Remove this Banner Ad

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
He should take over from Craig (big voice, but annoying Pommy accent) Willis in doing voice over announcements.
We lose Derwayne from commentary, & we lose Willis from voiceovers.
Win-win

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
He should take over from Craig (big voice, but annoying Pommy accent) Willis in doing voice over announcements.
We lose Derwayne from commentary, & we lose Willis from voiceovers.
Win-win
Not win-win. They replaced Craig Willis with Hamish.

Nobody wins.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Not win-win. They replaced Craig Willis with Hamish.

Nobody wins.
Hamish was excellent at the Brownlow IMO. Much better than Bruce.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Hamish was excellent at the Brownlow IMO. Much better than Bruce.
I actually think he’s a pretty good MC / Host but just terrible when commentating and discussing the game in general.
Maybe I'm letting my complete disgust at his unbelievable incompetence at commentating cloud my judgement.

No, I still would have much preferred Craig Willis.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe I'm letting my complete disgust at his unbelievable incompetence at commentating cloud my judgement.

No, I still would have much preferred Craig Willis.

Haha don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a complete flog but I can at the very least tolerate him as a host.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Derwayne dropped a very juicy nugget the other day on 3aw. He was sacked 7 years ago by the station, then they called him the next day to say that they'd changed their mind because his arranged replacement was suddenly unavailable. For those don't know, he still works a lot for 3aw. Does anyone have an idea who his potential replacement was?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
I listen to Sports Day and put up with Dwayne. It will be far better listening when he pi$$es off to his new gig. Had a gutfull of the cheap shots; especially the constant snide remarks about the Gold Coast. It doesn't take any particular skill to bully the weak. I guess the similar treatment of GWS will dry up now.

He hasn't made a single negative comment about Port or Geelong in the time I've been listening, yet, Port were struggling a few years back when the tarps were out and his repeating of the Geelong home ground rubbish is regular and no doubt, endless. Then of course is his crawling up the backside of Patrick Dangerfield and Geelong in general. Absolutely sickening and pathetic.

Suck up to the powerful (including all the business owners in Melbourne) and put the boots into the weak. What a guy. You certainly wouldn't have wanted to be the weedy bloke at his high school.

I guess he is perfectly suited to tabloid radio. His opinions change from week to week. He loves controversy and facts don't really matter as long as listeners are frothing when they call. And if you disagree with Dwayne on-air and make a good case, there's a fair chance you'll get cut off.
I've been listening to sports today since 2000
Very very loyal listener
Have rung up over 1,000 times

Derwayne hung up on me while I was debating
The Geelong home final situation,,,
Tony Shaw and Matty Lloyd
Stuck up for me and told
Derwayne off big time
Glad he's not going to be
On 3aw anymore,,
Will be interesting to see
If they have sports day on next year
I have a feeling it might be gone

Derwayne dropped a very juicy nugget the other day on 3aw. He was sacked 7 years ago by the station, then they called him the next day to say that they'd changed their mind because his arranged replacement was suddenly unavailable. For those don't know, he still works a lot for 3aw. Does anyone have an idea who his potential replacement was?

big Tony Leonard?

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I wouldn't have a clue. I heard that as well, and thought maybe Whateley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back