Dylan Howard: Journalist or Dumpster Diver?

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well folks, it looks like our good friend Dylan Howard has struck again.

You remember Dylan. He was the journalist who paid for stolen medical records and tried to publish them.

He was subsequently sacked from 3AW and Channel 7.

Then I hear him on SEN on a late night sports show last year. I remember wondering what he was doing on the air given his past. Still, if anyone was going to hire him, it was SEN. However it seems that Howard has since been 'released' from that station.

Now it has come to light that Dylan Howard is responsible for selling the Lara Bingle shot to Woman's Day.

I know we all think Hutchy is a w***er and Wilson is a gossipmonger, but Howard is on another level entirely. Twice now he has been caught buying and selling documents that shouldn't see the light of day to major publications.

Dylan has been sacked from Channel 7, 3AW, SEN, and as far as I know is no longer employed in Melbourne. His main occupation these days seems to be finding old photos and selling them to gossip magazines.

Well done, Dylan :rolleyes:

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Shouldn't the legal focus be on Howard now, as opposed to Fev. Fev must hate this guy, he is the one that over did the story about Fev getting the barman in a headlock in Ireland. I wonder how much he got for the picture.

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shouldn't the legal focus be on Howard now, as opposed to Fev. Fev must hate this guy, he is the one that over did the story about Fev getting the barman in a headlock in Ireland. I wonder how much he got for the picture.

Absolutely. I'd never heard of this photo before it got in the magazines. He's already responsible for more circulation than Fev ever did.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
I think its something to do with the name Dylan Howard

Worked with a guy of the same name until he was sacked and later convicted of stealing money from the company. From what I hear its just the tip of the iceberg of what he has allegedly done.

So it seems that Dylan Howard the "journalist" was doomed from the moment his parents named him to be a bit of a scumbag. Or that's my theory until I am given evidence of at least 2 Dylan Howards who are unpstanding citizens

Shouldn't the legal focus be on Howard now, as opposed to Fev.

It does seem strange they are going after Fev considering he didn't submit the picture to the magazine OR publish the magazine. Of course, it's just a media scam set up by Bingle's new agent Max - guess getting paid and some more publicity makes it all worth it ;)

Collingwould

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
Brunswick West
AFL Club
Collingwood
It does seem strange they are going after Fev considering he didn't submit the picture to the magazine OR publish the magazine. Of course, it's just a media scam set up by Bingle's new agent Max - guess getting paid and some more publicity makes it all worth it ;)

like they say, any publicity is good publicity

Mar 21, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Mighty Ducks
I think its something to do with the name Dylan Howard

Worked with a guy of the same name until he was sacked and later convicted of stealing money from the company. From what I hear its just the tip of the iceberg of what he has allegedly done.

So it seems that Dylan Howard the "journalist" was doomed from the moment his parents named him to be a bit of a scumbag. Or that's my theory until I am given evidence of at least 2 Dylan Howards who are unpstanding citizens

He is certainly not doing us other Dylan's any favors.

mollyfud

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, Vikings

You remember Dylan. He was the journalist who paid for stolen medical records and tried to publish them.

Then I hear him on SEN on a late night sports show last year. I remember wondering what he was doing on the air given his past. Still, if anyone was going to hire him, it was SEN. However it seems that Howard has since been 'released' from that station.

Now it has come to light that Dylan Howard is responsible for selling the Lara Bingle shot to Woman's Day.

I know we all think Hutchy is a w***er and Wilson is a gossipmonger, but Howard is on another level entirely. Twice now he has been caught buying and selling documents that shouldn't see the light of day to major publications.

Dylan has been sacked from Channel 7, 3AW, SEN, and as far as I know is no longer employed in Melbourne. His main occupation these days seems to be finding old photos and selling them to gossip magazines.

Add that allegedly he has be sacked from CrocMedia, Hutchy's company that has won the rights to regional radio coverage.

Yeah, but if she went after Howard.... she'd get 20c

Going after Fev the 20c becomes 200000000000000000000000000000 :p

trossa

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan, Boston Celtics, Patriots
The man is absolute tripe. Was going to say this belongs in Footy Fourth Estate but he seriously is a massive knob and the more people that know about it the better. I wonder what actually goes through his head when he pulls crap like this.

chardonnay

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2010
east of Widgiemooltha
AFL Club
West Coast

No way an investigative journalist can get a gig covering the AFL, its full of journos who toe the line, stick by the unwritten rules of the AFL all for a cup of tea & a scone.

Has anyone pursued the underlying story Howard exposed? NO, why is that?

Who broke the Cousins story, not an AFL journo !!

Tiger Woods: all the golfing press knew Tigers after hours habits.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
No way an investigative journalist can get a gig covering the AFL, its full of journos who toe the line, stick by the unwritten rules of the AFL all for a cup of tea & a scone.

Has anyone pursued the underlying story Howard exposed? NO, why is that?

Who broke the Cousins story, not an AFL journo !!

Tiger Woods: all the golfing press knew Tigers after hours habits.

Because it's scumbag journalism. What's your answer?

Adrian Shelton

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Had an idea that it would be something to do with that photo, him piffing stuff at Womans Day is the best he can do now? Go shoot yourself Dylan :(

Back