Confirmed Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Shiel, Heppell, Merrett have all been AA and Smith made the 40 man squad this year, so Essendon fans saying O'Meara is behind these 4 guys isn't unreasonable until he proves otherwise..
I agree with that, he's only had one full season of playing since his injury woes.

Though IMO O'Meara has the most potential out of all of the midfielders on both lists.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree with that, he's only had one full season of playing since his injury woes.

Though IMO O'Meara has the most potential out of all of the midfielders on both lists.
You need to understand that O’Meara has to play within the limitations of his knee issues, which will severely curtail any more upside.
It’s not unreasonable to suggest that what Hawthorn got out of O’Meara in 2018 could quite possibly be the best they’ll get out of him.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Mitchell, O'meara, Shiels, Wingard, Burgoyne, Smith, Scully, Worpel, Howe
Too many of these ****** in that list.
There’s a * on ToM- can the Hawks get 97% time on ground out of Mitchell again in 2019
There’s a * on JoM-will both knees hold out
There’s a * on Wingard- is he interested enough in footy after leaving PA a shattered man
There’s a * on Burgoyne- will Father Time finally catch up with him
There’s a * on Scully- no explanation required
There’s a * on Worpedo- only played 11 games, carries a lot of expectation and could get the dreaded second year blues.

The Hawthorn midfield is undeniably susceptible to frailty.

Last edited:

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
No, it is because he is the most talented of the bunch.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yawn.

He's an injury prone player who is no more talented than many in the AFL, and is in fact LESS talented than many.

But sure, beat your Hawks meat hard and fast mate - no one is buying it, and no one is even remotely concerned by broken down JOM. The bloke is terrified of kicking the ball (first instinct is almost always to handball), and is a threat to no one.

But go for your life, in your little fantasy land. Wouldn't trade for any of the 4, **** me BigFooty has some special types.

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Yawn.

He's an injury prone player who is no more talented than many in the AFL, and is in fact LESS talented than many.

But sure, beat your Hawks meat hard and fast mate - no one is buying it, and no one is even remotely concerned by broken down JOM. The bloke is terrified of kicking the ball (first instinct is almost always to handball), and is a threat to no one.

But go for your life, in your little fantasy land. Wouldn't trade for any of the 4, **** me BigFooty has some special types.
What are you on about?

He averaged 24 touches this season, with 13 of them being kicks. You do the math.

In 2017 he averaged double the amount of handballs to kicks, but that was seemingly due to him being off the pace. He was still finding his feet and was a step behind the pace of the game, bar the final game of the season really.

This season Merrett averaged more handballs than kicks. Does that mean he's scared of kicking?

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
What are you on about?

He averaged 24 touches this season, with 13 of them being kicks. You do the math.

In 2017 he averaged double the amount of handballs to kicks, but that was seemingly due to him being off the pace. He was still finding his feet and was a step behind the pace of the game, bar the final game of the season really.

This season Merrett averaged more handballs than kicks. Does that mean he's scared of kicking?
Why in the world did you think numbers were important?

I didn't make mention of any stats relating to kicking and/or handballing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Why in the world did you think numbers were important?

I didn't make mention of any stats relating to kicking and/or handballing.
Of course you didn't, because it would have made a mockery of your point.

One would assume that a player petrified of kicking wouldn't in fact average more kicks than handballs per game.

One would also assume that the person making such a ludicrous claim hadn't actually watched him play at all this season. So I figured the numbers would help you realise that you're clearly wrong.

You were actually right about one thing though, there really are some 'special' types that post on here.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon

One would assume that a player petrified of kicking wouldn't in fact average more kicks than handballs per game.

One would also assume that the person making such a ludicrous claim hadn't actually watched him play at all this season. So I figured the numbers would help you realise that you're clearly wrong.

You were actually right about one thing though, there really are some 'special' types that post on here.
You need to stop watching the stats on the scoreboard and watch how JoM plys his game. Anyone can identify his first instinct is now to handball.
It is clearly evident for all to see, except if your a.....Hawthorn supporter?

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon

Actually no, that's your assumption.

I on the other hand, would classify a player that is terrified to kick as one that has next to no penetration on his kicks, does not follow through on the ball and instinctively looks to handball first.

Actually I watch the Hawks about as much as I watch any non-Essendon side, that is, fairly regularly without watching every game. And O'Meara is a shit kick of the ball due to his own lack of faith in his body.

There sure are.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Actually no, that's your assumption.

I on the other hand, would classify a player that is terrified to kick as one that has next to no penetration on his kicks, does not follow through on the ball and instinctively looks to handball first.
Brace yourself for the predictable vid of Jaegar kicking that long bouncing call from well outside the 50 to prove he doesn’t lack penetration according to Hawthorn types.
You could put money on it that Abasi is going to ram it down this thread.

BJK#5

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Brace yourself for the predictable vid of Jaegar kicking that long bouncing call from well outside the 50 to prove he doesn’t lack penetration according to Hawthorn types.
You could put money on it that Abasi is going to ram it down this thread.
Yeah imagine stats proving he isn't afraid to kick, video proof that he doesn't penetration but sure you guys are totally right and he is no good. :rolleyes:

His second half of the season was a massive step up and he was an absolute gun in that time, he is still improving as time goes on which you would expect in a relatively young player who has missed a lot of football. His best this year was very good and we have not seen anywhere near the best of him yet.

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
You need to stop watching the stats on the scoreboard and watch how JoM plys his game. Anyone can identify his first instinct is now to handball.
It is clearly evident for all to see, except if your a.....Hawthorn supporter?
For better or worse I watched every game he played this season, hence my opinion on the matter. But of course you know better.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah imagine stats proving he isn't afraid to kick, video proof that he doesn't penetration but sure you guys are totally right and he is no good. :rolleyes:

His second half of the season was a massive step up and he was an absolute gun in that time, he is still improving as time goes on which you would expect in a relatively young player who has missed a lot of football. His best this year was very good and we have not seen anywhere near the best of him yet.
Sorry mate- you won’t get a better O’meara going forward in his career.
Also, just be open minded about a let down this year from ToM.
You got 97% game time this year, unlikely to be within 15% of that in 2019.

Holy Rioli

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Shiel, Heppell, Merrett have all been AA and Smith made the 40 man squad this year, so Essendon fans saying O'Meara is behind these 4 guys isn't unreasonable until he proves otherwise..
O'Meara's 2nd half of the season was as good as Tom Mitchell. And better than any Essendon mid. It's only half a season sample, and there will always be concerns with regards to his knee, but I think the standard he set in the second half of 2018 will be his normal form for the next 5-6 years.

Holy Rioli

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
It is a high risk, high reward midfield.

Personally I don't think anyone is shaking in their boots at the thought of playing Hawthorn - very meh side.
You've been saying this since 2012 but in that time we've only finished outside the top 4 once at the end of the home and away season, won 3 flags and played in 4 grand finals.

Essendon have to go back over 5000 days since their last finals win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom