News Dylan Grimes and Toby Nankervis announced as captains for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a very smart choice by the club.

For mine Nank literally ticks every single leadership box apart from the media savviness. To have Grimes there as well, who is a very good public speaker (and great leader in his own right), complements him beautifully.

Nank is 3 years younger, so potentially down the track could take it solo - but in the intervening period has time to warm to the public nature of the role.

Just imagine taking short cuts at training etc and then Nank starts approaching you.
Awesome appointments. And Roaming Brian should be a must watch now.

Dylan Grimes was an obvious one. Would have been nice to see Jack Riewoldt as a co-captain, but Nankervis is not a bad choice either. He’s very much an on-field leader anyway.

I don’t mind the co-captains thing. We’ve had so many injuries to our captain over the years that we may as well have two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really big on having co-captains. Probably would have gone with Grimes with Nank as his VC, but the clubs knows better than me so I'll back them in.

Nank certainly has a bit of that Ivan Maric aura in that his physical game style inspires those around him.

I suspect Grimes will be doing most of the media 😂😂

Just imagine taking short cuts at training etc and then Nank starts approaching you.
Awesome appointments. And Roaming Brian should be a must watch now.

yep Nanks just gotta do the coin toss every week . The hand crushing shake of the hand . Ohh my .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back