Recommitted Dylan Roberton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheepey

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Though he is likely to do so, he still hasn't re-signed with club and is out of contract this year. Has a young family with 3 children, and was in All Australian form earlier in the year. He dropped off for around a month, but now is returning to his best. Likely to be sniffing around for a bit of coin.

Would any clubs be inquiring?

With Hodge now retiring, apparently there are rumours that Hawks are interested in him.

But clearly this thread isn't generating much interest :drunk:

Why on earth would he look to leave?

Fremantle only de-listed him because he was desperate to return home, they attempted to get a trade for him and no one showed any interest. St Kilda offered him a training spot and he did enough to earn a contract. They backed him in and on that reason alone he should sign with them.

Then you take into account the massive war chest St Kilda has built (according to BF posters) and they will certainly be able to afford to pay him enough to stay. If JJ is earning $3,250,000 over 5 then Roberton is probably around a similar bracket. He is a jet and I know a lot of Freo supporters were disappointed he left but he left for family.

I wouldn't be worried unless it comes to round 23 and he is actively making noises in the media. Otherwise it is probably just crossing the i's and dotting the t's.

Happy to have him back, but very unlikely.

Got his girlfriend pregnant and want to come back to Victoria for family support. We tried to get a third round pick for him and I was totally amazed that a club wouldn't give a pick for him. He let him off his contract to return back to Victoria.

My guess he will re-sign with the saints.

Uncontracted and yet to re-sign, although it's apparently in the works (I hope so anyhow)

However if things do go pear-shaped, heaven forbid, and he does decide to play elsewhere, what would your club offer for his services? Both in contract terms and compensation for the Saints.

Edit: He is also an RFA to the best of my knowledge.

I'd have him.
He'd be worth a late first/early second based on his from I'd say. Something along the lines of what we got for Michael Hibberd.

Like his brother at brisbane has really improved this season. Surely the saints re-sign him. He owes them because they stuck by him when he wasn't performing. Definitely pulled his finger out at the right time, will get an improved deal 450k and 3 years seems about right.

Like his brother at brisbane has really improved this season. Surely the saints re-sign him. He owes them because they stuck by him when he wasn't performing. Definitely pulled his finger out at the right time, will get an improved deal 450k and 3 years seems about right.

Brothers with different last names.....

Apparently a little distance between club and player.

Club probably expected to sign him for 300 early and after form spike player probably wants 600.

Hopefully settle on 500 but Hawthorn keeps murmuring.

Apparently a little distance between club and player.

Club probably expected to sign him for 300 early and after form spike player probably wants 600.

Hopefully settle on 500 but Hawthorn keeps murmuring.
A tough decision. Surely they'll meet half way. On one side roberton owes them, but on the other roberton has been performing. Just hope he doesn't do a JJ and start dropping off and go crawling back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tough decision. Surely they'll meet half way. On one side roberton owes them, but on the other roberton has been performing. Just hope he doesn't do a JJ and start dropping off and go crawling back.
He doesn't really owe them anything, they should pay his worth.

Doubt he'll do a JJ. Bit different player, stronger defensively. 14cm taller.

This is getting a bit scary now.

He still hasn't resigned and has 3 young kids that I'm sure is motivating him to find the right deal $ wise, as you would.

Yeah Roberton has signed, will be announced in the next couple of weeks along with a contract extension for Gilbert.

Probably Saints' best money ball pickup

Players like this will allow us to contend despite the hole in our list from the 2006-2011 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back