Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Good on Hawks supporters for their chin up attitude in getting their second choice in Wingard.

I personally couldn't be happier getting Shiel. So everyone is happy.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The thing about Hawthorn is they'd be nothing without Alastair Clarkson, their coach.

Take away their two best forwards - Breust and Gunston - and their forward line is s**t.

Their midfield is entirely reliant on Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard, Smith, Scully, Shiels, Burgoyne, Henderson, Worpel & Morrison. When they all retire, Hawks will fall off a cliff.

Sure they won 3 premierships in a row, but what really counts is the perfect distribution of players across the - patent pending - Pelchen Age Profile Spectrum.

Honestly, Hawthorn supporters are delusional if they think they're in premiership contention anytime soon.
Just look at the perfect and predictably successful list management strategies of the recent premiers: Bulldogs, Richmond and West Coast Eagles.
Everybody saw their success coming a mile away.

The thing about Hawthorn is they'd be nothing without Alastair Clarkson, their coach.

Take away their two best forwards - Breust and Gunston - and their forward line is s**t.

Their midfield is entirely reliant on Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard, Smith, Scully, Shiels, Burgoyne, Henderson, Worpel & Morrison. When they all retire, Hawks will fall off a cliff.

Sure they won 3 premierships in a row, but what really counts is the perfect distribution of players across the - patent pending - Pelchen Age Profile Spectrum.

Honestly, Hawthorn supporters are delusional if they think they're in premiership contention anytime soon.
Just look at the perfect and predictably successful list management strategies of the recent premiers: Bulldogs, Richmond and West Coast Eagles.
Everybody saw their success coming a mile away.

They didn’t win three premierships in a row.

Well, one or two did. The rest of them...

Congratulations though, I think the fans of 12–14 teams just realised how easily their lists have the Hawks covered.

So the guy you were gunning for apparently the whole season was worth less than the guy you scrambled for out of desperation.

Literally the day after they were rejected.

Almost looked like absolute desperation to prove they could attract players after being categorically rejected by the two highest profile targets of the year.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pick 15 + Ryan Burton (1st rd pick 2015 and Hawks best young player) + 35 + future 4th = Wingard + future 3rd.

Pick 11 + future first = Shiel + future 2nd.

Well done champ. Stop punking yourself.
Burton was pick 19 (Only just squeezes into the first round) and Hardwick (Same age as Burton) just came runner up in the hawks bnf..... Do you think you might be twisting the truth in your favor there?

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick 15 + Ryan Burton (1st rd pick 2015 and Hawks best young player) + 35 + future 4th = Wingard + future 3rd.

Pick 11 + future first = Shiel + future 2nd.

Well done champ. Stop punking yourself.
Burton being one of the few decent young players the Hawks had the opportunity to develop and cultivate and what do they do? Out the door!

Burton was pick 19 (Only just squeezes into the first round) and Hardwick (Same age as Burton) just came runner up in the hawks bnf..... Do you think you might be twisting the truth in your favor there?

Check my earlier post.

The value paid for Wingard is Pick 9 plus Burton.

Unless you think Burton is utterly useless, that IS a very high cost.

Whether you think its worth it is an entirely different question. I personally think that throwing a talented kid out the door when he hasn’t asked for it is very bad for business; but that’s opinion only.

Essendon also paid a high price (pick 4 equivalent) for Shiel.

The difference is that by and large Essendon fans don’t seem to care that they did - a needs player that we paid to extract.

Only seems to be Hawthorn fans desperate to claim they haven’t paid a kings ransom for Wingard; indicates to me a subconscious acknowledgement that they have indeed done that.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Check my earlier post.

Whether you think its worth it is an entirely different question. I personally think that throwing a talented kid out the door when he hasn’t asked for it is very bad for business; but that’s opinion only.

The difference is that by and large Essendon fans don’t seem to care that they did - a needs player that we paid to extract.

Only seems to be Hawthorn fans desperate to claim they haven’t paid a kings ransom for Wingard; indicates to me a subconscious acknowledgement that they have indeed done that.
Lol I think you've replied to the wrong post.... I didn't say anything to you, nor do I care about some earlier post of yours..

Lol I think you've replied to the wrong post.... I didn't say anything to you, nor do I care about some earlier post of yours..

I don’t give a s**t what you care about - doesn’t make the point any less valid.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Check my earlier post.

We did pay a lot for Wingard. And he’s worth it.

We wouldn’t have for Shiel. That’s my point

Really? The last time I was supposed to ‘swallow my words’ four Hawks fans lost bets to me. Precisely because they couldn’t listen, and were blind to the substandard quality of Hawthorn’s list.
Lol the one year the Hawks haven't finished top 4 since 2011 and you got lucky.

Luck had nothing to do with it. The void in Hawthorn's list was not hard to see.
then how come Hawthorn have managed to finish top 4 every single other year since (and including) 2011? You've been sprouting the same s**t since 2012 and only once in that whole time have we not finished top 4.

Back