Duty Free Shopping

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you conservative in your approach when it comes to Duty Free Shopping? Or are you the type that just buys everything and anything? I have noticed though that the prices are slightly higher at the Airport Duty Free Shops so I always get my items for the city or suburban Duty Free Shops.

My Duty Free Basket looked like this last time I went away;

* Perfumes
* Cigarettes
* Video Camera
* Watch
* Handbag
* Film for Camera
* 1 bottle of Southern Comfort

As I or the good Kiwi wife are hopping over to NZ regularly, we usually just buy bottles of p iss, but around Xmas we usually have look around for some cheap wine deals as presents, or watches, sunnies that kind of thing.

Never bought anything major duty free.

Duty free shopping in Australia is pretty ordinary since the introduction of GST (or more specifically, the abolition of a whole heap of other taxes that occurred when GST was introduced). The savings just aren't that great on most items, although cigarettes and alcohol are still reasonably cheap.

I tend to load up before I re-enter Australia on aftershave and souvenirs for family friends, as well as a bottle of cheap booze - not that I even particularly drink much spirits, but I feel guilty if I don't take advantage of the opportunity to buy a litre of vodka for $15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back