Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
then how come Hawthorn have managed to finish top 4 every single other year since (and including) 2011? You've been sprouting the same s**t since 2012 and only once in that whole time have we not finished top 4.

You have?

Let's see here. 2016? Nope. 2017? Nope. 2018? Nope.

Top 4 every year hey?

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
then how come Hawthorn have managed to finish top 4 every single other year since (and including) 2011? You've been sprouting the same s**t since 2012 and only once in that whole time have we not finished top 4.
It pains him. He keeps praying for us to fail.

I feed on his annual incorrect prediction. It strengthens me

Ahhh this void. You said the same last preseason.

And I was right last preseason.

This is where you mention straight sets but at least we gave our season a good shake with our “deep void list”.

No you didn't.

You went 4-7 against other top 8 sides, and couldn't get within 5 goals of another finalist - that's giving it a good shake?

And Jaegar was never going to get on the field too so we heard...sure

Said by who?

And has he somehow managed to turn in to a superstar without me noticing?

You have?

Let's see here. 2016? Nope. 2017? Nope. 2018? Nope.

Top 4 every year hey?
2016 AFL ladder 3rd.

upload_2018-11-28_16-32-40.png

2018 AFL ladder 4th

upload_2018-11-28_16-33-55.png

2016 AFL ladder 3rd.

View attachment 589599

2018 AFL ladder 4th

View attachment 589601

I must admit I do enjoy when people think they are being clever, and instead are making a complete arse of themselves.

I'm sure Collingwood will be delighted to hear that the season finishes when the home and away rounds do, they now stand alone with 19 flags.

Essendon do pretty well out of it too - 17 flags now, a shame we don't sit top of the bunch anymore though.

Hawks, not so well - you don't wanna know...

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I must admit I do enjoy when people think they are being clever, and instead are making a complete arse of themselves.

I'm sure Collingwood will be delighted to hear that the season finishes when the home and away rounds do, they now stand alone with 19 flags.

Essendon do pretty well out of it too - 17 flags now, a shame we don't sit top of the bunch anymore though.

Hawks, not so well - you don't wanna know...
We must make the most of our opportunities then hey?

Good on us

kade

Team Captain
Jan 16, 2008
tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To be fair to the hawks youth and list management, it’s a hell of a lot harder to get the elite talent when you finish up near the top most years

The last few years ay? Last century was your last flag.

Last
Century

Was it? Major difference here, I don't see any Essendon fans bragging about how awesome they've been. In fact, most are quite contrite and readily acknowledge how poor their on field performances have been.

Par for the course really, and the reason Hawks fans are by some distance the most obtuse in the league when it comes to judging their own.

In this thread alone Hawks fans have:

- Claimed they finished top 4 when they didn't
- Claimed they paid less for Wingard than Essendon paid for Shiel, when they didn't
- That Essendon rorted the cap in 2000
- That Essendon exploited the compensation payments as a type of salary cap bend, when they didn't

Which of course accompanies the absurd claim that Hawthorn 'pulled out' on Shiel. Christ that's embarrassing, so delicate and precious can't even tolerate the idea that Hawthorn are not a destination club.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was it? Major difference here, I don't see any Essendon fans bragging about how awesome they've been. In fact, most are quite contrite and readily acknowledge how poor their on field performances have been.

Par for the course really, and the reason Hawks fans are by some distance the most obtuse in the league when it comes to judging their own.

In this thread alone Hawks fans have:

- Claimed they finished top 4 when they didn't
- Claimed they paid less for Wingard than Essendon paid for Shiel, when they didn't
- That Essendon rorted the cap in 2000
- That Essendon exploited the compensation payments as a type of salary cap bend, when they didn't

Which of course accompanies the absurd claim that Hawthorn 'pulled out' on Shiel. Christ that's embarrassing, so delicate and precious can't even tolerate the idea that Hawthorn are not a destination club.
I never said we paid less. I said we paid more. Burton was a champ.

All I’ve said (consistently) is that we would not have paid what we paid for Wingard for Shiel. And that’s why we pulled out

Re Essendon fans being contrite - not enough in my opinion

All I’ve said (consistently) is that we would not have paid what we paid for Wingard for Shiel. And that’s why we pulled out

You didn't pull out. The actions of Hawthorn, the numerous reports, the quotes from people, tell you that you didn't.

And as for Wingard, you waited until the day after Shiel (very politely and professionally) told you he wasn't interested in playing for you before you committed to him. Not that I blame you, Shiel is comfortably a better player.

Oh I'm not contrite. Opposition fans can in most cases go * themselves, and bow down at our feet for consistently keeping the league afloat for the rest of you.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You didn't pull out. The actions of Hawthorn, the numerous reports, the quotes from people, tell you that you didn't.

And as for Wingard, you waited until the day after Shiel (very politely and professionally) told you he wasn't interested in playing for you before you committed to him. Not that I blame you, Shiel is comfortably a better player.

Oh I'm not contrite. Opposition fans can in most cases go **** themselves, and bow down at our feet for consistently keeping the league afloat for the rest of you.
I placed a press piece above where it showed we were into Wingard before we pulled out of the Shiel deal. This whole next day thing is rubbish.

We probably wanted to get both if truth be told. But couldn’t. And chose Chad

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon

You should have stuck fat with Shiel and offered him more instead of allegedly going cold.
Shiel would have helped fill a very important and gaping hole in your list.
Wingard doesn't have the same impact.
Classic list mis-management.

Back