Injury Dylan "Held together with tape" Grimes 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Overtraining tends to be cumulative. It generally doesn't occur over a single session. But you can be tipped over the edge based on training, nutrition, lack of appropriate recovery. It's a fascinating area & will (if not already) be an area of huge focus given the way the game is going & bench rotations...

If we don't play Astbury due to the surface then his career is well and truly cooked. Can't rap guys in cotton wool.
When was the last time you had a stingray barb in your foot?

I was annoyed when he went back with the flight of the ball in the last quarter and tied arms with Dickson I think it was. He got to the contest quick enough to then turn and face the ball. He had the height advantage and wouldn't have given a free kick away if he did. Instead, Dickson got the free kick and slammed the sealer.

Overtraining tends to be cumulative. It generally doesn't occur over a single session. But you can be tipped over the edge based on training, nutrition, lack of appropriate recovery. It's a fascinating area & will (if not already) be an area of huge focus given the way the game is going & bench rotations...

What we need is a good dietician and a supplements guru, anyone come to mind?

I was annoyed when he went back with the flight of the ball in the last quarter and tied arms with Dickson I think it was. He got to the contest quick enough to then turn and face the ball. He had the height advantage and wouldn't have given a free kick away if he did. Instead, Dickson got the free kick and slammed the sealer.
What annoyed me was that Dickson made absolutely no attempt to go for the ball. Instead he decided to stop dead in front of Grimes 5 metres from where the ball was and then gets a free kick. Absolute rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Grimes is in our best team anyway. Batchelor > Grimes

Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
Houli Rance Vlastuin

It's interesting that some elite sports and participants are going the other way with training. Studies are showing that harder and more training does to an extent improve a fitness base past a point but it comes at a huge cost and risk. About 95% of the training benefit is delivered in the first 10% of the activity (if performed at the right intensity) the other 90% training load makes up for about 5% of the gain but comes with injury and chronic athlete longevity issues. When you train your body it needs to repair the damage caused by training, training before that damage is completely repaired eventually catches up with the athlete.

It's why the Essendon supplements program wasn't focussed on improving their match day performance it was focussed on improving the ability of their body to recover.

Last edited:
2ed2k51.png

Yep or punched it thru for a point or even time his leap to punch it thru. Just didn't think it thru at all.

Grimes is underated

he generally does really well for us
Would have been a gun third tall, but he's had one or two too many injuries and don't think he'll ever become the player he could have been. Looks like he's lost a heap of confidence in the way he plays. That might come from lost confidence in his body, or lost confidence in his ability because he's missed a lot of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back