Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
he has been unbearable this afternoon. Its not the occasional quirky line. He is literally saying somethng stupid every 10 seconds.
My wife through sheer dumb luck, has so far avoided Der-wayne and his appalling commentary for the last 2 years. Her luck ran out today as Der-wayne delivered a masterclass on how not to call a professional sporting contest. The looks on her face throughout the game was priceless. His ability to destroy the rhythm of the broadcast through sheer stupidity was relentless. Right now he has no equal.

Last edited:
I thought going to games was one way of escaping this turd.
Not so.
Yesterday at the Richmond vs GWS game we were in our normal coterie room on level 2 and they have the commentary on with Derwayne in full voice.
Giants kick a goal to makes it 13 points the difference in the 2nd term.
"They're still in this"

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought going to games was one way of escaping this turd.
Not so.
Yesterday at the Richmond vs GWS game we were in our normal coterie room on level 2 and they have the commentary on with Derwayne in full voice.
Giants kick a goal to makes it 13 points the difference in the 2nd term.
"They're still in this"

That’s when you go to the outer with the common folk

That’s when you go to the outer with the common folk
If it wasn't raining I probably would have.
It genuinely affected my day (slight exaggeration but not much)

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Clearly there's no minimum standard of calling ability among the TV and radio networks. If there was more than half of these clowns would never be let anywhere near a live microphone ever again.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Preaching to the choir brother his commentary affects me not only in the moment but long after

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I've actually forced myself to go to games that I wouldn't have because Dwayne was listed as the caller.

Being hungover and on 4 hours of sleep at the early Sunday game at the MCG is better than watching Dwayne call from the comfort of my home.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
guess he'll be ruining the Geelong-Hawthorn match next weekend?

Ruin is a good word for Dwayne.

He is the supreme Lord of death for football commentary. Unbeknownst to his imbecilic self, he ruins every match from the first spoken word to the last dribble of crap when he signs out.

The simpleton ruins our enjoyment of match and destroys all concentration on what’s going on because we spend most of time cursing him and annoyed to the point of insanity.

The worst ####### thing about it too is he’ll probably be around for a least another 10 years which is just the most horrific thought.

He ruins everything.

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Levi Casboult kicks a goal. Dwayne says something about when he’s on with his kicking there’s no one better to watch.
He has now completely destroyed the use of the term 'f.uckwit'. For he is so much more than that.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Levi Casboult kicks a goal. Dwayne says something about when he’s on with his kicking there’s no one better to watch.

He knows exactly what his reputation is and he's brazenly trolling us, there's no other explanation for 95% of his one-liners. Malignant campaigner of a man

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The mute button will be in overdrive during the Hawthorn Geelong game this afternoon thanks to Dwayne and maybe Eddie.
I actually don't mind Eddie as a caller. There's better of course, but there's also far worse.

And that's not even counting Der-wayne.

Back