Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
Yet you are happy to call me a crap bloke for having the temerity to question the claims of a known serial liar.

Last time I checked questioning claims of known serial liars is pretty normal behavior for most people

Anyway apologies for not being that stupid and also for being morally imperfect in your morally perfect eyes.

I will make sure I do better next time and be more sensitive to the claims of dubious, attention seeking, serial lying fraudsters :thumbsu:
Didn't say you were a crap bloke at all haha. I don't know you. Again, just think it's a s**t thing to do.

Fair enough to question her about the things our club was involved in at the time. What's her cancer got to do with anything, though? You just want to stick the boot in because you want to defend a football club and group of players you don't know. That is what is bizarre. Bringing up moments in her life that have nothing to do with St.Kilda.

Questioning Duthie’s claims of cancer =/= claiming she’s lying. There’s a massive gap between the two and conflating them, morally, is drawing a massive bow.

One can easily argue that *failing* to question a known major liar on this would be the morally irresponsible thing to do, as you’re detracting from the ordeal that true sufferers go through.

Calling her a liar without proof is wrong, but lambasting someone for seeking intellectual honesty in this discussion is worse.
There is proof she has lied in the past, though. I don't see what her cancer has to do with anything and again anyone questioning her about something like that in my opinion should keep it to themselves. And, to me, you want to question something like that it's pretty poor and not sure why anyone would want to stoop to that kind of level.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Didn't say you were a crap bloke at all haha. I don't know you. Again, just think it's a sh*t thing to do.

Fair enough to question her about the things our club was involved in at the time. What's her cancer got to do with anything, though? You just want to stick the boot in because you want to defend a football club and group of players you don't know. That is what is bizarre. Bringing up moments in her life that have nothing to do with St.Kilda.

There is proof she has lied in the past, though. I don't see what her cancer has to do with anything and again anyone questioning her about something like that in my opinion should keep it to themselves. And, to me, you want to question something like that it's pretty poor and not sure why anyone would want to stoop to that kind of level.
Am I missing something with this?

If someone like Belle Gibson or Kim Duthie - individuals with a history of lying about serious health-related issues in the past for their own benefit - come out and say they are sick, why wouldn’t they be questioned?

It doesn’t make anyone a bad person for questioning it, nor is it a crap thing to do. It’s completely rational.

I mean, even Aesop wrote a fable about this exact thing in “The Boy who cried Wolf”... nothing to do with our football club, just a known compulsive liar should be treated skeptically that’s all.

Last edited:

Am I missing something with this?

If someone like Belle Gibson or Kim Duthie - individuals with a history of lying about serious health-related issues in the past for their own benefit - come out and say they are sick, why wouldn’t they be questioned?

It doesn’t make anyone a bad person for question it, nor is it a crap thing to do. It’s completely rational.

I mean, even Aesop wrote a fable about this exact thing in “The Boy who cried Wolf”... nothing to do with our football club, just a known compulsive liar should be treated skeptically that’s all.
Just a difference of opinion then.

Donate your money to a cancer research fund. More good will be done for more people.

In hindsight it sounds smarter. If you have cancer the costs are huge and if you can't work etc it's pretty tough. Charities tend to eat up a lot of administration costs and big research facilities are fairly well funded by government. I have no issue giving it to legitimate people in need. She's a dickhead if she scammed people because she's made more people cynical about donating next time to someone who really could do with a hand.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
In hindsight it sounds smarter. If you have cancer the costs are huge and if you can't work etc it's pretty tough. Charities tend to eat up a lot of administration costs and big research facilities are fairly well funded by government. I have no issue giving it to legitimate people in need. She's a dickhead if she scammed people because she's made more people cynical about donating next time to someone who really could do with a hand.

I had a mate work at the Red Cross in IT for a couple of years and he couldn't believe how much money they were pissing away on inept contractors - it really left him feeling disheartened and thinking twice about how he donates any cash now.

Deloitte were in there doing some IT Transformation, charging a s**t load of money and not really delivering much, had a guy who basically took an existing strategy document, made some minor cosmetic changes to make it look a bit neater but no changes to the substance, he changed the name on it to his and there's 3 months of work right there. 65 days at well over $1000 per day. That was just one guy, they had a whole team in there for ages.

Meanwhile in the British Press. ( as expected i suppose ).

No Kim did NOT meet the players at a School clinic. This was revealed as incorrect very early in the piece. She met 2 players in a nightclub in Sydney.
No She did not release nudes of herself with players.
I don't believe that she was "secretly" dating the player involved.

Apparently she met her current partner, the strip club/illegal brothel owner, 10 years ago. Hard to say that was a step upward from Nixon.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just think it's a sh*t thing for people to question it.

It doesn't even involve the club, not sure why it was brought up.
So 1% of GFMs are fraudulent. I expect she is part of the 1%. Less than that spend half their life in the media scrounging up profits off of ruining the lives of several footballers with grandiose, hyperbolic accusations and she did that too. Seems she's a real odds beater to me.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
She posted heaps of them on her IG during the time that it was happening. If you didn't know that or didn't see them why make comment?

Have you bothered to read any of my previous posts?

It's a football club.

Completely agree with the first part of your post and don't see the need to bring up her cancer as another way to discredit her. It's a sh*t thing to do, IMO. I think she's said enough stupid sh*t to have her opinion discredited enough. I don't think there's any need to question something like cancer. We have enough dirt on her without that.
People fake insta posts all the time. That's the beauty of photography. It wouldn't be hard for someone with as much money as she has now or had back then to rent what she needs to take convincing photos. Furthermore, healthcare in Australia is free, what does she need a massive gofundme for that any other random and less wealthy Australian canver patient doesn't? Finally, as others have said, she's made an astonishingly miraculous recovery from cervical cancer that had spread to kidneys and rectum. We're just pointing out that it doesn't add up and suggesting her history of lying for gain further discredits her story.

People fake insta posts all the time. That's the beauty of photography. It wouldn't be hard for someone with as much money as she has now or had back then to rent what she needs to take convincing photos. Furthermore, healthcare in Australia is free, what does she need a massive gofundme for that any other random and less wealthy Australian canver patient doesn't? Finally, as others have said, she's made an astonishingly miraculous recovery from cervical cancer that had spread to kidneys and rectum. We're just pointing out that it doesn't add up and suggesting her history of lying for gain further discredits her story.
They were videos.

worth noting some of IV photos/videos were of a therapeutic "gene" type treatment. there's a number of cosmetic clinics that offer those type of treatments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right so that must mean they're true. Does that make every movie in existance true too? Sorry I just don't think "she put it on her ig" is a particularly compelling argument for the veracity of her claims she has cancer. Especially with her history.
I don't think you have a very compelling argument either. You really are saying she faked videos? Comparing some girls IG videos to proper film production. Lmao.

“This is one of the most challenging things I have ever done, reminiscing on past traumas and a time in my life that I was at absolute rock bottom.”

I don’t think she knows what reminiscing means...

I don't think she knows what rock bottom is either, she still has hair on her head and could probably eat solid food during it.

I wonder how the sales will actually go. I don't think it's going to be that big of an issue for the club now, barely anyone is still around from that time.

I'm also interested to see if any of our players respond, namely Riewoldt & Dal Santo. Or if they pursue defamation in court (Personally I'd be taking it to court 100%). Her lawyers must be all over what she can and can't write. Perhaps if she doesn't specifically name anyone then they can't sue. Who knows.

I wonder how the sales will actually go. I don't think it's going to be that big of an issue for the club now, barely anyone is still around from that time.

I'm also interested to see if any of our players respond, namely Riewoldt & Dal Santo. Or if they pursue defamation in court (Personally I'd be taking it to court 100%). Her lawyers must be all over what she can and can't write. Perhaps if she doesn't specifically name anyone then they can't sue. Who knows.

I'd be surprised if this hits shelves and they have not at least been contacted prior to.

In no universe do you write a book where there's soemthing like "and these people were naked and I showed the world" and not have a plethora of potential s**t covered fans or boats with no things to row with.

I'd be surprised if this hits shelves and they have not at least been contacted prior to.

In no universe do you write a book where there's soemthing like "and these people were naked and I showed the world" and not have a plethora of potential sh*t covered fans or boats with no things to row with.
No idea who would actually buy it, she's only relevant because of other people. There's a million things I'd give a s**t more about than this, surprised she actually has that big of an ego to think anyone in their right mind wants to read about her life. Something that happened 10 years ago and I'd say only the football community would still remember. I guess it's just more of the attention seeking that she's always been after.

Since she committed the act there are new laws in place that address the posting of intimate pictures of people without their consent. I guess its unlikely that they can be enforced after the act.
But there could still be a case against her.
Her claim that it was payback for the way she was treated is insane.
The victims of her act were not those who slighted her.

Since she committed the act there are new laws in place that address the posting of intimate pictures of people without their consent. I guess its unlikely that they can be enforced after the act.
But there could still be a case against her.
Her claim that it was payback for the way she was treated is insane.
The victims of her act were not those who slighted her.
No I'm not talking about anything prior I'm saying if she comes out with some bullshit about Riewoldt, Dal Santo, or other people in her book. There would surely be a case for defamation if the people involved wanted to pursue it, surely. Then the question is if they don't pursue it it could be for two reasons - one is that they just can't be bothered, the other would be because it's true. Depends what she says really. I won't be reading it but interested to see if there's anything that comes of it.

No I'm not talking about anything prior I'm saying if she comes out with some bullshit about Riewoldt, Dal Santo, or other people in her book. There would surely be a case for defamation if the people involved wanted to pursue it, surely. Then the question is if they don't pursue it it could be for two reasons - one is that they just can't be bothered, the other would be because it's true. Depends what she says really. I won't be reading it but interested to see if there's anything that comes of it.

tbh i'm surprised she wasnt taken to court last time given some of her bullshit claims. i'm not going to repeat them. but it was far worse than just accusing sam and armitage of something.

she alleged crimes had occurred on various forms of social media back then, and used stolen photos as some kind of proof until people realised those photos couldnt have possibly been taken in melbourne where she alleged the crimes occurred.

look i can get why in her ****ed up mind she would try and flame Gilbert or Armitage. i disagree with it and think what she did is seriously poor, including the pregnancy stuff.

but going after completely innocent people (who had nothing to do with the whole saga) and the accusations she made against them that were blatantly not true and very serious, that's just seriously seriously bad. it was enough to seriously destroy peoples lives and it makes a mockery out of those who have been through what she alleged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back