Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
ROBERTON%20Dylan_draft_246_meeta.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87120/default.aspx

Height: 190cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 21/06/91
Recruited from: Frankston/Dandenong Stingrays
Bio: Rebounding defender with good skills by both hand and foot. Decision making when in possession is a highlight. Outstanding endurance with 14.6 beep test at Draft Camp and backed up with 10.13mins for 3km (top 10 per cent). Averaged 18 disposals and five marks for the Stingrays at 70 per cent efficiency.

Video:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/videoid/50974/dylan+robertson+highlights/default.aspx

Looking forward to seeing my new buddy play. Havent seen much of him but he does look a reliable defender type from what ive seen. I hope he goes to East Freo so i can watch him live.

ps. can u fix the thread title (Dylan..not Dyan) ?

Seems to fit the pattern of elite runner with good footy skills. Probably unlikely to get a call up this year in front of Duff, Suban, Silvagni etc unless he really burns it up in the WAFL.

Used to play with Dyl so just interested to see how he goes, was great to see him do well in the NAB cup. Not sure which WAFL team he got assigned to, or how you guys report on your players playing in the WAFL, but interested to hear how he went.

Roberton is with East Perth and on the weekend ended up with 12 possesions (9 kicks, 3 handballs), 5 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.

Roberton's WAFL progress to date:

RD1 14 disp, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50
RD2 12 disp, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 i50, 1 goal
RD3 23 disp, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 1 i50
RD4 23 disp, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 7 i50, 1 b
RD5 -
RD6 17 disp, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 2 i50

Thought he looked solid on the weekend in his debut, couple of instances where he was very composed with the footy which is a great sign from a first-gamer

Any chance of getting a decent run in the side guys?

Given he didn't get the callup last week when injuries hit the backline I can't see where he'll find a spot, particularly once Broughton is back as well. That said, he'd be next in line in the back half so would expect him to play a few more games for the year but probably not an extended run.
Would love him to prove me wrong though, thought he looked good in his first couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think Roberton's final position will be? I am beginning to think that this Dylan's long term position is more tall midfielder than key backman - does anyone else think this?

What do people think Roberton's final position will be? I am beginning to think that this Dylan's long term position is more tall midfielder than key backman - does anyone else think this?

To soon to tell,but given our short fall in key position players...I think thats where they would like him to end up.....looks very versatile though

Watching both Grand Finals, I've come to realise that Roberton has very similar attributes to Goddard...

• Excellent skills
  • Great footy smarts and awareness
  • Elite endurance
  • Great contested marking skills
  • 191cm tall
  • Versatility
Obviously it remains to be seen if he can build his body up to become a brute like Goddard, and whether he has that X-Factor to lift at crucial points of the game, but anyway that similartity popped out to me over the past fortnight.

I think the thing he lacks compared to Goddard is that booming long penetrating kick. He may be clean by disposal but there is a difference in that department. Other then that I guess I kind of agree with everything else.

I see him more as a Corey Enright type.

Dylan just doesnt have that super-elite long kicking Goddard has or his contested marking up forward.

I see him more as a Corey Enright type.

Dylan just doesnt have that super-elite long kicking Goddard has or his contested marking up forward.

Seconded. Solid in defence, has the ability to run up the ground and rotate through the middle, good skills and reads the play extremely well.

Seconded. Solid in defence, has the ability to run up the ground and rotate through the middle, good skills and reads the play extremely well.

And just finds a lot of the ball... Which is one of the best things of Enright's game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back