Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: dwayne ****head russel

He's actually in my top 3 favourite AFL Commentators along with Golden tonsils Matt Granland & BT Brian Taylor.

All very colourfull commentators. Like their work.

if people dislike his work so much, contact Fox Sports and complain, having a 71 page thread on a football forum wont change anything

having a 71 page thread on a football forum wont change anything
Here I was thinking everyone involved in AFL read (and took their orders/advice from) BigFooty.

I'm fairly certain Bailey's now gone because of the things posted about him on here.. I'm also sure Eade's out because some bulldogs posters don't care much for him.

He's actually in my top 3 favourite AFL Commentators along with Golden tonsils Matt Granland & BT Brian Taylor.

if people dislike his work so much, contact Fox Sports and complain, having a 71 page thread on a football forum wont change anything

Shut up. Your opinion is invalid.

Highlighting this white text will not make you feel better, I still think your opinion sucks.

I wish Billy Birmingham followed AFL.

The characters are no more in the cricket commentary boxes (or been done to death). Reckon he would have a lot to work with in the AFL boxes.

I thought he DID, remember the "Footy Wars" CD? Did he do that one? Some classic stuff on that, especially the Eddie McGuire parody. "There is no doubt about that, about that there is no doubt".

Oh and Dwayne-o reaching over 1000 posts? THAT'S AS GOOD AS IT GETS!

Welcome to the thread...... Danny Frawley! :rolleyes:

They should measure his head on After the Game for the biggest head award.
Barely fits on my 46 inch screen it's that bloody massive.

THIS THREAD GOES WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD!!!"

dwaynerussell150.jpg

YOU BET IT DOES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Tom Harley more involved in the calling, he is excellent.

Woah woah woah settle down. Harl's acts as if he is paid by the word, not by the quality of the comment. Talk's utter crap, can hardly notice him, like static.

Back to Dwayne, the man loves a shot from 50. "FROM THE PAINT!!" "Only in your wildest dreams!!"

Tell you what, do love to hate a s**t commentator

dwaynerussell150.jpg

YOU BET IT DOES!

There's just enough of Nicholson in The Shining in that image for it to be more disturbing than it already is.

Let's say the Eagles are playing, here's the ultimate Dwayne Russell comments package from Season 2011:

"The Dees with the behind. There's 4 minutes left in the game with the Demons fighting back - there's only five goals in it! Hurn with the ball now - good South Australian boy. Kicks it to himself and sends it long. Schofield under it... bobbles it. Boy, lucky to be paid that. Runs around a couple, kicks long to Darling - great mark. How lucky were West Coast with this kid? They effectively tanked to get pick 26 in last year's draft to get Darling, who plays on... shorts it to LeCras who can get it and go. Kicks long - where's Naitanui?!? There he is! Drops the mark, Kennedy soccers off the ground - that's one of the goals of the Milennium!!"

Something like that anyway...

Let's say the Eagles are playing, here's the ultimate Dwayne Russell comments package from Season 2011:

[strike]"The Dees with the behind. There's 4 minutes left in the game with the Demons fighting back - there's only five goals in it! Hurn with the ball now - good South Australian boy. Kicks it to himself and sends it long. Schofield under it... bobbles it. Boy, lucky to be paid that. Runs around a couple, kicks long to Darling - great mark. How lucky were West Coast with this kid? They effectively tanked to get pick 26 in last year's draft to get Darling, who plays on... shorts it to LeCras who can get it and go. Kicks long - where's Naitanui?!? There he is! Drops the mark, Kennedy soccers off the ground - that's one of the goals of the Milennium!!"[/strike]

Something like that anyway...

*Talks over the top of this aimless mindless abject rubbish with apathetic styled commentary for the last 4 minutes of the game*

"Me the Commentator: "So... Do you think this player would provide any impact for this franchise in the course of the finals?"

Special Comments guy: I reckon if this team was to make an impact in the finals they would need to find another spark plug or x factor off the bench because at the moment they really lack an upside that will take them places in the finals

Case in point: The way the current leading franchise is going about things, it is in the execution and also winning the key moments at crucial times which genuinely separate them from the rest of the competition

Me: Oh here you go again with your constant fanboying of the leading franchise

Special comments: Yeh but you cant help but admire the way they are going about their business this year, everyone just seems to be on the same page as each other

Main Commentator (Me): Lets go to the sidelines with our sideline commentator"

*siren blows*

(in the meantime the mark of the year was taken or an attempt at the mark of the year was attempted, a goal of the year was kicked or attempted to be kicked the team trailing may or may not have won the game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back