Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

God listening to him on SEN is painful.

1. He has never asked an open-ended question in an interview in his life. Just a mixture of simple yes/no questions where the other person has to come up with more for their answer.
2. He never asks the caller how they are going. It's always "G'day Dwayne, how's it going?" "yeah, good"

God listening to him on SEN is painful.

1. He has never asked an open-ended question in an interview in his life. Just a mixture of simple yes/no questions where the other person has to come up with more for their answer.
2. He never asks the caller how they are going. It's always "G'day Dwayne, how's it going?" "yeah, good"
To be fair - and it pains me to say this about Derwayne - it is the most overused opening by a caller to radio. Is the announcer supposed to say "sh*thouse thanks"

i like it when dwayne (and many others) introduce the next caller and inform and explain to them that they have to be quick because they only have around 10 seconds to go before the new so you have to be quick

caller: hi dwayne, thanks for taking my call...
Cuts to news

How unlucky today.
Papalia who is a great caller getting paired with this hack.
If you read this during the call Derrrrrwayne just shut up and let him call the game.

KB used to say to every caller “ good thanks “ even if they didn’t ask him. Hahaha.
That’s because he has already said he was good to the first caller and got pissed off being asked every time.

Too many dance steps last night in the Freo v Port musical.

There is not one other commentator that uses these phrases in footy vernacular, and for good reason.

Some of Richie Benaud's golden rules of commentary (broken by Russell every match).

Avoid cliches and banalities

The Titanic was a tragedy, the Ethiopian drought a disaster, and neither bears any relation to a dropped catch.

Put your brain into gear before opening your mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he's annoying every game he calls but am I the only person irritated listening to this clown now commentating the Tigers v Roos Game
What with him calling certain players by their full name e.g. Shai Bolton, Paul Curtis, Luke Davies Uniacke????

Here's an idea.
Someone needs to contact Billy Birmingham and ask him to undertake a '12th man' version of the AFL commentators. He would have more than enough characters and material to emulate and to take absolute the mickey out of. Imagine 'R rated' over-the-top versions of BT, JB, Huddo, Derrrwayne and of course some Bruce Mc would be good, which he has previously done with his 2000 Olympic parody...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back