Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuestar13

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Another year of horrors ahead... Thankfully missed the two games he called this weekend... won’t be so lucky all the time I know.

Besides just being a massive knob, my biggest problem with Dwayne is his bias when commentating. I had enough trouble watching Melbourne yesterday without listening to Dwayne cream himself over Port Adelaide. Same goes for when he does Geelong games.
This is one of the things I dislike about him the most. He is shamefully biased and at times blatantly unprofessional. He cannot be impartial when it comes to Port Adelaide or Geelong. Fox seem to condone and allow it, he fits in well with the rest there.

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 18, 2007
Paradise
AFL Club
Richmond
Besides just being a massive knob, my biggest problem with Dwayne is his bias when commentating. I had enough trouble watching Melbourne yesterday without listening to Dwayne cream himself over Port Adelaide. Same goes for when he does Geelong games.
Imagine what it was like for the rest of us, with Derrwayne barracking for Port, and Lyon and Roos trying to coach Melbourne. I was almost glad to hear Eddie McGuire speak.

Chuckie357

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Imagine what it was like for the rest of us, with Derrwayne barracking for Port, and Lyon and Roos trying to coach Melbourne. I was almost glad to hear Eddie McGuire speak.
I thought it would’ve been worse listening to Roos “yeah but guys like Goodsey and Jackey and Joey Kennedy, those type of guys who are the greatest footballers ever...”

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
It's great to have the footy back Derrrrrrrrrwayne just a shame we have to listen to you butcher the call of the game.
I think it is time to try sync the radio call to the game on the TV when you are "commentating".

Dominator68

Team Captain
Nov 8, 2007
Belgium
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not fussy but he is the only commentator I can’t stand. Cant understand how he keeps getting a gig.

On another note I enjoyed Huddo's banter with Hogan's Heroes banter and Schiltz today during Freo game

3rd Grade Maggy

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
I'm sure everyone thinks he hates their team as well, but he has a particular glee in Carlton going bad. Fair to say he's enjoyed the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
Hey mouncey2franklin

Check it out. Your favourite commentator has his own dedicated 112 page thread. Part 2, no less.

So many sheep...

You should try to re-educate them, so they can all think like you.

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
fwiw Dwayne was a pretty decent commentator in his Ch 9 days back in the mid-00s. But his ego seems to have totally gotten out of control over the years at Fox to become the insufferable blowhard he is now.
Spot on. If he just called the game like he used to, he would be ok. But the insufferable blowhard within has taken over totally. Absolute w***er.

Top Bottom