Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadeeq

Debutant
Jun 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmm, who would I rather kicking the ball into the forward 50, Omeara or Shiel.. :think:

Personally I think Omeara would do a better job, even with a moon boot on.

If you think Shiel is bad you are going to be swearing a lot watching Dom Tyson next season. I would rather Gaff or Josh Kelly in a moon boot over him.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah imagine stats proving he isn't afraid to kick, video proof that he doesn't penetration but sure you guys are totally right and he is no good. :rolleyes:

His second half of the season was a massive step up and he was an absolute gun in that time, he is still improving as time goes on which you would expect in a relatively young player who has missed a lot of football. His best this year was very good and we have not seen anywhere near the best of him yet.
Sorry mate- you won’t get a better O’meara going forward in his career.
Also, just be open minded about a let down this year from ToM.
You got 97% game time this year, unlikely to be within 15% of that in 2019.

Shiel, Heppell, Merrett have all been AA and Smith made the 40 man squad this year, so Essendon fans saying O'Meara is behind these 4 guys isn't unreasonable until he proves otherwise..
O'Meara's 2nd half of the season was as good as Tom Mitchell. And better than any Essendon mid. It's only half a season sample, and there will always be concerns with regards to his knee, but I think the standard he set in the second half of 2018 will be his normal form for the next 5-6 years.

Dylan Shiel thread being spammed by Hawthorn nuffies banging on about O'Meara. Just ban this off topic bullshit already.

It is a high risk, high reward midfield.

Personally I don't think anyone is shaking in their boots at the thought of playing Hawthorn - very meh side.
You've been saying this since 2012 but in that time we've only finished outside the top 4 once at the end of the home and away season, won 3 flags and played in 4 grand finals.

Essendon have to go back over 5000 days since their last finals win.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
You've been saying this since 2012 but in that time we've only finished outside the top 4 once at the end of the home and away season, won 3 flags and played in 4 grand finals.

We’re getting closer, the Hawks know it.
They’ve been dreading the inevitable.
It’s arrived.

And yet it’s list is still vastly superior to Hawthorn.

The fact Hawks fans are banging on about a bog average mid like O’Meara tells you as much.

And yet it’s list is still vastly superior to Hawthorn.

The fact Hawks fans are banging on about a bog average mid like O’Meara tells you as much.
If it is so superior how come Essendon haven't won a final in over 5000 days?

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Sorry mate- you won’t get a better O’meara going forward in his career.
Also, just be open minded about a let down this year from ToM.
You got 97% game time this year, unlikely to be within 15% of that in 2019.
Yes O'meara peaked at 24 years of age in his first full season of footy in years, that makes sense.

Also Mitchell is just going to lose his aerobic capacity over the off season because??? You want him to?

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Dylan Shiel thread being spammed by Hawthorn nuffies banging on about O'Meara. Just ban this off topic bullshit already.
Point respected, but I’m enjoying the spirited but misguided defence of the shallow depth down at Glenferrie. There have been some absolute pearlers brought in to the conversation by the threepeeter brigade.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes O'meara peaked at 24 years of age in his first full season of footy in years, that makes sense.

Also Mitchell is just going to lose his aerobic capacity over the off season because??? You want him to?
Have you considered that perhaps Clarko is running ToM into the ground at 97% TOG because the depth is a bit, shall we say, shallow.
Take ToM off the ground for a rest and the veritable flood gates open.
That’s why you desperately needed Dylan, but unfortunately for Hawthorn he chose the red and black empire.
He’s quite astute, Dylan.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Have you considered that perhaps Clarko is running ToM into the ground at 97% TOG because the depth is a bit, shall we say, shallow.
Take ToM off the ground for a rest and the veritable flood gates open.
That’s why you desperately needed Dylan, but unfortunately for Hawthorn he chose the red and black empire.
He’s quite astute, Dylan.
I will take the absence of mentioning him as admitting you were wrong on Jaeger.

Have you considered that Tom Mitchell is a gun midfielder that has the ability to play huge game time at a very high level and has the ability to run off his opponents due to his elite tank. I think we did need help in the midfield and Chad will play a % of game time in the middle to help adress that.

The rest of what you said is just a boring troll attempt, i am glad you are happy with Shiel. More than happy with The Chad.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
I will take the absence of mentioning him as admitting you were wrong on Jaeger.

Have you considered that Tom Mitchell is a gun midfielder that has the ability to play huge game time at a very high level and has the ability to run off his opponents due to his elite tank. I think we did need help in the midfield and Chad will play a % of game time in the middle to help adress that.

The rest of what you said is just a boring troll attempt, i am glad you are happy with Shiel. More than happy with The Chad.
That’s good, you’ve conceded the TOG of 97% for ToM is not sustainable. Consequently, Hawthorn will find themselves without their engine room a lot more than in 2918.
I’ve already alerted the thread about the limitations on Jaegar bomb out.
No need for me to be repititious and you should not be so insulting about my assessments of Dylan compared to what Hawthorn can offer up.

Last edited:

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
O'Meara's 2nd half of the season was as good as Tom Mitchell. And better than any Essendon mid. It's only half a season sample, and there will always be concerns with regards to his knee, but I think the standard he set in the second half of 2018 will be his normal form for the next 5-6 years.

Z Merrett as of right now is 22 and been AA as a 21yr old, O'Meara 24 and hasn't
Smith 25 made AA 40 man squad which O'Meara failed to do after his best ever season.
Shiel at 23 was also was AA and so was Heppell at 21 ran 4th in the MVP.

O'Meara hasn't achieved what these players did at the same age or younger, so until he does there is no reason for Essendon fans to think O'Meara is a better player.

Tom Mitchell on the other hand is an absolute gun player game after game, runs on the board and all.
Also I would rather Wingard before O'Meara, Wingards best is special and it's all ahead of him.

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yawn.

He's an injury prone player who is no more talented than many in the AFL, and is in fact LESS talented than many.

But sure, beat your Hawks meat hard and fast mate - no one is buying it, and no one is even remotely concerned by broken down JOM. The bloke is terrified of kicking the ball (first instinct is almost always to handball), and is a threat to no one.

But go for your life, in your little fantasy land. Wouldn't trade for any of the 4, **** me BigFooty has some special types.
Of course no one is worried of a broken down player.

But what about the fully fit JOM. The JOM that showed no hesitation in the 2nd half of 2018. Hes coming, just needs some more luck and good management.

Your 4 are all below the top tier mids. I'm of the belief JOM can take his game to the top echelon.

No need to be annoyed about it and yawn about it. You've got your Fab 4. Hopefully they can go both ways against the good sides.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Hmm, who would I rather kicking the ball into the forward 50, Omeara or Shiel.. :think:

Personally I think Omeara would do a better job, even with a moon boot on.

And look a neutral has arrived to provide an objective view, fwiw I think Shiel is a decent kick. His issue lies with his gut running and fatigue when he delivers the ball inside 50. Dangerfield is prone to the same clangers.

If O'Meara was so concerned about his knees he wouldn't be tackling like a beast, can't for the life of me think of why Bomber supporters would be so dismissive of him;)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

And look a neutral has arrived to provide an objective view, fwiw I think Shiel is a decent kick. His issue lies with his gut running and fatigue when he delivers the ball inside 50. Dangerfield is prone to the same clangers.

If O'Meara was so concerned about his knees he wouldn't be tackling like a beast, can't for the life of me think of why Bomber supporters would be so dismissive of him;)

Because he’s not very good?

Bog average you say, it's ok man I get you are bitter he didn't want to go to *

s**t you not, I was just thinking ‘bog average’.

And yeah was bitter, but then McGrath took the field, and O’Meara played some damn average footy - and whaddya know, I was over it.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Bog average you say, it's ok man I get you are bitter he didn't want to go to *

Are you really spouting something about a player not wanting to go to us in a thread filled with Hawkes supporters having to buy the lie that they rejected Shiel because he didnt choose them?

Back