Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Caller to his show today raised the time Bruce Winter knocked Russell’s teeth out - Der-wayne pipes up - “ Oh yes the great Norwood player“......

Bruce Winter played for 7 seasons and a Premiership with Sturt b4 going to Norwood...and playing 7 seasons , 3 games more and in another two flags.

Started as a great high leaping full back but played full fwd for Norwood.

To refer to him as ‘a Norwood player’ is both disrespectful to Sturt Football Club and typical of Der-wayne’s superficiality.

And I’m glad Winter punched is teeth out.

D6B0A3C3-E33B-4A0C-A7A3-4953FEC1D7A9.jpeg

Caller to his show today raised the time Bruce Winter knocked Russell’s teeth out - Der-wayne pipes up - “ Oh yes the great Norwood player“......

Bruce Winter played for 7 seasons and a Premiership with Sturt b4 going to Norwood...and playing 7 seasons , 3 games more and in another two flags.

Started as a great high leaping full back but played full fwd for Norwood.

To refer to him as ‘a Norwood player’ is both disrespectful to Sturt Football Club and typical of Der-wayne’s superficiality.

And I’m glad Winter punched is teeth out.
Yes Winter played for Sturt first, then Norwood (when Der-wayne played against him), but to be pedantic he played FF for Sturt and FB for Norwood.
Wasn't aware he had belted Der-wayne.

He also got hit by Tom Warhurst in the first night match at Football Park for points:

Yes Winter played for Sturt first, then Norwood (when Der-wayne played against him), but to be pedantic he played FF for Sturt and FB for Norwood.
Wasn't aware he had belted Der-wayne.

He also got hit by Tom Warhurst in the first night match at Football Park for points:

Incorrect.

Bruce Winter played most of his career at Sturt as a FB. Ken Whelan was the FF until 74.

Winter then got moved to FF and kicked 83 goals in two seasons.

He kicked 158 goals for Norwood...so clearly a ‘pinch hitter’ for the Redlegs as well.

PLAYING RECORD
  • 175 games and 83 goals for Sturt 1971 – 1978
  • 178 games and 158 goals for Norwood 1979 – 1986
PREMIERSHIPS
  • Member of premiership team for Sturt 1974
  • Member of premiership teams for Norwood 1982, 1984
  • Premiership Coach of Woodville-West Torrens 1993
MATCHES FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIA
  • 2 matches for South Australia
ACHIEVEMENTS
  • Leading Goal Kicker for Norwood 1979
  • Player Life member of Sturt 1978
  • Player Life member of Norwood
  • Player life member of SANFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked 75 goals for Norwood, the SANFL figure is incorrect.
Yes, he started as a forward at Norwood, but spent most of his time at the club as a defender.

This seems to verify your claim. Interesting that the SANFL seems to have it wrong, goals kicked is not a stat you should be that far out on especially for a member of the SANFL HOF.

This seems to verify your claim. Interesting that the SANFL seems to have it wrong, goals kicked is not a stat you should be that far out on especially for a member of the SANFL HOF.
Yes, I probably should have linked Norwood's own profile which has that figure and explains his switch to defence.
It is odd the SANFL got it wrong, someone was probably tasked with typing up the HoF profiles and got the wrong figure.
Anyway let's get back on topic!

I don’t profess to be an expert on his Norwood career - I was however, at almost every game he played at Unley - and the only time he played fwd was when Whelan was injured.

I recall Sandy Nelson commenting on the pre-season intra-club matches on the ‘Footy Panel’...- he said he’d spend the whole match just watching Whelan and Winter knock each other out of the air!

im struggling to think of a tv commentator i'd sit through willingly.

bt...eurgh
dwayno...* no
bruce...gross...#metoo
howie...just no
huddo...calm down you campaigner
basil...nose thanks
eddie...press red for ed to disappear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back