Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Time will tell if we overpaid.
If we finish top 4 next year and gws finish out of the 8. We will have paid pick 9 and 15ish for Shiel and pick 26ish. That will be about fair. If on the other hand we have a bad year and GWS finish top 4. We will have paid two top 10 picks for Shiel and pick 32. Which is way overs.

What a result!!

Bombers have smashed two trade periods in a row. Dodo is ascendent. Shiel is an amazing get.

I ******* adore the hawthorn and Carlton supporters all trying desperately to convince themselves pick 9 + pick 14-18 for Shiel and a second rounder next year is somehow overpaying.

Outstanding result. Good business

That's cute.

What a result!!

Bombers have smashed two trade periods in a row. Dodo is ascendent. Shiel is an amazing get.

I ******* adore the hawthorn and Carlton supporters all trying desperately to convince themselves pick 9 + pick 14-18 for Shiel and a second rounder next year is somehow overpaying.

Outstanding result. Good business
You needed a gun in your midfield and you got it. That’s pretty much it. Bombers got exactly what they needed. Pick Schmick. I was just stirring

Jeez if Hawks fans think 2 firsts for an elite mid and a second is overpaying I shudder to imagine what they think about giving up a first, second and gun kid for a decent half forward flanker.

GW should probably stay indoors the next few days.
I am waaaay happier to have Wingard but maybe this is all a bit silly. Both teams got what they needed and will be better for it

I am waaaay happier to have Wingard but maybe this is all a bit silly. Both teams got what they needed and will be better for it

Just don’t ruin another career and change your name to scrimshaw awakens

Time will tell if we overpaid.
If we finish top 4 next year and gws finish out of the 8. We will have paid pick 9 and 15ish for Shiel and pick 26ish. That will be about fair. If on the other hand we have a bad year and GWS finish top 4. We will have paid two top 10 picks for Shiel and pick 32. Which is way overs.
I think one year is too short a period to assess Shiel

You needed a gun in your midfield and you got it. That’s pretty much it. Bombers got exactly what they needed. Pick Schmick. I was just stirring
I'm glad my post pointing out slamming us for picking an elite mid when you've sold the farm for a decent flanker helped you realise the dick measuring contest was silly.

I have it on good authority that Dylan Shiel will still in fact, be a Hawk AND a Blue next year. My secret sauce (who requested anonymity at this time) has been given EXCLUSIVE information that the former GWS mid will be lining up for both Hawthorn and Carlton at he same time in 2018. When asked about the mechanics of schedule conflicts such as being at Coolangatta and Perth Airport at the same time, Dylan responded “I can play the Suns and the Eagles interstate on the same day for two different clubs, that’s easy. He continued “What I can’t do is get to Essendon, as they are #hardtodealwith #bluemour #Ichosehawthornfirst.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific deal for Giants. They would have got a pick in the teens for him next year if he were to leave as a FA.

They are copping some flack for losing a few to free up the salary cap, but I think they've handled it very well. They will still be a very good side next year and are still able to have a raft of terrific picks which says to me they just wont bottom out, which is really important for where they are at as a club.

Essendon had to pay overs in the end, but they got their man. They will have a strong side next year.

Do you have the video of Shiel telling Clarko to go and get ******, I'm going to the Bombers?

No it was actually the other way around, Clarkson called him and said “GAGF, we’ve done this whole process and we’re actually pulling out of the race. Now I have to go, I have to email a BigFooty poster and tell him”

Back