Rumour Dylan Shiel to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not what you asked

Which champions did Melbourne even have? Is what you asked
comeon s13 , don't you know the last 10 years is all that counts. :D Bit like Americans few of the world , starts at the Atlantic and ends at the Pacific

Anyway bit before my time but late 50's they won 5 out of 6 years , I suspect they had a couple of reasonble players. Having a father thats Dee's man , saw a few CatsDee's games and MichaelTurner V Robbie Flower was always a great watch. Flower was better than Grieg imo.

Lately in a GF in 1988 & 2000 , Im sure they had a few good guys. The last 10 years has been very bare

I thought Schroeder showed something in the games I saw him play against the Bombers and the Pies.

I agree Toli, I made a comment earlier in the year that he won't make it but there is something about him worth persisting with. Maybe just needs to string 5-7 games in a row at the top level?

Has toughness and is an exceptional gut runner. His disposal is a slight concern, needs to work on using his left foot as well but can take a mark and is usually in and under like a Kelly.

comeon s13 , don't you know the last 10 years is all that counts. :D Bit like Americans few of the world , starts at the Atlantic and ends at the Pacific

Anyway bit before my time but late 50's they won 5 out of 6 years , I suspect they had a couple of reasonble players. Having a father thats Dee's man , saw a few CatsDee's games and MichaelTurner V Robbie Flower was always a great watch. Flower was better than Grieg imo.

Lately in a GF in 1988 & 2000 , Im sure they had a few good guys. The last 10 years has been very bare

But not quite as good as Turner. Not biased??

Not quite as good as Turner? Did I say that? Had good duels. Who was better? Not sure both good players but I feel Flower in this North sides would have been a Brownlow medallist.

No, I said that. I thought Turner was exceptional. Particularly good when it suited him, at the G v Flower or Wood, or any big occasion, but hated playing in the mud or slosh, so he didn't.

I agree Toli, I made a comment earlier in the year that he won't make it but there is something about him worth persisting with. Maybe just needs to string 5-7 games in a row at the top level?

Has toughness and is an exceptional gut runner. His disposal is a slight concern, needs to work on using his left foot as well but can take a mark and is usually in and under like a Kelly.

Sorry Bobby, but Schroder is not an "exceptional gut runner". In fact his lack of endurance is his glaring weakness.

Very true. I am not suggesting he is the next coming of Jimmy or anything, but there is certaintly something worth persisting with. And I would back the club to coach him up to his full potential, whatever level that may be.

I feel at 21 Schredder deserves more time. He knows the system, was not the biggest kid coming out and has been getting more soloid as the time has passed.

He is clearly doing well enough over 12-13 VFL games to get enough votes for the Liston - so clearly he has done enough at the lower level. Again, i'm not expecting a JOM impact but with more time in the seniors and another good preseaso, good things will come.

He is 21.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

won the Liston medal as well but seems to be battling for the same spot currently occupied by Kelly, Selwood and Christensen so unless one of those get injured, he is going to have to bide his time unfortunately.
You suspect that if he was playing for St Kilda, Melbourne or alike, he would have already played 20 odd matches by now.

Bobby, your avatar makes me think you've morphed into a jovial and wise middle aged man, amazing the effect this has reading your posts, which are always good value anyway.

I feel like Schroder is apart of a large group of 21-23 year old midfielders who are on the cusp of selection. All of them have a different of strengths and weaknesses, all fitting different midfielder archtypes. All of them are in that age bracket where they could be one strong pre-season from cementing a place in our best 22.

Listed by age round 1 2004
T.Hunt 23y4m
Cowan 23y
Stringer 22y11m
Smedts 21y9m
Caddy 21y6m
Horlin-Smith 21y3m
Schroder 21y3m

With Duncan, Christensen and Motlop well settled in our best 22

If it wasn't such a weak draft for key position players we would definitely be going tall with our first pick, probably a key defender. For the right price I have no problem trading for Adam or Shiel but we don't need to pay overs for another midfielder in that age bracket.

I feel like Schroder is apart of a large group of 21-23 year old midfielders who are on the cusp of selection. All of them have a different of strengths and weaknesses, all fitting different midfielder archtypes. All of them are in that age bracket where they could be one strong pre-season from cementing a place in our best 22.

Listed by age round 1 2004
T.Hunt 23y4m
Cowan 23y
Stringer 22y11m
Smedts 21y9m
Caddy 21y6m
Horlin-Smith 21y3m
Schroder 21y3m

With Duncan, Christensen and Motlop well settled in our best 22

If it wasn't such a weak draft for key position players we would definitely be going tall with our first pick, probably a key defender. For the right price I have no problem trading for Adam or Shiel but we don't need to pay overs for another midfielder in that age bracket.

Darcy Gardiner.
If he is available at our pick we should (and will) snap him up without second thought, is easily the best key back in this years draft IMO.

Darcy Gardiner.
If he is available at our pick we should (and will) snap him up without second thought, is easily the best key back in this years draft IMO.

Normal people draft strategy: Best available player in a position where we're lacking... Lets take him!
Steven Wells draft strategy: *comment censored, good magicians never reveal their tricks*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back