Dylan Shiel on Curtis Taylor

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will he cop anything?

Also, WTF is North doing? Letting a bloke back on the field and then taking him off for a concussion test. This mixed with the Cunnington fiasco last week, does not look good.
I don’t think they did a concussion test. The vision in the rooms was of them checking his jaw and cheeks.

I think he is having scans to see if he has facial fractures.

Yes the Cunnington decision was idiotic, no denying that.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just accept the Roos failed their duty of care to their player. Essendon would never fail their players like that
Your player wouldn’t be in that situation because he is too much of a squib to put his head over it.

No Essendon have the utmost care for their players lol

Nothing a quick jab or should I say jabs won’t fix ;)

Damn, the media aren't kidding when they say North is Essendon's grand final. They got the win and we're still clearly living rent free in their head.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gee the North fans are up and about.
No prob with the outcome. Two weeks for that action seems fair except the inconsistency with previous decisions incl this round.
Have a close read.

I think you will find it’s the Essendon supporters getting up and about that Shiel got suspended.

It’s even been claimed that it was an accidental head clash by some.

I feel the frustration with the inconsistency, the system is a mess.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Have a close read.

I think you will find it’s the Essendon supporters getting up and about that Shiel got suspended.

It’s even been claimed that it was an accidental head clash by some.

I feel the frustration with the inconsistency, the system is a mess.
I’m actually fine with Shiel getting 2 but it’s frustrating when you see Rohan get let off and guys in the media like Luke Darcy pushing for 1 week for Long because he reckons it’s less severe than Shiel’s.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I’m actually fine with Shiel getting 2 but it’s frustrating when you see Rohan get let off and guys in the media like Luke Darcy pushing for 1 week for Long because he reckons it’s less severe than Shiel’s.
I don't get the ex-Dogs players dislike of us. Johnson and Darcy are alike there. If anything, it should be the other way around when they upset the perfect season with our only loss.
I don't recall any feisty games or finals where we beat them.

Anyhoo, appeal makes sense
Should be low impact based on the assessments of Rohan and Marhall
Careless, High contact, low impact = ?

essendon are dreaming challenging this one. are they risking an extra week to challenge it?

Dreaming? The guy played out the game and scans have come back clear. So for a system that is heavily weighted on outcome, how the hell does it come out at the second highest impact possible?

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Dreaming? The guy played out the game and scans have come back clear. So for a system that is heavily weighted on outcome, how the hell does it come out at the second highest impact possible?
just because the guy was lucky enough to escape injury doesnt mean it wasn't a reasonable force. it doesnt compare to the tummy taps that usually grade as low force. he's pretty lucky to get careless as an intention, it was a deliberate bump where he went past the ball that went wrong.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
just because the guy was lucky enough to escape injury doesnt mean it wasn't a reasonable force. it doesnt compare to the tummy taps that usually grade as low force. he's pretty lucky to get careless as an intention, it was a deliberate bump where he went past the ball that went wrong.
Medium impact is probably the right level for the hit. He didn't take the opponent out of the game with it. He probably only copped a high impact result because of the scans and concerns over a fractured jaw/cheek. Christian is probably unsure how to treat potential issues after Bont's hit on Haynes was listed as low impact which then later turned out to have broken his larynx.

But as you mentioned, he's bloody lucky to escape with a careless call on intention since he went past the ball in making the bump.

The problem is the pressure now on the MRO to get out charges quickly. So in this case he's gone with an impact level based on suspected injuries, but he's gone with careless, because he probably thinks that Intentional, high contact with high impact will give an excessive penalty for the incident.

Overall, I thought 2 weeks was the right result, just the wrong charge levels to get it. Intentional (for going past the ball), high contact (hit the head) and medium impact (forced the opponent from the ground) is the right charge and gets 2 weeks.

Back