Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Hill on Dwayne’s show tomorrow. Car crash radio. Dwayne has little interest or knowledge for soccer & Simon Hill knows it. The contempt they have for each other is palpable.

Regulation shot on goal from slight angle: BENDS IT BACK *screaming*

ROLLS IT...

GOALS IT!

These are the kinds of catch phrases I really don't get. He obviously thought he came up with a clever play on words 'rolled gold' but I don't think a player has ever rolled the ball, to roll the ball you would need to kick it so softly it could only move about 2 metres or so. Even if he used it exclusively for dribble kicks I would understand, but he doesn't. So what does he actually mean by it?

The other is 'shake and bake' is this a bit of self-awareness from Dwayne? "Shake and bake" refers to a line from Talladega Nights in which two characters have a catchphrase 'shake and bake' the joke being that the phrase is meaningless and they just say it because it sounds cool to them. But Dwayne seems to use it exclusively when a player evades a tackle and kicks the ball (usually resulting in a goal) So I get that the shake is 'shaking off a tackle' but bake is what, kicking a goal, when has that ever been a thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back