Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
How many commentators use ‘shake and bake’ now thanks to Dwayne!

Disappointed Ben left off “ made it his problem”

Theres one other thing. Knowing that you've ponied up your hard earned for the privilege makes the lose infinitely worse.
I would pay twice as much to watch it with the commentary muted.

I would pay twice as much to watch it with the commentary muted.

Other than a very brief time, history would suggest that broadcasters dont want us to have nice things.

Our only hope is for when one of the streaming giants inevitably buys the exclusive rights to the game.

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
rsz_12.png

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think there are a heap of better callers than Dwayne but he is helped by the fact he played the game. There are not many that have played at the highest level and are good enough to call play by play.

Guys like Papalia are better callers but there are probably a hundred guys like that around the country. Same with special comments positions, there is just a bigger pool to pick from so more competitive. Only the best survive.

I don't think it's right or that it matters but I am sure that is how he has survived so long.

What the * is this staples s**t? He did it all day in Carlton vs St Kilda and now again in the Tigers vs Eagles.

Also his call of Riolis poster in the last shows how s**t he is. Had as bad a last quarter as Tom Barrass

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Also his call of Riolis poster in the last shows how s**t he is. Had as bad a last quarter as Tom Barrass
The ball actually smashed into the goal post (possibly even rebounding back into play), I'm not sure what game Dwayne was watching... But then again I'm never sure, as he just makes up what's going out on the field to suit whatever catch phrase he has at the ready.

Disgraceful commentator.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Just saw the highlights of today's game, when Bolton goaled he apparently "sliced and diced" it. :rolleyes: One to keep an eye on.

That’s it, he gets his god awful catchphrases from those woeful infomercials.

Ironically, they’re often about complete tools as well.

Dwayne on Tim Kelly:
"This could be the last ever game he plays at GMHBA Staidum".

Umm pretty sure dickhead that if he goes to WCE or Freo he will be back in Geelong playing for the away team.

Absolute *******

Back