you seriously underestimate the damage she did to the club which was practically torn and fell apart by her shocking and dishonest actions ...... it has taken us years to recover from that shitful moment in time
It's a football club.

It’s not about defending the club, it’s more a case of once bitten, twice shy.
She caused a lot of angst to player and club many years ago and now she’s rehashing it. We are right to be wary of what she is going to say and the veracity of it, based on her history of fiddling with the truth.

Her cancer- does she/ doesn’t she, does not interest me, but due to the fact that she has been known to be less than truthful in the past, it is quite easy to see why some may not believe her.
Completely agree with the first part of your post and don't see the need to bring up her cancer as another way to discredit her. It's a s**t thing to do, IMO. I think she's said enough stupid s**t to have her opinion discredited enough. I don't think there's any need to question something like cancer. We have enough dirt on her without that.

Which I and most of us here have a vested interest in and donate our hard earnt to
I guess that is more than enough reason to stoop to such a level as to question if someone has cancer or not, haha. Bizarre.

I guess that is more than enough reason to stoop to such a level as to question if someone has cancer or not, haha. Bizarre.
Again whats the problem in questioning someone who is claiming cancer ........ is it that they 100% should be believed because its cancer because no one would lie about something so grave ....... except of course the myriad of people who have been caught out doing this exact thing

Ametoglou has a history of being lying and deceitful ....... you would be an absolute idiot not to question anything that she claimed let alone giving her money ...... indeed bizarre!!

Again whats the problem in questioning someone who is claiming cancer ........ is it that they 100% should be believed because its cancer because no one would lie about something so grave ....... except of course the myriad of people who have been caught out doing this exact thing

Ametoglou has a history of being lying and deceitful ....... you would be an absolute idiot not to question anything that she claimed let alone giving her money ...... indeed bizarre!!
I don't know what it has to do with our football club.

Questioning if she has cancer or not is just a pretty s**t thing to do in general regardless if she's lied in the past.

Questioning if she has cancer or not is just a pretty sh*t thing to do in general regardless if she's lied in the past.

That's what many duplicitous people are relying on you NOT to do!

If she indeed does have/had stage 4 Cervical Cancer then best of luck with her recovery ........ unfortunately Jayde Goody (UK most hated Celeb) didn't survive this aggressive & normally fatal disease even with an early diagnosis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what many duplicitous people are relying on you NOT to do!

If she indeed does have/had stage 4 Cervical Cancer then best of luck with her recovery ........ unfortunately Jayde Goody (UK most hated Celeb) didn't survive this aggressive & normally fatal disease even with an early diagnosis.
I don't really care for Kim either way, she has lied in the past yes but I just think it's a s**t thing for someone to question something like that. Especially when you've got no idea.

I don't really care for Kim either way, she has lied in the past yes but I just think it's a sh*t thing for someone to question something like that. Especially when you've got no idea.
Surely that's when you do question something ....... to get answers rather than just blindly believing ....... especially when said person who is doing the claiming is a known serial liar

Do you believe everything you hear or what people tell you ....... have you ever questioned anyone about anything?

Surely that's when you do question something ....... to get answers rather than just blindly believing ....... especially when said person who is doing the claiming is a known serial liar

Do you believe everything you hear or what people tell you ....... have you ever questioned anyone about anything?
I don't really care much to have an opinion of her situation either way I just think what you are doing is pretty low and just s**t in general.

As for your second bit, bit of an overreaction don't you think. Because I think you questioning a cancer patient of their illness is a s**t thing to do, doesn't mean I believe everything I hear. In fact I question most things but clearly our morals are different - I draw a line at things like this, you don't. You think it's fine to ask the question, I don't and I think you should keep it to yourself.

GFM dont check for diagnosis proof

spot on. how many people falsely claim to have cancer, i'd say it'd be less than 1%. very very rare but so is GFM identified cases of fraud.

both do happen though.

i have a personal story about this kind of fraud, but i'll leave it at that. let's just say because no one questioned it, 3 people and the federal government were defrauded of significant $$$ and emotional impact on the families involved. was the first person brave enough to question things that didn't add up, suddenly a s**t person? i mean what a dog act right...

i guess GFM are also s**t people, given they have a process to investigate this very thing.

Very few people left at the club for this to affect (and no players).

I think it will be in and out of the news cycle pretty quickly.
no it will affect the club because the media keep saying stkilda school girl. the whole thing may be re hashed. even though it was 10 years ago. never mind the fact that it might affect the families of Dal Santo, Reiwoldt etc

I don't really care much to have an opinion of her situation either way I just think what you are doing is pretty low and just sh*t in general.

As for your second bit, bit of an overreaction don't you think. Because I think you questioning a cancer patient of their illness is a sh*t thing to do, doesn't mean I believe everything I hear. In fact I question most things but clearly our morals are different - I draw a line at things like this, you don't. You think it's fine to ask the question, I don't and I think you should keep it to yourself.

Yet you are happy to call me a crap bloke for having the temerity to question the claims of a known serial liar.

Last time I checked questioning claims of known serial liars is pretty normal behavior for most people

Anyway apologies for not being that stupid and also for being morally imperfect in your morally perfect eyes.

I will make sure I do better next time and be more sensitive to the claims of dubious, attention seeking, serial lying fraudsters :thumbsu:

Yet you are happy to call me a crap bloke for having the temerity to question the claims of a known serial liar.

Last time I checked questioning claims of known serial liars is pretty normal behavior for most people

Anyway apologies for not being that stupid and also for being morally imperfect in your morally perfect eyes.

I will make sure I do better next time and be more sensitive to the claims of dubious, attention seeking, serial lying fraudsters :thumbsu:

i think this is important, if the person in question hadn't be found out to have lied so seriously, involving theft and distribution of private images (something that is now illegal thanks to new laws), causing immense distress to a number of families then i doubt anyone would be sceptical of the intent here

i won't get into some of the claims made to people completely unrelated to the initial saga, but to say they were horrendous is probably an understatement

but because of the history of the person involved, people will always raise question marks on the validity of claims. that's just how the world works, it doesn't make anyone a s**t person. if someone is willing to cross that initial line in such a bad way, then people will always question things

tbh i'm still amazed to this day that:
A) no charges were laid,
B) defamation proceedings were not undertaken.

Last edited:
Questioning Duthie’s claims of cancer =/= claiming she’s lying. There’s a massive gap between the two and conflating them, morally, is drawing a massive bow.

One can easily argue that *failing* to question a known major liar on this would be the morally irresponsible thing to do, as you’re detracting from the ordeal that true sufferers go through.

Calling her a liar without proof is wrong, but lambasting someone for seeking intellectual honesty in this discussion is worse.

Questioning Duthie’s claims of cancer =/= claiming she’s lying. There’s a massive gap between the two and conflating them, morally, is drawing a massive bow.

One can easily argue that *failing* to question a known major liar on this would be the morally irresponsible thing to do, as you’re detracting from the ordeal that true sufferers go through.

Calling her a liar without proof is wrong, but lambasting someone for seeking intellectual honesty in this discussion is worse.

well said

You have a young family, been seriously ill and you want to drag up all this old forgotten rubbish, why?

There's only one real answer.
Feel pity for her.

from the herald sun.com.au

'Ricky Nixon has taken a veiled swipe at Kimberley Duthie, formerly the ‘St Kilda schoolgirl’, who is writing a tell-all book about her life.

Duthie, now Kimberley Ametoglou, made headlines in 2010 and 2011 after leaking nude photos of St Kilda players and being caught in a hotel room with player manager Nixon.

Ametoglou says she has been overwhelmed by support for her journey to heal and recover, and to “share my truth”.

Nixon posted on social media, captioning a picture with his fiancee Melissa Huynh: “Thinking of writing a BOOK on how happy I am with all money going to Kids with Cancer. At least I know what’s WRITE from PONG.”

Nixon started charity Kicking for Cancer in 2019 and holds a charity football match every year with ex and current AFL players to raise money for kids with cancer.y.

Ametoglou, who is based in Queensland with her three year-old son, said on social media: “This is one of the most challenging things I have ever done, reminiscing on past traumas and a time in my life that I was at absolute rock bottom.

“I wanted to be able to share what I couldn’t say 10 years ago during many TV interviews.

“NDA contracts have finally expired now it’s 2021 and it’s my chance to finally close a chapter.”

She added: “This will be a factual version of events vs a former fictional soap opera.”

Ametoglou, who runs an eyelash salon, last year revealed she was battling cervical cancer and said next week she is undergoing a full hysterectomy after going through chemotherapy.

On Monday she posted that she was accepting media requests and would consider all bids and offers for rights and interviews ahead of her autobiography release.

In a question and answer on her Instagram, Ametoglou wrote: “Obviously I wish I hadn’t gone through all of the horrible things I have, but I’m also so grateful for what they’ve taught me. It’s taught me strength, courage, determination, passion and hard work.

“It’s taken me 10 years to rebuild a new life and I believe my business and success comes down to the hardships I was put through. Working an 80 hour week every week doesn’t seem so bad when you’ve been to hell and back. So for that, I am thankful and the people I’ve met along the way have shaped me to be who I am today.

“Brave, fearless and a role model to my beautiful son. I’m happy to have braved a storm … so that he can see the rainbow.”

She said her Instagram family had helped her through dark times."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back