WALL-e

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
Griffin got no respect on the commentary. I love Jamar, and he's been the #2 ruck this year, but Griffin was all over him early and forced Jamar to change his tactics.

Stinger...

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ManUtd
If it was a Melb player (or Fevola) who had kicked the goal that Walker kicked on the members side pocket in the last, they all would have been jumping out of their seats and Russell would have declare it 'the goal of the year'...

Commentarty of AFL (TV or Radio) is serisously lacking!

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
I just watched the replay and I reckon that was one of the most biased and stupid calls of a game I have ever heard--and there have been plenty from Melbourne commentators in Crows' games.
We are 31 points in front with nine and a bit minutes to play and Frawley reckons the Ds are a chance?
Griffin smashed Jamar and everyone else he came up against in the ruck, yet the commentators constantly called Jamar as the ruling ruckman on the ground.
The stats are interesting in that we lost the rucks by a considerable margin. I find that to be astonishing.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
I just watched the replay and I reckon that was one of the most biased and stupid calls of a game I have ever heard--and there have been plenty from Melbourne commentators in Crows' games.
We are 31 points in front with nine and a bit minutes to play and Frawley reckons the Ds are a chance?
Griffin smashed Jamar and everyone else he came up against in the ruck, yet the commentators constantly called Jamar as the ruling ruckman on the ground.
The stats are interesting in that we lost the rucks by a considerable margin. I find that to be astonishing.

I'll hold back my judgement til I see the game again myself.. but you've bagged the commentators for getting it wrong when the stat's support their view??? Admittedly stats arent everything but you'd assume they are 90% accurate wrt 'hit-outs' which is really what you are talking about.

Look - I think Griffin started with the right intensity and certainly held his own in the ruck.. but I don't think he dominated Jamar. Griff (and maric) gave us exactly what we needed against an in-form dominatn ruckmen though.

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
I'll hold back my judgement til I see the game again myself.. but you've bagged the commentators for getting it wrong when the stat's support their view???

That's what I found astonishing. My impression at the game and watching the replay was that we won the rucks. Maybe I was fooled by our midfield dominance.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
That's what I found astonishing. My impression at the game and watching the replay was that we won the rucks. Maybe I was fooled by our midfield dominance.

We certainly seemed to win a ton more clearances than normal. Griffin also played a far better game than normal. Combination of those factors possibly make it look like we dominated the rucks.. which as stats are showing may not have been the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Hard to blame them for making an error which 2/3 of the Adelaide "supporters" get wrong on this very board.

That's a fascinating comparison to make.

You're average bf Crows supporter (therefore someone of sub-par intelligence to start with) compared to one of the biggest media empires on the planet.

I think CG is entitled to expect something a little more from Fox!

May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's all the "incidental" comments that annoy the f*** out of me.

All Crow free-kicks are "a bit soft", or "doubtful"

In one-on-one contests, it's always the other team player who "played that well" etc etc.

Riggy1

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 7, 2008
here, there, everywhere
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS, NA Roosters, ATL Falcons
That's a fascinating comparison to make.

You're average bf Crows supporter (therefore someone of sub-par intelligence to start with) compared to one of the biggest media empires on the planet.

I think CG is entitled to expect something a little more from Fox!
:eek:

Fox Sports is apart of Premier Media Group
Consolidated Media Holdings owns 50% of Premier Media Group
I'd hardly call any of them a media Empire

Sekaj

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 18, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
"James Sellar playing for his career" - Dwayne Russell

Yes, because a 21yo big man who's been on the verge of selection with solid performances in the SANFL (and who would have strung more than a few games together earlier in the year had it not been for injury) must be playing for his career. :rolleyes:

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
"James Sellar playing for his career" - Dwayne Russell

Yes, because a 21yo big man who's been on the verge of selection with solid performances in the SANFL (and who would have strung more than a few games together earlier in the year had it not been for injury) must be playing for his career. :rolleyes:

Would never have said it about a Port listed player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back