Up the Coasters DVD & Victory Pack..

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Just picked up my full season pack even though, like FatPizza, I have the digital versions in 720p.
Got it at JB Hi Fi for $85. The Blu Ray version of the grand final is excellent.
Although I would've have complained had they released it in UHD. Too much to hope for yet though.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching now with 3aw. Tim Lane ok, other guy a bit drab.
Opinion could change if either do a Ling and start barracking for Collingwood

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Bought the victory pack the other day. So far watched the QF & PF. They’ve got a tiny bit of pre game stuff, and then some on ground interviews after the game, sing the song, and that’s it. Would’ve liked them to include maybe the coaches press conferences from after the game. First time I’d rewatched those 2 finals. The QF had so much Collingwood barracking from all of the commentators, and they seemed genuinely down that we won. Feel like the prelim they were all about Melbourne’s mistakes, but for the second half were talking us up a lot and giving us some credit. Was a little surprising to be honest, vicco bias and all ;)

Haven’t watched the GF or highlights disc yet. Hoping the GF has the alternate commentary. Will find out tonight I guess.

Been good to watch considering the cricket has been so s**t.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
GF should have the alt commentary. It's only the rushed out initial DVD that doesn't have it.

Commentary has been appalling. The Bulldogs/Richmond flags have made them all reveal their true colours, not that they could contain their bias before, but it's clear how addictive "Vic club miracles" have become for 99% of the media.

HawkerHurricane

Inaugural Mt. Barker Eagle, Current Bunbury Shark
Oct 12, 2017
Bunbury, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
how glorious! Victory pack says it comes with a Premiership Poster, has anyone got any more info about it? I've got the Mark Knight poster, so that makes the Blu-Ray a no brainer really

WCE.PNG

Last edited:

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
My Blu Ray is buggy as * trying to switch commentary or start the game beyond the first half (which I'm trying to do continuously after it crashing during the MMM commentary after the first half).

Anyone else had this issue? I'm watching on Xbox One, first blu ray I have watched on it

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Bought the victory pack the other day. So far watched the QF & PF. They’ve got a tiny bit of pre game stuff, and then some on ground interviews after the game, sing the song, and that’s it. Would’ve liked them to include maybe the coaches press conferences from after the game. First time I’d rewatched those 2 finals. The QF had so much Collingwood barracking from all of the commentators, and they seemed genuinely down that we won. Feel like the prelim they were all about Melbourne’s mistakes, but for the second half were talking us up a lot and giving us some credit. Was a little surprising to be honest, vicco bias and all ;)

Haven’t watched the GF or highlights disc yet. Hoping the GF has the alternate commentary. Will find out tonight I guess.

Been good to watch considering the cricket has been so s**t.
Did the GF have alternate commentary?

My Blu Ray is buggy as **** trying to switch commentary or start the game beyond the first half (which I'm trying to do continuously after it crashing during the MMM commentary after the first half).

Anyone else had this issue? I'm watching on Xbox One, first blu ray I have watched on it

Mine has been good but admittedly I haven't tried changing commentary midstream.

Easy to start the game at all the different chapters though...

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Did the GF have alternate commentary?

Yep. Comes with the channel 7 one, 6Pr, 3AW and MMM. Watched all of them now, and I think 3AW was the best, although the other 2 are worth a watch just for the saltiness of the commentary and the amount of Collingwood chearing. They all revert back to channel 7 for the post match stuff though. Not enough footage of the lap of honour or the celebrations in the rooms. I’m sure channel 7 did interviews in there after the game so a few of those would’ve been nice to be included.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep. Comes with the channel 7 one, 6Pr, 3AW and MMM. Watched all of them now, and I think 3AW was the best, although the other 2 are worth a watch just for the saltiness of the commentary and the amount of Collingwood chearing. They all revert back to channel 7 for the post match stuff though. Not enough footage of the lap of honour or the celebrations in the rooms. I’m sure channel 7 did interviews in there after the game so a few of those would’ve been nice to be included.
The pack is on sale for $65 at Big W, worth it?

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
The pack is on sale for $65 at Big W, worth it?

I think so. Was good to watch the other finals games, and the season highlights disk is decent. Throw in the GF too with the alternate commmentary and I reckon it’s worth it. The prelim is enjoyable, especially to hear the commentators eating their words and being so down when we were embarrassing the Dees and their fairy tale.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Get Kayo sports, they’ve got all the finals games on there, and you can stream it to your Tv. They’ve got a free 2 week trial too, so you could grab it for 2 weeks then cancel it. Personally I’ll be keeping it, for $12.50 a month (you get 2 logins so it’s normally $25 but find someone to go halves with) it’s worth it for footy season alone, not to mention all the other sport on there

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Get Kayo sports, they’ve got all the finals games on there, and you can stream it to your Tv. They’ve got a free 2 week trial too, so you could grab it for 2 weeks then cancel it. Personally I’ll be keeping it, for $12.50 a month (you get 2 logins so it’s normally $25 but find someone to go halves with) it’s worth it for footy season alone, not to mention all the other sport on there

HD on demand replay?

Back