Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands up those who agree Dwaye is a good commentator when the game is tight....don’t all rush to be first now...
happy stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed Bosenavulagi is out. I’ll miss Dwayne saying his name an incredibly disproportionate amount of times compared to his disposals just to let us all know he knows how to pronounce his name.
Now, roll me in your honey if you must, but this is one of the only, slight, very minor, things that he is better at than his fellow travelers. He knows who the players are, he knows how to pronounce their names (how the players have asked for it to be pronounced, not the BT '* that I'll say it how i want way') and he generally calls the right player. That being said, I saw he was doing the Melbourne/Freo game and took myself out to the office to catch up on work emails. So, you know, swings and roundabouts bobbing like a cork in the ocean i guess.

In the first quarter of the game today he said "this 3 minutes and 40 seconds is massive in the context of this match". What the absolute *. Its like he isnt watching the game hes commentating, hes just reading a predetermined script regardless of what's actually playing out.

Im yet to meet anyone who likes his commentary (or dermie for that matter) yet every single season we're stuck with him, why?

There's a thread elsewhere wondering why ratings are the game is suffering a popularity crisis. Look no ******* further than the clowns who present it ffs

In the first quarter of the game today he said "this 3 minutes and 40 seconds is massive in the context of this match". What the absolute duck. Its like he isnt watching the game hes commentating, hes just reading a predetermined script regardless of what's actually playing out.

Im yet to meet anyone who likes his commentary (or dermie for that matter) yet every single season we're stuck with him, why?

There's a thread elsewhere wondering why ratings are the game is suffering a popularity crisis. Look no ******* further than the clowns who present it ffs

I imagine its hard to find naturally verbose footballers who have an extrovert nature and a desperate need to ‘be heard’.

If you think about it, Brereton, Carey, Nathan Brown, Hunt, Bartlett, Lyon, Gaze, Newman, Wallace etc are all out of the same mould...its just a question of which role they fall into, Commentary, Special Comments or Boundary rider aka Class clown, Illiterate, Intern or Token Female.

The Watsons are still looking for a role that is worthy of their combined intellectual voltage...Brownless has that job atm...

I’ve always thought Bolton, Rischuitto (Sp?), Matthews, Roos, had something to offer....time will tell if Buckley will be ‘dumbed down’....or retain his throne until it gets time to jump because Goodwin needs a job...

I imagine its hard to find naturally verbose footballers who have an extrovert nature and a desperate need to ‘be heard’.

If you think about it, Brereton, Carey, Nathan Brown, Hunt, Bartlett, Lyon, Gaze, Newman, Wallace etc are all out of the same mould...its just a question of which role they fall into, Commentary, Special Comments or Boundary rider aka Class clown, Illiterate, Intern or Token Female.

The Watsons are still looking for a role that is worthy of their combined intellectual voltage...Brownless has that job atm...

I’ve always thought Bolton, Rischuitto (Sp?), Matthews, Roos, had something to offer....time will tell if Buckley will be ‘dumbed down’....or retain his throne until it gets time to jump because Goodwin needs a job...

Ricciuto??? Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back