Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is 25 and still waiting to reach the supposed potential he has. If he wants to go now you will get the best value. In another 12-24 months he will be 26-27 and people will realise he looks better than he actually is.

Potential? He was ******* All Australian last year.

My god what a mess this place is.

Because he is 25 and still waiting to reach the supposed potential he has. If he wants to go now you will get the best value. In another 12-24 months he will be 26-27 and people will realise he looks better than he actually is.
You're missing the part where we dont want to get rid of him and he doesn't want to leave.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You're missing the part where we dont want to get rid of him and he doesn't want to leave.

Yeah, fair point, just saying if things changed and he was lured away, it wouldn't be bad for you guys. Given the need to retain players you wouldn't be trading him unless he gave an indication he wanted to leave at the end of next year

Yeah, fair point, just saying if things changed and he was lured away, it wouldn't be bad for you guys. Given the need to retain players you wouldn't be trading him unless he gave an indication he wanted to leave at the end of next year
I'm sure if he wanted to go next year then we would worry about it then

This year and next are the best chances for a flag so I dont think we would lose him early to a trade.

But as yet only the vfl media are the only ones promoting it. Like they do every year.

Gives the small clubs fans down there something to hope for and plenty of clickbate for their "hot takes".

Cap pressure talk is utter nonsense. Griffen, Lids and Shaw will be retired before anybody needs to be re-signed. To suggest we need to trade out a star already under contract is pure fantasy. TPP stuff gets submitted to the AFL before contracts get rubber stamped. Near impossible to exceed the salary cap nowadays.

Cap pressure talk is utter nonsense. Griffen, Lids and Shaw will be retired before anybody needs to be re-signed. To suggest we need to trade out a star already under contract is pure fantasy. TPP stuff gets submitted to the AFL before contracts get rubber stamped. Near impossible to exceed the salary cap nowadays.
You are allowed to have in excess of your salary cap contracted for future years.

Clubs renegotiate an already contracted next year, adding more years, all the time.

He wanted a return to Victoria 2 years ago, before the AFL intervened & stepped in to offer him a sweet-heart offer, in order for him to stay....Next year he'll be a free-agent, so it makes sense for GWS to maximise on their returns now, rather than settle for a single first round pick next year.....The greater flexibility on offer in this years draft with regards future pick trading also makes it more than plausible.

You are allowed to have in excess of your salary cap contracted for future years.

Clubs renegotiate an already contracted next year, adding more years, all the time.

They do that to spread the amount over more years to re-sign somebody else. We did it with Shaw to re-sign Kelly, but the Shaw contract was re-jigged first. No way would they allow a club to commit to going over and tell them just sort it out during trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wanted a return to Victoria 2 years ago, before the AFL intervened & stepped in to offer him a sweet-heart offer, in order for him to stay....Next year he'll be a free-agent, so it makes sense for GWS to maximise on their returns now, rather than settle for a single first round pick next year.....The greater flexibility on offer in this years draft with regards future pick trading also makes it more than plausible.

Lol bullshit he was. Tin foil hat garbage.

He is under contract while in a flag window, so makes more sense to keep him for next years tilt.

Not saying he won't go end of next year but I'm not convinced he wants out.

Lol bullshit he was. Tin foil hate garbage.

He is under contract while in a flag window, so makes more sense to keep him for next years tilt.

Not saying he won't go end of next year but I'm not convinced he wants out.

Well, you know what they say....Where's there's smoke, there's usually fire.

He is on record as having desired a return home previously.

Your unequivocal dismissal of the possibility doesn't strike one as convincing in the least.

That's just nonsense.

I believe this happened with Shaw last year. He was extended a year quietly to the end of 2019 in an odd move for a guy his age. Reported as backended which seems credible. At the time we were fighting for Kelly though, and desperate to free up cash for him I believe.

I would be very disappointed to learn the bean counters let us get to the end of this year without a manageable cap for next year. It is the year when payments for Taranto, Perryman and Cumming start to bite at the end if their rookie contracts, but that's been known for 2 years.

What is likely is after next year we wont be in a position to match bids and force a trade if players choose other clubs. Expect most at least will choose to stay anyway.

Would give up a Treloar/Lever package deal in a heart beat.

GWS hold all the cards though. He is contracted so it will be down to whether they think they are a realistic flag chance next year. If so (most people do), they are probably likely to keep him regardless of the chances he leaves next year.

He was offered the exact contract as Treloar. What sweetheart offer have you made up in your own mind?

He was offered the exact contract as Treloar. What sweetheart offer have you made up in your own mind?

The one between the heads of the AFL admin & his family at a restaurant, that precipitated in him changing his mind in joining Treloar back to Victoria.

Well, you know what they say....Where's there's smoke, there's usually fire.

He is on record as having desired a return home previously.

Your unequivocal dismissal of the possibility doesn't strike one as convincing in the least.
Give me one example where has expressed a desire to return home whilst a professional footballer?

And what smoke are you referring to?

How's this from the man himself two weeks ago?

"Unless the Giants are exploring flicking me at the end of the year, at this stage I'm pretty happy up here and I'm contracted until the end of next year," Shiel told Triple M radio.

"So I'm enjoying my time up here and I certainly haven't looked at any options to leave at the end of this year."

Stick those beating drums up your ass, moron.

Give me one example where has expressed a desire to return home whilst a professional footballer?

And what smoke are you referring to?....How's this from the man himself two weeks ago?

"Unless the Giants are exploring flicking me at the end of the year, at this stage I'm pretty happy up here and I'm contracted until the end of next year," Shiel told Triple M radio.

"So I'm enjoying my time up here and I certainly haven't looked at any options to leave at the end of this year."

Yes....Interesting stipulation considering the coming cap-squeeze & the desire to hoard more first round talent for the coming 2 years....No academy steals heading your way this year or likely next either.....hmmmm.

The one between the heads of the AFL admin & his family at a restaurant, that precipitated in him changing his mind in joining Treloar back to Victoria.
Yes of course. I remember that well.

Oh, hang on. It didn't actually happen.

He re-signed in June of 2015...But yeah, made up dinner....Cool story bro.

Yes....Interesting stipulation considering the coming cap-squeeze & the desire to hoard more first round talent for the coming 2 years....No academy steals heading your way this year or likely next either.....hmmmm.
You got anything factual to back up your grand delusions?

Back