Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

His new one is “chenana” for checkside banana.

I almost put my head through my tv

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you have to smash red bull and caffeine to call the footy, then you're calling the wrong sport. WWE is that way -->

Dude funnels instant coffee into bottled water. they showed his pre-game ritual a few weeks back - explained a lot.

I hate to say it, but I would have rather dwayno calling the richmond game than listen to eddie screaming the whole 2nd half.

I hate to say it, but I would have rather dwayno calling the richmond game than listen to eddie screaming the whole 2nd half.
Not me. I would even take the entire Ch7 commentary team before der-wayne, and they have 4 of the worst commentators I've ever heard. How bad must they be when Brayshaw is probably their best caller.

And yet they're still not as bad as der-wayne.

Not me. I would even take the entire Ch7 commentary team before der-wayne, and they have 4 of the worst commentators I've ever heard. How bad must they be when Brayshaw is probably their best caller.

And yet they're still not as bad as der-wayne.
He's an a-hole and shocking caller , all about his own voice

Eddie might be the only one I'd put behind Dwayne. Dwayne's more like an annoying child having too much fun in public. Eddie is a boorish knob who is incapable of elevating the game even the slightest bit, no matter how much he yells.

Dwayne may need help in the box if Port go much further ahead. His book of nicknames and cliches is going to need a new volume soon after unleashing "Gray Nomad" when Robbie took a mark at the top of the 50.

I can only imagine the car ride home. I bet he talks to himself at the traffic lights throwing around potential calls for the next game. ’Yes, yes, yes, good one DeWayne....you crack me up’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything is incredible, amazing, as good as it gets, astonishing.
And then when he does the pause between each word as in "Kicks...the...goal..."
Just * off you self absorbed twat.

I was out and about the other day and while I was waiting for Mixcloud to kick in I got to listen to about 30 seconds of this dick on SEN, he even yells when he takes talkback callers.

MENTALLO IS FROM PITTSBURGH AND WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE BLUES.

Stop shouting you DICKHEAD.
Shouting on air instead of talking seems to be a thing among Australian media presenters in a pathetic and infuriating attempt to add excitement or humour.

Let’s call it the Triple M ‘GET AROUND HIM!!!’ effect.
It's also spread to several of our country's - for want of a better word - "comedians" and TV presenters. These morons seem to think that shouting makes it funnier (or just funny).

It doesn't.

Last edited:
I've never known a commentator of any sport, let alone just AFL, who manages to pick the wrong adjective for the action they're describing as often as Dwayne Russell does.

Case in point: Jeremy Cameron kicked a fairly regulation snap on the weekend. The way it spun wasn't perfect off the boot but it was a normal snap. The angle wasn't that tight and the degree of difficulty wasn't that extreme.

Russell excitedly referred to it as a "crazy goal".

Wtf.

There was literally nothing "crazy" about it. What the hell are you talking about Dwayne?

I genuinely don't understand how he hasn't got better at picking the right word to match the action on screen. How many years has he been doing this now? It's incredible that he's maintained the same level of incompetence for so long.

I've never known a commentator of any sport, let alone just AFL, who manages to pick the wrong adjective for the action they're describing as often as Dwayne Russell does.

Case in point: Jeremy Cameron kicked a fairly regulation snap on the weekend. The way it spun wasn't perfect off the boot but it was a normal snap. The angle wasn't that tight and the degree of difficulty wasn't that extreme.

Russell excitedly referred to it as a "crazy goal".

Wtf.

There was literally nothing "crazy" about it. What the hell are you talking about Dwayne?

I genuinely don't understand how he hasn't got better at picking the right word to match the action on screen. How many years has he been doing this now? It's incredible that he's maintained the same level of incompetence for so long.

He must think it plays well with ‘the kids’ when in reality ‘the kids’ view him in the same way they do an uncle who repeats every Christmas cracker joke over and over and is the only one at the table to think they’re funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back