Dwayne Russell - nails on a blackboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Dwaine's most annoying tendency is to list players life story every time they have the ball for any signifigant period.

"Andrew Macke with it on centre wing...taken Pick 7 in the 2002 draft...playing school footy for Glenelg in South Australia...surprised many at the time but Stephen Wells has certainly been justified..."

<week later>

"Andrew Macke with it on centre wing...taken Pick 7 in the 2002 draft...playing school footy for Glenelg in South Australia...surprised many at the time but Stephen Wells has certainly been justified..."

I swear to God I have heard that and Nathan Ablett's recruitment saga pass Dwayne's lips at least 500 times.

He loves where players were drafted from especailly when their from SA, and as you said loves to quote their draft number!

Hi Deeeeerrrrrrwayne.

I don't find it unbelievable at all that another thread about what a rotten commentator you are existed 12 years ago.

Can you please go and get a job at one of the NBA franchises as a caller and disappear from calling AFL once and for all.

Cheers.

(Nice bump by the way)

I like it when he and Derm call the same game.

The hilarity and the maturity of the jokes are top class.

I don't hate him but on the radio he displays no personality whatsoever, no sense of humour - competent but dull as dishwater

I don't hate him but on the radio he displays no personality whatsoever, no sense of humour - competent but dull as dishwater
On SEN I dont mind him, he's pretty respectful and let's everyone have their say when they call in and gives them a fair go, I dont mind that. He's bland and boring but at least he's not some shock jock spurting rubbish. He lets the people guide the agenda.

As a commentator he's awful though. He has ZERO game sense, e.g. he will go off in the second quarter nice goal when a team is up by 25 points as if we've just seen the goal of the century to win a final. "As good as it gets" , apparantly there are 6 goals a game that are as good as it gets.... His vernacular is far too "Americanised" and he uses phrases that no one wants to use in AFL footy but he think is exciting and good commentary "Shake and Bake" "From the paint" , far too many nicknames and numbers JR34 CJ29 DT32 , etc etc. Every player is also either a star, champion or superstar apparantly.

The worst part is you can tell he thinks he's a good commentator adding to the experience. He's nauseating.

On SEN I dont mind him, he's pretty respectful and let's everyone have their say when they call in and gives them a fair go, I dont mind that. He's bland and boring but at least he's not some shock jock spurting rubbish. He lets the people guide the agenda.

As a commentator he's awful though. He has ZERO game sense, e.g. he will go off in the second quarter nice goal when a team is up by 25 points as if we've just seen the goal of the century to win a final. "As good as it gets" , apparantly there are 6 goals a game that are as good as it gets.... His vernacular is far too "Americanised" and he uses phrases that no one wants to use in AFL footy but he think is exciting and good commentary "Shake and Bake" "From the paint" , far too many nicknames and numbers JR34 CJ29 DT32 , etc etc. Every player is also either a star, champion or superstar apparantly.

The worst part is you can tell he thinks he's a good commentator adding to the experience. He's nauseating.

Its the people employing him giving the OK to inappropriate USisms.

Its the people employing him giving the OK to inappropriate USisms.
Probably, but you can tell thats how he wants to call. He has basketball commentary in his CV and there's clear NBA and American influences in his style. He's lost touch with calling Aussie rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back