Retired Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign Dylan up long time. Hes a keeper. Forget last year. It was obviously his ankle. He's a gun.
Never doubted it , he was good enough two years ago to know we had a bargain. Ties to Seaford/Frankston area, love it.

I saw him play the NAB game live in his first season with us and just couldn't believe how good he looked. Was way better than any of our established players that night on a half back wing. His first 3/4 of a season at the Saints were excellent and it was really just the injuries that have held him back. Great to see him back to his best. He's very reliable and adaptable.

Been on fire!

Starting to see the player he was from 2013 again (if not even better), one that struggled through injury in 2014.

From a Supercoach perspective;

92.0 ave from 13 games in 2015
3 game ave of 111.0 ATM
5 game ave of 108.2 ATM

Would have cost $267k at start of year - bargain!

Been on fire!

Starting to see the player he was from 2013 again (if not even better), one that struggled through injury in 2014.

From a Supercoach perspective;

92.0 ave from 13 games in 2015
3 game ave of 111.0 ATM
5 game ave of 108.2 ATM

Would have cost $267k at start of year - bargain!

Turning out to be one of our more inspired pick ups of the last few years.

The 2009 draft lives on! (sort of)

Sorry not sure why maybe I didn't copy it correctly not an IT person or it could be an Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) or something on your end if your interested head over to the saints twitter page
nah it's definitely not you, it happens with most of the tweets. only when I'm on my phone though. I don't use twitter but I'll check it out :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo hurt his leg round 2 (think he's got a reason to be well fed up with his legs by now). Thankfully nothing serious and should be back within 2-3 weeks.

The only current medium-term injury concern at Linen House Centre is rebounding defender Dylan Roberton, who is still a few weeks away from returning from the knee injury he suffered against Collingwood.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-04-19/injury-report-round-five

Humbled by his inclusion in the 2017 leadership group, St Kilda defender Dylan Roberton admits the recognition demonstrates the growth he has made with his leadership in recent years.

The 25-year-old was one of three new faces in the Saints’ eight-man group, joining midfielder Seb Ross and key forward Josh Bruce, along with newly appointed captain Jarryn Geary.

After several injury-interrupted pre-seasons, Roberton credited his full summer on the track for his growth, which has helped him become a better leader.

“I think just having the confidence from your teammates who vote you in is a little bit humbling,” Roberton told saints.com.au ahead of the Saints leadership announcement.

“To have the support from the group gives you a bit more confidence that you’re doing the right things and you have influence over the group.

“This is my first full pre-season – I’ve done every session so far. That’s also helped with my leadership being out there the whole summer to be able to influence the group.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-02-08/roberton-humbled-by-the-recognition-
----

Pretty interesting tidbit there - he's now into his 7th or 8th pre season so to only be notching up his first full one now is pretty crazy. I know he's had a number of ankle and lower leg issues at the Saints but thought he'd have managed one at Freo. Should be in for a strong year at this rate.

So a solid hit-out for Rob-Rob last night, this year he'll be a real beneficiary of the additions of Carlisle and Brown as he'll be able to zone off and use that lethal right foot even more offensively. He was a bit scratchy in places but it was pleasing to hear Montagna talk up his new position in the leadership group during his time in the commentary box. And let's face it, he's one of three players who deserve credit for the biggest highlight of the night (with respect to Geary's outstanding running effort that went Geary-Riewoldt-Geary-Paddy-Membrey goal).

So I was out and about Saturday night and only caught a few snippets on my phone, but if football commentators have taught me anything, it's that you don't have to know what you're talking about to talk about it

Apparently Robbo had a cracker of a game which resulted in this post on social media Saturday night while the tragedy was still fresh

17629873_10154781439403183_2629347955315754804_n.jpg

8 marks and 5 rebound 50's for a rebounding defender is certainly a very handy number. Looking forward to actually watching my boy improve on these numbers this week, we need to use that heartbreak to get stuck into Brisbane and notch up our first win of the year

And now I've seen it with my own eyes, cheers to the club for doing the hard bits for me. Lot of touched kicks in there shows how congested it was, love watching him use that penetrating kick. The last tackle on Priddis was a ripper too

Had a really good start to the year. I think the Dees cutting off his run last week was a big part of why we fell apart. Was in everything in that first quarter.

Hope he keeps it up. He's certainly one of the leaders now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back