Past Dylan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

is there a whole permission to play issue though?

that's why they missed last week.

hope not. guess we'll have to wait & see. might pop down and watch. wouldn't mind seeing menzel, temay, cachia and dale.

i'd wait to see what the N Blues say regarding CFC players. I'll report back as soon as I hear.

Thanks :) Hopefully all senior listed players are available to play (obviously those who didn't play last night).

Hopefully Bucks isn't too far off a senior debut. Really liked the glimpses I saw in the intraclubs - pity we didn't see him in NAB cup.

Wish it wasn't at Betts' expense - but would love to see Bucks debut. Probably would still be too good for Russell or Obrien.

I haven't seen much much of Buckley. Hard for me to get to vfl game because I live far away. What is his disposal like? Quick hands? Legs speed?

Bucks’ boy set for senior debut
Buckley, who becomes Carlton’s 1145th senior footballer since the VFL’s foundation season of 1897, is one of four inclusions to Carlton's 22-man team for Saturday night’s match with Geelong at Eithad Stadium.

BuckleysArticles_620X370.jpg
Bucks’ boy set for senior debut

Looking forward to seeing Dylan in action on Saturday night.

It would be great if he doesn't start the game with the green vest, and if he were to be given more than a quarter to show what he has to offer.

Regardless, he's put in the hard yards and caught the eye of the coaching staff. Clearly deserves a chance and I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to make sure this is not a one-off.

Congratulations Dylan. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link
One inclusion is Dylan Buckley, son of former club premiership star Jim Buckley, who played against the Blues coach. Malthouse was not becoming starry-eyed about the arrival of a famous name at the team. ''He has worked very diligently, no handouts here.''

Asked if he saw similarities with Buckley's father, Malthouse said: ''Until I see him play, probably not.''
Link

:D

Whats the word on Buckley?
His contract is up this year. Is he likely to get a renewal?

No doubt Buckley will be at the club beyond this season. Very slight frame but has some real ability and some mongrel to match that.

Needs to work on his consistency more than anything at this stage but shows more than enough to suggest he can make it in the right environment and if given the time to do so.

I reckon Dylan will be a solid player. Love his speed and attitude. Need a guy like him firing in the seniors. May come in for Garlett v Richmond?

I reckon Dylan will be a solid player. Love his speed and attitude. Need a guy like him firing in the seniors. May come in for Garlett v Richmond?

Dylan certainly has the necessary qualities to become a good footballer at AFL level. Has some real pace and is very aggressive at the contest despite his small frame. Disposal is good without being great.

From what I've seen the real issue with Dylan at the moment is his consistency. At this stage he just does not have the consistent ball-winning ability that we probably need from an AFL midfielder. Consistency will improve with more games under his belt but at this stage it is certainly lacking. Drifts in and out of games far too often and that's a real problem at AFL level. Having said that he'd be replacing Garlett who isn't exactly noted for his consistency but it certainly is at a level above Buckley's.

It will be interesting to see if he's recalled to the senior side should Garlett miss with injury. He'd have to be a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back