Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I'm sick of him.

The worst ones are his "Good players..." calls.

Good players take those grabs. Good players kick these. Good players make those tackles. Good players hit that target.

Shut up Dwayne.

porpoise

Senior List
Jan 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another fine performance by Russell today (and no I'm not being sarcastic). No wonder he ranked very highly again in the recent survey - second only to Commetti as favourite caller.

macca23

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Dwayne Russell isn't the only irritant on Foxtel.

Glen Jakovich should NOT be on the air at all. Absolutely biased, disputes virtually every free kick paid against West Coast when calling their games, and certainly adds nothing insightful to the commentary at all.

His emerging twin, Alistair Lynch, was a pain in the arse today, taking on the Jakovich role with enthusuasm, disputing many of the frees paid to Adelaide.

Overall, the Foxtel commentators, Gerard Healy and Brian Taylor excluded, are a sorry lot indeed.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
I thought the playing for his career comment was a fraction dramatic but thats what they are paid to do.

Another good game from Dwayne IMO. I prefer him over most out there. Love all the background references - really does his homework.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I thought he (Russell) was um... less annoying? than normal when I watched the replay.

I agree

I thought the playing for his career comment was a fraction dramatic but thats what they are paid to do.

I dont think that after 4 years the time is starting to run out for James Sellar to actually deliver something so I agree with the comment.

fryingpan

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 16, 2004
Al Jumahiriyah al Arabiya
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team van Berlo, Sturt
I liked ..

"Nathan Bock and Rischetelli, team mates next year perhaps"

And Douglas being pushed in the back as the ball goes out of bounds, clear free kick.

Dwayne: Oh and he's paid a free kick for push in the back!!??
Frawley: No Dwayne I'm sorry but that's a free kick, you can't do that.

Clueless moron

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
I liked ..

"Nathan Bock and Rischetelli, team mates next year perhaps"

And Douglas being pushed in the back as the ball goes out of bounds, clear free kick.

Dwayne: Oh and he's paid a free kick for push in the back!!??
Frawley: No Dwayne I'm sorry but that's a free kick, you can't do that.

Clueless moron

Isn't that a common speculation? Do ignore that possibilty is surely clueless???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lincsPJ

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
holding the ball.. not paid!!
hands in the back.. not paid!!
did he dispose of it legally? umpire says he did!
can remember any "that is one of the GOALS of the YEAR!" yesterday. :(

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this late stage of the thread's life might be a good time to mention my favourite Russell-ism.

If you've joined us late....
[followed by one of:]
- The Crows have the biggest lead of the game to date
- Chris Knights is a Victorian
- Richard Douglas is a Victorian
- Kurt Tippett is from Queensland
- The Lions have the biggest lead of the game to date

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this late stage of the thread's life might be a good time to mention my favourite Russell-ism.

If you've joined us late....
[followed by one of:]
- The Crows have the biggest lead of the game to date
- Chris Knights is a Victorian
- Richard Douglas is a Victorian
- Kurt Tippett is from Queensland
- The Lions have the biggest lead of the game to date

haha **** he is annoying - why the **** do i need to be told ten times that Dangerfield is from Geelong or Knights is a Victorian. Shut the **** up and try to commentate

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He's been on roll today calling his beloved Power.

Apparently Broadbent is a local Port Adelaide lad from Henley Beach ??? So we have a local Port Adelaide lad from Henley Beach who plays for WWT hmmm doesnt sound too local to me :confused:

Apparently Port are playing in the hope to achieve 9th spot which is still within grasp for them (hmmm for what :confused:)

Also getting excited and talking up the importance of finishing in front of Adelaide to which his counterpart question why it is even relevant.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Western Suburbs (ie, Henley Beach inc) is Port Adelaide heartland. Nothing much to see here

Typical ill-informed Port comment.

Henley Beach is closer to Woodville or Glenelg than it is to Port Adelaide, it's also the Eagles SANFL zone but lets not let the facts get in the way of a story hey :rolleyes:

PortBrillance

Trump Donor - 16' 20' 24'
Jul 9, 2009
TRUMP WON 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Adelaide City
I grew up at Henley and now live at West Lakes and I can tell you that ATLEAST 90% of people who live around those suburbs (western) are Port fans.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I grew up at Henley and now live at West Lakes and I can tell you that ATLEAST 90% of people who live around those suburbs (western) are Port fans.

You've missed the point.

It was never about whether he followed Port or not, it was the misconception from Russell implying that Henley Beach was Port Adelaide heartland when it actually isnt. He just emblishes s**t in an effort to romantisize about things especially about Port. So instead of Broadbent being a guy who plays for WWT but supported Port growing up, Russell changes it to that he was a Port supporter living and growing up in the Port heartland and how great it was for a Port local to come through and represent Port etc

PortBrillance

Trump Donor - 16' 20' 24'
Jul 9, 2009
TRUMP WON 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Adelaide City
I havent missed the point entirely, I stand by what I said about Henley being (ok clearly not a "Port heartland" because it technically isnt) but a pro-Port fanbase. Dwayne is wrong about saying its the heartland as Alberton or PA itself is, but If you've ever lived at Henley or gone to school in the area then you would clearly know this. I would say the ratio would be 3:1 arguably more. Dwayne's getting confused we know.

*awaits someone from this board claiming they live in Henley or WL and saying the opposite*

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United

This is actually true. Used to go to school around that area and you'd have many more Port fans than that of the Crows, unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back