Dwayne ' **** commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just a Giants player was taking a set shot, he said ''he shuffles in'' 3 times in about 5 minutes. Talk about a lack imagination. How about you don't say ''he shuffles in'' as we can actually see that.

CJApples87

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
One thing he does every time someone takes a shot for goal: BENDS IT BACK!!!

Regardless of what the ball is actually doing it’s always bending back. Murphy took a shot at goal yesterday that was nowhere near goal and ended up landing in the opposite forward pocket but of course that was BENDING BACK!!!

It happened so often yesterday it was infuriating, he just calls what he wants and not what is actually happen.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
It happened so often yesterday it was infuriating, he just calls what he wants and not what is actually happen.
Also frequently does this with "FROM FOUR DEEP!!!!", which he applies to literally any marking situation. It doesn't actually matter that there's only two or three players contesting aerially, it always has to be FOUR DEEP for Dwayne.

CJApples87

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
Also frequently does this with "FROM FOUR DEEP!!!!", which he applies to literally any marking situation. It doesn't actually matter that there's only two or three players contesting aerially, it always has to be FOUR DEEP for Dwayne.
And yesterday when one actually took it from four deep he called that it was from five deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cochblocked

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One thing he does every time someone takes a shot for goal: BENDS IT BACK!!!

Regardless of what the ball is actually doing it’s always bending back. Murphy took a shot at goal yesterday that was nowhere near goal and ended up landing in the opposite forward pocket but of course that was BENDING BACK!!!

I think he has a list of phrases he wants to say and even if they don't fit he puts them in. I think the most recent one that's annoyed me is him going through the career and life of the guy going for goal like it's he's about to retire. Sometimes he does it for some else who hasn't even got the ball.

Truckosaurus

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm guessing here, and giving him far too much credit, but I think he's trying to say that they haven't been eliminated from finals yet. And well, duh Dwayne, it's Round 7.

wagstaff

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Even by his dismal standards, he was awful today.

What really irked me was his constant pumping up of how bad a loss this was for Carlton and Brendan Bolton's future after seemingly every North Melbourne goal. It's almost as if he wanted to ram it into the viewer's brains that the story of the week will be 'Where are Carlton at?' and that it will be discussed endlessly by every footy media show this week.

I wanted to keep listening to the commentary because I enjoy Brereton's analysis, but Dwayne's tripe ensured the mute option won eventually.

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
At least he didn't mention Carlton needing a 'safe word' yesterday.

Top Bottom